Chuck Hayes

Rockets get:
    Marcus Camby
    Mardy Collins

Clippers get:
    T.J. Ford
    Brent Barry
    Joey Dorsey

Battier is Danny's backup defender or plays SG on defense. Possibly be willing to start him at SF, move Danny to PF and have Troy come off the bench.

Hayes is our backup PF that we need. He's an aggressive player in the post which is what we need at PF/C.

For Houston they're losing a great defender but LAC is trading them a good defender in return and also a backup SG.

For the Clippers, T.J. would be a big help for Baron Davis at PG. Also Barry makes it even since they are losing Collins and Dorsey is a throw in.

Default Re: Trade with Rockets and Clippers 3 way

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Battier is Danny's backup defender
    This is where you lost me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shane would be a guy who Danny can turn to to defend well when he sits down.

This deal would be wonderful for the Pacers IMO. Battier's a great leader and I love his attitude towards basketball. Hayes is doing a pretty good job for the Rockets right now too. I think Hayes is a guy we could use, but not exactly someone we "need" because he's similar to Foster, but worse on offense.
    Problem with the Rockets right now is they are lacking bigs. Yao's too injury-prone and Mutombo's going to be gone, but I don't think they'll want Camby if they can get other bigs.
    Overall, I think the Rockets are giving up more than they receive.

Pacers send Ford and get back Battier and Hayes?

Not happening
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We don't need another SF and while Chuck is good is small amounts, he's 6'6" and not the post presence we're looking for. I would hope that TJ would bring something more at a position of need.

The Clippers can get more for Camby than basically just Ford, as he carries value as both a DPOY-talent and an expiring contract. Not to mention, if they get Rubio in the draft, they won't be interested in trading for any PG when they'll have one on a cheap rookie-scale contract. Even if they don't, I'm sure they'd rather go with another option than Ford.

Even just judging the deal on the talent exchange, we'd be getting the best out of it, followed by Houston, and then LA. But realistically speaking, you need to consider the value of Battier to the Rockets and as such, it would take more than a 35-year-old Camby for them to trade him. Also, you have to ask yourself is Ford as valuable as you think.

I just think Danny needs another player that he can turn to that would be a good defender with him. We don't really have a solid SF for him. That's why I like Battier and he would make a great teammate and he and Dun would play well together.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't we have that in Rush?

Pacers get:
    Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes

Rockets get:
    Marcus Camby
    Mardy Collins

Clippers get:
    T.J. Ford
    Brent Barry
    Joey Dorsey

Battier is Danny's backup defender or plays SG on defense. Possibly be willing to start him at SF, move Danny to PF and have Troy come off the bench.

Hayes is our backup PF that we need. He's an aggressive player in the post which is what we need at PF/C.

For Houston they're losing a great defender but LAC is trading them a good defender in return and also a backup SG.

For the Clippers, T.J. would be a big help for Baron Davis at PG. Also Barry makes it even since they are losing Collins and Dorsey is a throw in.
    I know you like Battier, as you should, but this is just a horrible trade for Houston and it's not very good for the Clips either.

Houston isn't going to trade their "glue guy" for a 35 year old Camby. Did you happen to read the NY Time article about how valuable Battier he is to his team and how Houston and their GM are well aware of this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/ma...t.html?_r=1&em

Judging from what Morey says about Battier and how much he values him, I would think it's going to take something very valuable to pry him away from Houston. A 35 year old Camby just isn't that valuable anymore.

A cheap team like the Clips isn't going to want to make TJ Ford the most expensive backup PG in the league. Sure, he'd be a "big help" behind Davis, but one of the cheapest owners in the league isn't going to pay a premium for that help.

Thanks for the article.

I always think of Shane as our Dun. Not only did they both go to Duke together but the kind of personalities they both have are similar. They both play similar too. Both really effective players for their clubs when healthy.

Pacers get:
    Shane Battier
    Chuck Hayes

Rockets get:
    Marcus Camby
    Mardy Collins

Clippers get:
    T.J. Ford
    Brent Barry
    Joey Dorsey

Getting Chuck Hayes would be a dream come true for me. He's the exact type of player we need on this team and is a really hard worker, which is a plus. His defense is amazing too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuvicmG_zgk

Now, about Dorsey, I don't think he is a throw in just yet. He is a very good prospect. He is very much like Ben Wallace, including the attitude. His defense is superb and he could be a very good backup if not a starter in the future if he could learn atleast a tiny bit on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    Getting Chuck Hayes would be a dream come true for me. He's the exact type of player we need on this team and is a really hard worker, which is a plus. His defense is amazing too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuvicmG_zgk

Now, about Dorsey, I don't think he is a throw in just yet. He is a very good prospect. He is very much like Ben Wallace, including the attitude. His defense is superb and he could be a very good backup if not a starter in the future if he could learn atleast a tiny bit on offense.
    I was surprised that he wasn't used when both Yao and Dikembe both went down with injuries.