Thread: Worrisome comments by Peyton!

Default Worrisome comments by Peyton!

The on-going uncertainty surrounding the Indianapolis Colts offensive coaching staff, coupled with a lack of communication regarding that uncertainty, isn't setting well with quarterback Peyton Manning.
    "I can't tell you what's going on,'' Manning said during a break for one of the team's organized team activity sessions today at its Westside complex. "I will say I don't think it's been the most properly communicated scenario around here.''
    Tom Moore, coordinator since 1998, and Howard Mudd, the offensive line coach since '98, each retired earlier this month because of concerns with the NFL's pension plan. Owner Jim Irsay plans to bring them back as consultants, ideally for the start of training camp on Aug. 2.
    Colts season primer:
    Click here to see all key dates heading into the 2009 season, plus the full roster with contract and salary-cap information.
    Not knowing the details during the process irritated Manning, who faced losing his two most trusted coaches.
    "It's not a situation that I'm just thrilled about,'' he said. "I think the communication has been pretty poor in my opinion. Somebody says one thing, then somebody else says another thing.
    "I'm not sure everybody's on the same page in this building. I'm just trying to focus on playing quarterback well.''
    Assistant head coach and receivers coach Clyde Christensen is overseeing the offense following Moore's departure while Pete Metzelaars, Mudd's assistant, has taken over full-time position duties. The team also hired interns Frank Winters and Ron Johnson to help with the offensive line and receivers, respectively.
    "It's not normal not having a full coaching staff,'' Manning said. "I know we hired a couple of guys to come in, but these guys are learning. They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that.''

Last edited by Gamble1; 05-26-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Worrisome comments by Peyton!

I'm locking this thread since (a) someone else beat you to it by a minute, and (2) I can't seem to get rid of the annoying embedded ads in this one.