Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

  1. #1

    Default K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Unbelievable that this did not see air time in all the media. Warning NSFW

    http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketb...ort_Worth.html
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to aceace For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    ohhhhh man!!
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  4. #3
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Did Mark Cuban know that she was KMart's mom when he said what he said? Or did he just think she was a Denver fan?

  5. #4
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    I know it's easy to just show this clip and think that Martin is in the wrong for whatever. BUT, Mark Cuban has absolutely no business saying anything to Kenyon Martin's mother. I think Martin's reaction is rather delicate considering Cuban's classless actions and his "flimsy" blog of an apology.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  6. #5
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Mark Cuban know that she was KMart's mom when he said what he said? Or did he just think she was a Denver fan?
    He mentioned to her, "Your son is a thug."

    No doubt that he knew!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  7. #6
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know it's easy to just show this clip and think that Martin is in the wrong for whatever. BUT, Mark Cuban has absolutely no business saying anything to Kenyon Martin's mother. I think Martin's reaction is rather delicate considering Cuban's classless actions and his "flimsy" blog of an apology.
    Agreed.

    I've never been a big KMART fan, but I'd be pretty ticked too if Cuban insulted me to my mother.

    Sometimes I love Cuban as an owner, at other times I'm embarrassed to think that he is an IU alumn.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.

  8. #7
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.

    I've never been a big KMART fan, but I'd be pretty ticked too if Cuban insulted me to my mother.

    Sometimes I love Cuban as an owner, at other times I'm embarrassed to think that he is an IU alma matter.
    For the most part, I like Mark Cuban and how he is as an owner, but this time.... I think he really crossed the line and screwed up. He needs to man up, and apologize instead of hiding behind his precious blog.

    As for Martin...Not a fan, but I can more then understand.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  9. #8
    Looking like a season JB24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    It's also worth mentioning that beer was thrown at Martin's mom during the game. That's what you get when your owner is such a terrific role model.

  10. #9

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Both of these men are stupid, but to me it's a case of which lowers himself to the other's level more. What Cuban did was remarkably stupid, yet not unsurprising given it's Mark Cuban and he's borderline insane. What K-Mart did was present himself in the exact image that Cuban described him as. He took the bait and brought himself down to that level for the whole world to see. That's the larger tragedy. K-Mart could have risen above this whole thing and just handled his business on the court, really poured his effort into his game. But he had to sink to that level.

  11. #10
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    What did Cuban say to Martin's mom?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  12. #11
    The Dude Abides MrSparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,371

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Your son is a thug.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

  13. #12
    Banned the regginator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.

    I've never been a big KMART fan, but I'd be pretty ticked too if Cuban insulted me to my mother.

    Sometimes I love Cuban as an owner, at other times I'm embarrassed to think that he is an IU alma matter.
    not trying to be rude..but since it sounds like you claim IU...and thats my school too...

    the term is spelled "alma mater"..but that refers to the school, not the graduate

    i believe you meant alumnus.


    and yeah...Cuban shouldn't have said anything, but what he said was true, and KMart's behavior after the fact only confirms it

  14. #13
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,610

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    I don't like Kmart, but Mark Cuban clearly crossed the line and does on a frequent basis. I wish there was some way the league could force his @ss to sell.

  15. #14
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by the regginator View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not trying to be rude..but since it sounds like you claim IU...and thats my school too...

    the term is spelled "alma mater"..but that refers to the school, not the graduate

    i believe you meant alumnus.


    and yeah...Cuban shouldn't have said anything, but what he said was true, and KMart's behavior after the fact only confirms it
    Its exact meaning is:
    university at which one has studied and, usually, from which one has graduated.

    So overall, I think youre correct
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  16. #15
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Cuban is a punk. And why would he be surprised what Josh Howard does. Cuban sets the example to his team. That is why they will never win with him as owner....that and Wade going to the FT line.

  17. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's also worth mentioning that beer was thrown at Martin's mom during the game. That's what you get when your owner is such a terrific role model.
    She should of charged into the stands and beat the hell out of someone.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. #17
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    There are a lot of players that would love to be in that Dallas locker room. He's a player's owner. Is he out of line sometimes? Yeah he is. That said, he is a dissenting voice in a line of party line NBA politics. There's been a lot of them in sports history and has usually brought changes that benefited the sport.

    Fact is - Kenyon Martin is a thug and he proved it with his reaction in earshot of hundreds of people. Classy guy.

    If Cuban had been able to buy the Cubs their 100 years without a World Series probably would have been over.

    Now . . . don't call me bad words.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  19. #18
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its exact meaning is:
    university at which one has studied and, usually, from which one has graduated.

    So overall, I think youre correct
    It's exact meaning is "Nourishing Mother".

  20. #19
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Cubs??? Really??? You think just because Cuban buys the team they win the WS? Wow. What different spending habits would he do? The Cubs already spend more money than anyone in their division. All for a 1st round exit.

  21. #20
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Meh...they're both tools, and I'm pretty sure my comments to Cuban would've been a lot more colorful if he'd accosted my mom.

  22. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    So the question is, do they not have the Code of Conduct PSA message at all arenas? I would hope as many games as Cuban goes to he might have seen that. I'm tired of Cuban as well. He's not Spike Lee, he is an owner and you just can NOT pull the stunts he does.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  23. #22
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the question is, do they not have the Code of Conduct PSA message at all arenas? I would hope as many games as Cuban goes to he might have seen that. I'm tired of Cuban as well. He's not Spike Lee, he is an owner and you just can NOT pull the stunts he does.
    They have the code of conduct, but it's just for show. It, or at least the letter of it, is not enforced. The behavior of neither the fans nor the players is materially different from what it was prior to the brawl.

  24. #23
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,518

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    K-Mart seems to be sort of a dolt...I mean who would get red lips tattoed on your neck like that, are you kidding me?

    But I would have gone after Cuban, too. As an outsider, he's entertaining, but if I were a Dallas fan, I would hate him, because I truly think Stern has a vendetta against him and does not want him to ever win a title. And really, that's his own fault for antagonizing Stern.

  25. #24
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's exact meaning is "Nourishing Mother".
    It has a 6 definitions, so you have to look at what contexts the word is being used.

    Sometimes I love Cuban as an owner, at other times I'm embarrassed to think that he is an IU alma matter.

    IU refers to a university, so you cant really use the "Nourishing Mother" as a definition in this context, you would rather want to use the "university at which one has studied and, usually, from which one has graduated" definition

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alma%20mater
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  26. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

    This old story/interview from ESPN pretty much sums things up with Cuban

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2506302

    Reports: Nowitzki says Cuban should back off refs. ESPN.com news service

    Dirk Nowitzki has all but acknowledged that Mark Cuban's antics are a distraction to the Dallas Mavericks, saying that the team's owner must "learn to control himself as well as the players do."

    Nowitzki

    In a stories posted Friday night on the Web sites of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and The Dallas Morning News, Nowitzki was quoted as saying, "We can't lose our temper all the time on the court or off the court, and I think he's got to learn that, too. He's got to improve in that area and not yell at the officials the whole game."

    The newspapers also reported that Nowitzki, Michael Finley and Steve Nash had asked Cuban in the past about watching games from a suite, rather than from his usual seat near the Mavericks' bench.

    "The game starts and he's already yelling at [the officials]," Nowitzki was quoted as saying. "He needs to learn how to control himself a little better. If somebody's in your ear constantly. ... I'd be [ticked] off if I were an official."

    Cuban was fined $250,000 for his outbursts about the officiating during Game 5 of the NBA Finals, and commissioner David Stern said he was tired of off-court antics drawing attention from the series.

    Cuban has been fined at least $1.65 million since buying the team in January 2000. The exact total of his punishment tab isn't known because the league doesn't always publicize action against team owners. Cuban has said he matches every dollar he is fined with a charitable donation.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Similar Threads

  1. Mark Cuban responds to Josh Howard situation
    By juadam09 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 05:04 PM
  3. The Official 2007-08 IU Basketball Thread
    By Shade in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 290
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 01:41 AM
  4. Indiana gets list of alleged violations related to phone calls
    By Will Galen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •