Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Links on possible Pacer move

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Links on possible Pacer move

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think they got much support in Vancouver. Of course, they aren't getting much support in Memphis either (but they did get a brand new arena, which enticed them to the city).
    I think St. Louis deserves a team more than Memphis does.
    Last edited by Trophy; 05-16-2009 at 03:34 PM.

I have another question.

How come the Seattle Storm didn't relocate to OKC with the Thunder or somewhere else and their still in Key Arena in Seattle?

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    I have another question.

How come the Seattle Storm didn't relocate to OKC with the Thunder or somewhere else and their still in Key Arena in Seattle?
    Different ownership.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

I think St. Louis deserves a team more than Memphis does.
    When the Grizzlies were looking for a place to land, it was said that the owner of the Blues and the controlling interest of the Scottrade Center didn't want to give up the number of premium dates that Heisley was demanding.

Therefor, they told M. Heisley to go fly a kite!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Kings have a better chance of moving than we do.
    While it is a distinct possibility the Kings might eventually be moved IF the arena proposal currently being explored with the help of the NBA doesn't come to fruition, rumors of our eminent demise are just that - rumors.

We still have an incredibly loyal fan base and the owners, Joe and Gavin Maloof, have just made some pretty significant budget cuts to make sure they do everything they can for the fans, especially in regards to ticket prices, fan appreciation, etc. They do NOT want to move the Kings and will end up doing so only if they have no other choice. We aren't at that point ... yet.

Our ticket prices are going down and there's a LOT of excitement in Kingsfansland about the upcoming draft and the youth on our team. We support our Kings.

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, as I truly believe Pacer fans will find a way to get this resolved, but comparing the situation to ours isn't quite accurate.

OT - Congrats to Danny Granger.

NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

I believe this situation is more like the Seattle situation.

The reason the Grizzlies failed in Vancouver wasn't for a lack of support, it was because team management was horrible and drove fans away in hordes in order to move the team to Memphis.

Also just like the Seattle situation.

Could you imagine if Seattle had Durant, Allan and Lewis? That team wins at least 55 games right?

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    The reason the Grizzlies failed in Vancouver wasn't for a lack of support, it was because team management was horrible and drove fans away in hordes in order to move the team to Memphis.
    Don't forget Bryant Reeves
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post

Also just like the Seattle situation.

Could you imagine if Seattle had Durant, Allan and Lewis? That team wins at least 55 games right?
    Thank you.

Support was never a problem with the Grizzlies until it was announced that they were moving. Horrible ownership, mistakes made by the league, and a weak Canadian dollar at the time are to blame for the Grizzlies demise.

There was an interesting session on Kravitz and Eddy on Friday, May 15th that touched on the topic of the Pacers potential move to Vancouver.

For those that didn't listen, Kravitz was railing on bloggers who host sites but refused to use their real names. It was a follow-up to his morning column in the Indy Star. He had one blogger on who, with his brother, has run a web site for several years, but hid behind a pseudo-name.

Kravitz's contention was that the blogger was a cowardly weanie (his word, not mine), who would never get credibility until he was willing to lay it on the line by revealing his identity. The bloggers contention was that he would not risk losing his present job by revealing his true identity, at least not until the web site would provide and income that could replace what he might lose if he were fired from his present position.

At any rate, one of the examples that Kravitz used was the currently rumor about a Pacer relocation floated by a 28-year-old idiot (again, Kravitz word, not mine) from Vancouver. Kravitz stated that he had investigated the rumor himself, and that he discovered that the 28-year-old was an ordinary guy who had absolutely no connectivity to the Vancouver hockey team owner and the Simons. Without connectivity, he has virtually no opportunity to converse with either party.

Kravitz conclusion is that the knucklehead (my word) picked up the rumor from a local Vancouver radio station who was discussing a lot of "what ifs" in a possible acquistion of an existing NBA franchise. Not just the Pacers, but ANY franchise. Since the Pacers happened to be mentioned by name as an example in the radio segment, our resident 28-year-old knucklehead either heard only a small portion of the segment or let his enthusiasm get the best of him and decided he would blog it.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Blogs and credibility, eh... Sounds like something I had a discussion about on this board in a past time.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74