Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Qatato sues Tinsley

Default Qatato sues Tinsley

http://slamonline.com/online/nba/200...-tinsley-sued/

Jamaal Tinsley: Sued

The Pacers’ equipment manager alleges that Jamaal abandoned him during the infamous shooting two years ago, and now he’s taking Tinsley to court: “Indiana Pacer Jamaal Tinsley’s rush for safety during a 2007 shooting left the team’s equipment manager a sitting duck in the back of Tinsley’s Rolls-Royce, a new lawsuit says. Trapped in the back seat, Joey Qatato suffered gunshots to both elbows as gunmen opened fire outside the Conrad hotel in Downtown Indianapolis. Qatato’s lawsuit against Tinsley and the car’s driver seeks to hold them responsible for his injuries.”
    ---------

Sports Logo

Default Re: Qatato sues Tinsley

Are you serious?

Why would you go back and remind people of Jamaal? He's been gone all year and things have been fine, now he's involved in more bad press without even doing anything. Just let the man eat his cheetos in peace. What's the point of this?

Can anyone name another incident where the team's **** equipment manager sues a player?

Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you serious?

Why would you go back and remind people of Jamaal? He's been gone all year and things have been fine, now he's involved in more bad press without even doing anything. Just let the man eat his cheetos in peace. What's the point of this?

Can anyone name another incident where the team's **** equipment manager sues a player?
    uhm, i'm sorry. i just thought this was somewhat relevant seeing as how he's still on our payroll.

but i mainly just found it hilarious.

Sports Logo

No it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the equipment manager.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks for the article!

ohhh. okay.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Completely frivolous.

Damn you, Jamaal, for taking cover while under gunfire!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What if the guy is disabled because of these injuries? What if Tinsley and the driver perpetuated the assailants into the pursuit and ultimately the shooting?

And yet because it gives the Pacers bad press we lump him with words like "frivolous" or "cheetos"

But if he is suing because they took cover only.....then never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post

Can anyone name another incident where the teams equip mgr gets ABANDONED to be shot at by a player?

didn't think so ..

So don't go tryin to put the equipmt mgr in a bad light , like he is wrong for suing that knucklehead for putting him and his life in danger to begin with ...

geeze

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Can anyone name another incident where the teams equip mgr gets ABANDONED to be shot at by a player?

didn't think so ..

So don't go tryin to put the equipmt mgr in a bad light , like he is wrong for suing that knucklehead for putting him and his life in danger to begin with ...

geeze

Chris Rock's thoughts on the matter:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=35866
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo

The equipment manager put himself in danger when he decided to go to clubs with Tinsley at late night/early morning hours. Even after an alleged altercation happened earlier in the club, he decided to get in the car with Tinsley. Then he's surprised when he's a target driving around in a Bentley at 4 am with Jamaal Tinsley and his associates?

Even then Jamaal isn't the one who shot at him. He himself was being shot at. What should Jamaal have done?

Please, there's no need to sue him. Give me a break. He probably won't even get anything out of it and all the casual fans see is more Jamaal Tinsley in the press. This time he's being sued by the teams own equipment manager. What a joke.

LOL theres no way this is going to court. The judge will throw this out
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

No, it will settle out of court.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    No, it will settle out of court.
    Thats what I mean...if they manage to settle before they go to court, Tinsley might pay him something small to shut up and leave him alone, but if this goes to court, theres no way the equipment manager is getting anything favoring him
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

didn't think so ..

geeze

...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This was on the radio yesterday. Today it was on the news. Of course, the headlines were, "Pacers Player Sued from Incident!"

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Thats what I mean...if they manage to settle before they go to court, Tinsley might pay him something small to shut up and leave him alone, but if this goes to court, theres no way the equipment manager is getting anything favoring him
    "No way" ???

Sure there's a way. There are many ways to win in court.

I'm a litigation graphics consultant with 10 years experience in civil trials big and small. One thing I'm certain of is that far stranger things have happened inside a court room.

But I also have a hunch that neither side really wants to actually see the inside of a courtroom.

In fact, I'm guessing that Tinsley was there with "private security" that was employed directly by Tinsley through some kind of corporate entity. And I'm willing to also bet that the plaintiff's primary argument will be that the hired "private security" did not follow well understood guidelines and regulations. UH OH - things are starting to actually sound official. Like how stairwells are required to have hand rails, etc.

Remember, the concepts of legal/illegal, responsible/irresponsible, right/wrong and moral/amoral are only loosely related.

It would throw a nice wrinkle in all of this if the equipment manager was out with Tinsley as a babysitter...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    "No way" ???

Sure there's a way. There are many ways to win in court.

I'm a litigation graphics consultant with 10 years experience in civil trials big and small. One thing I'm certain of is that far stranger things have happened inside a court room.

But I also have a hunch that neither side really wants to actually see the inside of a courtroom.

In fact, I'm guessing that Tinsley was there with "private security" that was employed directly by Tinsley through some kind of corporate entity. And I'm willing to also bet that the plaintiff's primary argument will be that the hired "private security" did not follow well understood guidelines and regulations. UH OH - things are starting to actually sound official. Like how stairwells are required to have hand rails, etc.

Remember, the concepts of legal/illegal, responsible/irresponsible, right/wrong and moral/amoral are only loosely related.
    On what grounds can the equipment manager commence proceedings against Tinslely? Did Tinsley have a duty of care to the equipment manager? NO! Did the equipment manager rely on Tinsley for protection? NO!

Theres no grounds this will go to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    there you go
    Thats suing Tinsley's security...who I agree can be sued..

But Tinsley HIMSELF cant be sued by the equipment manager

tinsley won the pacers more games than he lost them...

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    tinsley won the pacers more games than he lost them...
    That's not why he's being sued.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Mood

What this really is called is "hardball". The Pacers basically hired this guy, for say a nice round figure of $200,000, specifically to sue Tinsley for this incident. The Pacers want this to be an extremely frivelous lawsuit. This would cause Tinsley to need more cash to use in a settlement. Thus, giving the Pacers MORE leverage in a buyout situation, with the assumption that this guy is fairly broke and not looking to liquidate his collection of Bentleys.

The Pacers are looking down the barrel of arbitration with the guy and its looking more likely that they will have to buy him out in arbitration since there are no suitors willing to give anything up for a player going into arbitration. Maybe I am a conspiracy theorist whose ideas are way off, but maybe there's a chance I am on to something?

Mood

Wow. This thread...wow.

I have no clue what's going on in this thread. All I'll say is, nothing that includes Jamaal Tinsley in the news surprises me anymore.

When this happened my first thought was that Bird asked Joe to babysit Tinsley. Joe came on board, if I'm not mistaken with Bird when he became coach. Bird brought Joe with him to the Pacers as kinda his personal assistant. Bird brought him with him from his days in Boston. I could be wrong, but I've always thought that. Then when Bird left Joe stayed as an equipment manager.

My fear is Bird did ask Joe to keep an eye on Tinsley that night. Then I think there is a lawsuit that could be scary against Bird and the Pacers.

Disclaimer: this is complete speculation, but it is something I thought of almost immediately when this went down at the Conrad.