Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

Default K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

Unbelievable that this did not see air time in all the media. Warning NSFW

http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/basketb...ort_Worth.html
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aceace For This Useful Post:

Default Re: K-Mart Calls Cuban (some not very nice words)

ohhhhh man!!
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Did Mark Cuban know that she was KMart's mom when he said what he said? Or did he just think she was a Denver fan?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know it's easy to just show this clip and think that Martin is in the wrong for whatever. BUT, Mark Cuban has absolutely no business saying anything to Kenyon Martin's mother. I think Martin's reaction is rather delicate considering Cuban's classless actions and his "flimsy" blog of an apology.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Mark Cuban know that she was KMart's mom when he said what he said? Or did he just think she was a Denver fan?
    He mentioned to her, "Your son is a thug."

No doubt that he knew!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    I know it's easy to just show this clip and think that Martin is in the wrong for whatever. BUT, Mark Cuban has absolutely no business saying anything to Kenyon Martin's mother. I think Martin's reaction is rather delicate considering Cuban's classless actions and his "flimsy" blog of an apology.
    Agreed.

I've never been a big KMART fan, but I'd be pretty ticked too if Cuban insulted me to my mother.

Sometimes I love Cuban as an owner, at other times I'm embarrassed to think that he is an IU alumn.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 05-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Agreed.

I've never been a big KMART fan, but I'd be pretty ticked too if Cuban insulted me to my mother.

Sometimes I love Cuban as an owner, at other times I'm embarrassed to think that he is an IU alma matter.
    For the most part, I like Mark Cuban and how he is as an owner, but this time.... I think he really crossed the line and screwed up. He needs to man up, and apologize instead of hiding behind his precious blog.

As for Martin...Not a fan, but I can more then understand.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

It's also worth mentioning that beer was thrown at Martin's mom during the game. That's what you get when your owner is such a terrific role model.

Both of these men are stupid, but to me it's a case of which lowers himself to the other's level more. What Cuban did was remarkably stupid, yet not unsurprising given it's Mark Cuban and he's borderline insane. What K-Mart did was present himself in the exact image that Cuban described him as. He took the bait and brought himself down to that level for the whole world to see. That's the larger tragedy. K-Mart could have risen above this whole thing and just handled his business on the court, really poured his effort into his game. But he had to sink to that level.

What did Cuban say to Martin's mom?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Your son is a thug.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Agreed.

Sometimes I love Cuban as an owner, at other times I'm embarrassed to think that he is an IU alma matter.
    not trying to be rude..but since it sounds like you claim IU...and thats my school too...

the term is spelled "alma mater"..but that refers to the school, not the graduate

i believe you meant alumnus.

and yeah...Cuban shouldn't have said anything, but what he said was true, and KMart's behavior after the fact only confirms it

I don't like Kmart, but Mark Cuban clearly crossed the line and does on a frequent basis. I wish there was some way the league could force his @ss to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by the regginator View Post
    not trying to be rude..but since it sounds like you claim IU...and thats my school too...

the term is spelled "alma mater"..but that refers to the school, not the graduate

i believe you meant alumnus.

and yeah...Cuban shouldn't have said anything, but what he said was true, and KMart's behavior after the fact only confirms it
    Its exact meaning is:
    university at which one has studied and, usually, from which one has graduated.

So overall, I think youre correct

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Cuban is a punk. And why would he be surprised what Josh Howard does. Cuban sets the example to his team. That is why they will never win with him as owner....that and Wade going to the FT line.

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    It's also worth mentioning that beer was thrown at Martin's mom during the game. That's what you get when your owner is such a terrific role model.
    She should of charged into the stands and beat the hell out of someone.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

There are a lot of players that would love to be in that Dallas locker room. He's a player's owner. Is he out of line sometimes? Yeah he is. That said, he is a dissenting voice in a line of party line NBA politics. There's been a lot of them in sports history and has usually brought changes that benefited the sport.

Fact is - Kenyon Martin is a thug and he proved it with his reaction in earshot of hundreds of people. Classy guy.

If Cuban had been able to buy the Cubs their 100 years without a World Series probably would have been over.

Now . . . don't call me bad words.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Its exact meaning is:
    university at which one has studied and, usually, from which one has graduated.

So overall, I think youre correct
    It's exact meaning is "Nourishing Mother".

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Cubs??? Really??? You think just because Cuban buys the team they win the WS? Wow. What different spending habits would he do? The Cubs already spend more money than anyone in their division. All for a 1st round exit.

Meh...they're both tools, and I'm pretty sure my comments to Cuban would've been a lot more colorful if he'd accosted my mom.

So the question is, do they not have the Code of Conduct PSA message at all arenas? I would hope as many games as Cuban goes to he might have seen that. I'm tired of Cuban as well. He's not Spike Lee, he is an owner and you just can NOT pull the stunts he does.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    So the question is, do they not have the Code of Conduct PSA message at all arenas? I would hope as many games as Cuban goes to he might have seen that. I'm tired of Cuban as well. He's not Spike Lee, he is an owner and you just can NOT pull the stunts he does.
    They have the code of conduct, but it's just for show. It, or at least the letter of it, is not enforced. The behavior of neither the fans nor the players is materially different from what it was prior to the brawl.

K-Mart seems to be sort of a dolt...I mean who would get red lips tattoed on your neck like that, are you kidding me?

But I would have gone after Cuban, too. As an outsider, he's entertaining, but if I were a Dallas fan, I would hate him, because I truly think Stern has a vendetta against him and does not want him to ever win a title. And really, that's his own fault for antagonizing Stern.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    It's exact meaning is "Nourishing Mother".
    It has a 6 definitions, so you have to look at what contexts the word is being used.

IU refers to a university, so you cant really use the "Nourishing Mother" as a definition in this context, you would rather want to use the "university at which one has studied and, usually, from which one has graduated" definition

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alma%20mater

This old story/interview from ESPN pretty much sums things up with Cuban

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2506302

Reports: Nowitzki says Cuban should back off refs. ESPN.com news service

Dirk Nowitzki has all but acknowledged that Mark Cuban's antics are a distraction to the Dallas Mavericks, saying that the team's owner must "learn to control himself as well as the players do."

Nowitzki

In a stories posted Friday night on the Web sites of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and The Dallas Morning News, Nowitzki was quoted as saying, "We can't lose our temper all the time on the court or off the court, and I think he's got to learn that, too. He's got to improve in that area and not yell at the officials the whole game."

The newspapers also reported that Nowitzki, Michael Finley and Steve Nash had asked Cuban in the past about watching games from a suite, rather than from his usual seat near the Mavericks' bench.

"The game starts and he's already yelling at [the officials]," Nowitzki was quoted as saying. "He needs to learn how to control himself a little better. If somebody's in your ear constantly. ... I'd be [ticked] off if I were an official."

Cuban was fined $250,000 for his outbursts about the officiating during Game 5 of the NBA Finals, and commissioner David Stern said he was tired of off-court antics drawing attention from the series.

Cuban has been fined at least $1.65 million since buying the team in January 2000. The exact total of his punishment tab isn't known because the league doesn't always publicize action against team owners. Cuban has said he matches every dollar he is fined with a charitable donation.