Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Adam Morrison?

  1. #1
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Adam Morrison?

    Whats the deal with this guy? How come they never give him any playing mins? Hes really not that bad of a player. Im not saying hes starting material on a championship team, but he defiantely could provide mins off the beach.

    I wouldnt mind him as a Pacer, not as a starter, but coming off the bench as a SF. From what I remember, his defense isnt that great, but I think we should be able to trade him for Tinsley (so possibly work something out with another team)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  2. #2
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,037
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, and Luke Walton.


    For us Granger, Dunleavy, and Rush.


    All the above players are better than him.

  3. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,709

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Poor defense. That is why larry Brown didn't play him and likely why Phil Jackson isn't playing him

  4. #4
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, and Luke Walton.


    For us Granger, Dunleavy, and Rush.


    All the above players are better than him.
    Those guys are definately better than Morrison, im not contending that. I just think he'll be good as a bench player. Basically take Graham's role.

    But my main concern about Morrison would have to be his defense. But I think hes a guy that could help stretch the defense (if we do manage to get a good low post threat beside Hibbert)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  5. #5
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,037
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    If we can get rid of Tinsley for him, sure. But that is not going to work. What players do you expect to trade and get him?

  6. #6
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can get rid of Tinsley for him, sure. But that is not going to work. What players do you expect to trade and get him?
    well considering that Lakers dont play Morrison AT ALL, I dont think we need to give up much for him. I wouldnt trade any first rounders (for sure), possibly a second rounder as a throw in...I wouldnt be surprised if Lakers take Tinsley for him. They traded V-Rad for Morrison. I think V-Rad, Tins, and Morrison all have to same trade value
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  7. #7
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,037
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    They traded Vladamir to shed some salary. This year VR made 6 millions while Morrison made 4 million. I thought it was a deal to get under the luxury cap. So why would they trade a guy who they got for cap relief, for a guy who hurts their cap?

  8. #8
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can get rid of Tinsley for him, sure. But that is not going to work. What players do you expect to trade and get him?
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=46467

  9. #9
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol that was the exact same trade I was thnking about
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  10. #10
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Isn't Morrison oft-injured?

  11. #11
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Morrison oft-injured?
    Well he didnt have any injuries this season. In Oct 2008 he had Knee Tendinitis. I dont think theres anything of too much concern
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  12. #12

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just think he'll be good as a bench player. Basically take Graham's role.
    He hardly has any of the athleticism that Graham has.

    And how does a 37% shooter stretch a defense ??

  13. #13
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,792

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They traded Vladamir to shed some salary. This year VR made 6 millions while Morrison made 4 million. I thought it was a deal to get under the luxury cap. So why would they trade a guy who they got for cap relief, for a guy who hurts their cap?
    Not necessarily, Lakers also took on Shannon Brown's contract so there wasn't much cap relief for them. If the trade was V-Rad for Morrison straight up, I could see what you mean, but I dont think that trade would even work (financially)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  14. #14
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    I'd absolutely LOVE to somehow get Morrison cheap.... Love it I tell ya ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  15. #15

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Morrison is just another MJ draft pick mistake. Why do the Pacers want to take on Morrison's 12 mil contract for the next 2 years unless they can trade Tinsley for him? The contracts are each is 2 years with Tinsley having 2.5 mil in salary. The Lakers would get more out of Tinsley than they will out of Morrison for those 2 years.

    Graham can be gotten for a fraction of the cost of Morrison (so can a # of players), is more athletic, has 2 years in JO'B's system, and can provide more to the Pacers than Morrison. There is NO reason for Bird to trade for Morrison unless it's to dump Tinsley. Morrison's career and Ike's career are about the same.... going no where.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily, Lakers also took on Shannon Brown's contract so there wasn't much cap relief for them. If the trade was V-Rad for Morrison straight up, I could see what you mean, but I dont think that trade would even work (financially)
    They saved a mil or so over the contract, but also got rid of Radmanovic who burned his bridge over the lie about how he got injured.

  17. #17
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    I disagree.. I think Morrison's best years are ahead of him.. look, he didn't do to bad considering it was his rookie year... He had way too high expectations on his shoulders being a #2 draft pick .. then he got injured , was out over a year, and when he come back he hardly got much time then gets traded to L.A.
    ..

    I'd love for Bird to take him under his wing (no pun intended) and trade for him ..

    But I am biased.. I was one of his biggest college fans ..

    I'd like to give the guy a chance .. I think he could be at least a Dunleavy calibur player in the right situation..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  18. #18
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,620

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He hardly has any of the athleticism that Graham has.

    And how does a 37% shooter stretch a defense ??
    That was exactly what I was thinking. The Pacers need to get more athletic and better defensively. Morrison doesn't add anything to those two areas. He's just another one of Michael Jordan's horrible draft picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not necessarily, Lakers also took on Shannon Brown's contract so there wasn't much cap relief for them. If the trade was V-Rad for Morrison straight up, I could see what you mean, but I dont think that trade would even work (financially)
    Yeah, they took an extra 700k on top of Morrison's 4,159,200 salary and sent out 6,049,400 so they definitely did not just save a million and change in salary, and they definitely want to take back a 3 year 6,750,000 deal that grows bigger and puts them over more what they took originally, and still doesn't work out in 2010.

    Morrison's biggest value is that he is an expiring next year. At least Dunleavy had the numbers to back up his latent potential..Morrison just hasn't shown the same growth, and his percentages are terrible.
    Last edited by flox; 05-13-2009 at 11:17 AM.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    You can't possibly claim that you want to see the Pacers improve defensively and say that you want Morrison at the same time. Those two things don't mix.

    The guy is one of the 3 worst defensive players in the league, if not the worst.

  21. #21
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't possibly claim that you want to see the Pacers improve defensively and say that you want Morrison at the same time. Those two things don't mix.

    The guy is one of the 3 worst defensive players in the league, if not the worst.


    There is no place for Morrison on this roster. There is a damn good reason why the dude didn't get playing time under Larry Brown.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Chaz (NJ): Can Adam Morrison bounce back from a rough start in the league? What would it take?

    SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:20 PM ET ) He can, but he needs to get started asap.

    So at least one scout still believes in him..?

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Chaz (NJ): Can Adam Morrison bounce back from a rough start in the league? What would it take?

    SportsNation David Thorpe: (12:20 PM ET ) He can, but he needs to get started asap.

    So at least one scout still believes in him..?

  24. #24
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,359

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those guys are definately better than Morrison, im not contending that. I just think he'll be good as a bench player. Basically take Graham's role.

    But my main concern about Morrison would have to be his defense. But I think hes a guy that could help stretch the defense (if we do manage to get a good low post threat beside Hibbert)
    I would much rather draft TWill or Henderson and give him the minutes that Graham would get over the next 2 seasons so that we can groom him to be the future 6th man on this team ( after Dunleavy's contract expires ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. #25
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,885
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Adam Morrison?

    How can anybody say that he would be a BAD addition to this team. The man could be a HUGE contributor to our annual mustache growing contest. HOW, please tell me, is that NOT a contribution?

    From a basketball perspective, I think he would be a solid addition to this team. You get rid of Tinsley. That's all that needs to be said. He would bring a good attitude and the guy has ability. he just needs the confidence to play in this league. I think he has unfair expectations just like Kwame Brown. They are what they are. Morrison is slow. He is very savvy and can shoot the lights out. He needs to gain strength. What Morrison really needs is more time to get over his ACL surgery. It take 18 months. I think he will have a bit of a bounce back year next year if he does get traded or LA loses Ariza and Odom to FA. I think he is limited but he definitely has some skills that would contribute to most teams. I think that deal really helps us out. Morrison can actually be a practice player and would cost us what Tinsley costs us. We win at that point. The deal is a no brainer. But again I agree Morrison is limited, but I think he has some time in this league left to get better and prove he belongs on an NBA team.

Similar Threads

  1. Bird to address offseason plans
    By Speed in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
  2. Cats send Morrison to Lakers for Radmanovic [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 04:10 PM
  3. Bobcats pick up '09 options for Morrison, Dudley [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
  4. Adam Jones Reinstated
    By Jonathan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:09 PM
  5. Bobcats forward Morrison undergoes knee surgery [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •