Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 113

Thread: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,173

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Woo, I managed to predict both conference finals series'!

    Anyway, I originally picked the Lakers in 6, with the caveat that I believed the Nuggets could beat the Lakers. I believe the Nuggets are the better team here, but I always fear a Lakers team with home court advantage in the playoffs. Y'all can decipher what you wish from that comment.

    I'm going to semi-cheat and revise my prediction a little bit here:

    If the series is officiated evenly, Nuggets in 6.

    If not, then Lakers in 7.

  2. #2
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Lakers in 5

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,718

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Lakers will win this series in 5 or 6

  4. #4
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,041
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    I think Billups proves he is a Hall of Famer this series. Denver in 6.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    DENVER!


    I despise the Lakers.

  6. #6
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    661

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Denver in 7.

  7. #7
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    LAL in 7 ( cuz of poor officiating ) and their inability to win on the road against really good teams.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #8
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    LA in 6.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  9. #9
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    I hate the Lakers with every single ounce of my being.

    So I will be rooting for Denver. Begrudgingly. I don't particularly care for them either.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  10. #10
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    I think this should be a very good series, but the Lakers must be considered the favorites.

  11. #11
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,054

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    If LA doesn't get its head out of its I don't think they're the favorites. Even if they do play well it wouldn't surprise me if Denver wins the series. However, I doubt I'll be interested enough to watch.

  12. #12
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,755

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Lakers absolutely will not win a game in Denver. Lakers win when they score a lot, Denver will out run any team in the league at their home court.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  13. #13
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,778

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Lakers in Seven...


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    I hope the Nuggets kill the Lakers, I call this one for the Nuggets on 6 games.

  15. #15
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,729

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    DENVER IN 6!

    i hope the refs don't screw this series up.

  16. #16
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,551
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Chauncey B-B-B-B-B-Billups, Melo, and Karl vs. Kobe, Phil, and Stern. Could be interesting. Does Stern believe that the Nuggets are marketable for the Finals or not? Will Phil be riding his motorcycle into retirement again due to no longer having a fire in his belly after a disappointing loss?

    Hopefully, Denver in 6. Realistically, Lakers in 7.

  17. #17
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Has anyone seen this? Game 4 of the series and some wwe event fall on the same night at the Pepsi Center.

    Link

  18. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,173

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone seen this? Game 4 of the series and some wwe event fall on the same night at the Pepsi Center.

    Link
    Just have the wrestlers wear Nuggets and Lakers uniforms. With the current state of things in the NBA, few will be able to tell the difference.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  20. #19
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,471

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just have the wrestlers wear Nuggets and Lakers uniforms. With the current state of things in the NBA, few will be able to tell the difference.

  21. #20
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Say what you want about pro wrestling but it is ran by a great businessman, Vince Mcmahon, the guy is one of the best promoters in the world. I think he will call for a Mark Cuban and Mystery Tag Team Partner vs Kenyon Martin and his mother in a steel cage match.

    I believe 100% the WWE will show up. I would bet money on the fact Monday Night Raw has hire cable televison ratings ratings than TNT Basketball.

  22. #21
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe 100% the WWE will show up. I would bet money on the fact Monday Night Raw has hire cable televison ratings ratings than TNT Basketball.
    I should've bet you money because you're wrong.

    http://www.multichannel.com/article/...atings_Win.php

    Quote Originally Posted by multichannel
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Combined, ESPN and TNT's NBA playoff telecasts accounted for six of the top 10 most-watched shows for the week, with two iCarly episodes and USA's twin May 4 WWE Monday Night Raw pro wrestling telecasts taking the other four slots, according to Nielsen.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  24. #22
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone seen this? Game 4 of the series and some wwe event fall on the same night at the Pepsi Center.

    Link

    "The NBA, which sets the playoff schedule, is leaving it to the Nuggets and the WWE to work out the dispute."

    The NBA is at fault unless it has rules that teams arena's have to be free for playoff games. Otherwise the way I see it the arena is already booked.

  25. #23
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    Why am I watching this?

  26. #24
    Eternal Optimist VF21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Plumas Forest, CA
    Posts
    604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    I would just like to remark that as much as I love the game of basketball, I hate the LA Lakers.

    And since I would like to make that remark, I'm going to go ahead and do so formally...

    I hate the freaking LA Lakers.

    End of transmission...
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to VF21 For This Useful Post:


  28. #25

    Default Re: 2009 NBA Playoffs - WCF: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Denver

    go ABA survivors, go Nuggets (despite having K-Mart)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 211
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 10:40 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 11:44 PM
  3. 2009 NBA Playoffs: (2) Denver vs. (7) New Orleans
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 03:46 AM
  4. 2009 NBA Playoffs: (1) L.A. Lakers vs. (8) Utah
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM
  5. NBA To Announce Schedule Today
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •