Reading today's Insider on New Yawk, it said Isiah wants to get rid of Mutumbo and a high-priced guy like Hardaway. I have to admit it's dicey; a risk. But my line of thinking in this is we trade both of our bad contracts for bad contracts what should actually play more and fill more needs, and their contracts expire sooner than ours.

Indiana trades: C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Indiana receives: PG Frank Williams (3.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 23.0 minutes)
SG Anfernee Hardaway (9.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 27.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.3 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and +2.3 apg.

New York trades: PG Frank Williams (3.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 23.0 minutes)
SG Anfernee Hardaway (9.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.3 apg in 27.6 minutes)
New York receives: C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 61 games)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 79 games)
PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 apg in 77 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.3 ppg, +0.8 rpg, and -2.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

The sticky part is Al, but I needed him for salary and the fact that otherwise we're making off like bandits (Pollard and Cro for Deke and even a shell-Penny? Still a rip-off).

So Al it was, since he wants out anyway and I think he'd start in NY. (Assuming Isiah thinks he's better than Tim Thomas, which I'd like to think).

If you hate that, I tried another one I think is more fair.

We get Kurt Thomas to thicken the front line, but we lose Bender too.

Indiana trades: Bender, Croshere, Harrington, Pollard
New York trades: Hardaway, Mutumbo, K.Thomas, Williams.

So again, wacky, but I'd think it's in the realm of fairness because Isiah gets Al and JB to hope they become stars with, and we trade them + two bad contracts of players who either don't play or modestly play, for two that can if we need them to. The only problem I'd have is we don't get a young two guard.

But in the meantime:

Tinsley/Williams/Wright
Miller/Hardaway/Jones
Artest/Jones (Hardaway could also fill time here)
O'Neal/Thomas
Foster/Mutumbo

I don't think that's that bad. We get a nice frontcourt with Thomas and Mutumbo backing up who we have, we have Hardaway as a bench scorer from the 2 spot, or he can play 3 and Fred can play 2.

I'm not totally sure. If it's not quite good, I think I was in the ball park with this one. But then that's why I decided to put the "Wacky trade idea" label on it. Just had the time and thought I could put 2 and 2 together after reading the Knick article.

Fire away.