Thread: Pacquiao vs Hatton

Default Pacquiao vs Hatton

Hatton got KTFO!!

That was a left hand for the ages. I've seen some brutal KOs before, and I've seen ones that were probably as good as that one that Manny laid on Ricky.... but what a shot that was.

Basically Hatton never had a chance in this one. He fights like a neighborhood bully... just not a true boxer. He's got some speed in his fists but not even close to what Mannys got. When you look at Pacman, he's not only blazing fast but has true natural power. Just being quicker will when you a lot of fights but combine speed and raw power and you become what Manny is now.... elite.

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Hatton

I hope the undercard had some great fights because I feel sorry for the viewer's that shelled out $55 to watch that fight on HD PPV.

I actually haven't seen it yet but hope to catch the replay Saturday.

I'd say Hatton is about done. Guys like that who are strong and one dimensional and keep coming forward don't do well after they've been stopped.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope the undercard had some great fights because I feel sorry for the viewer's that shelled out $55 to watch that fight on HD PPV.
    Once my old man was hosting a party with his friends for the Tyson/Spinks fight. He got the PPV and ordered some pizza. The doorbell rang right when the fight started. My dad went to get the pizza and pay the kid and the fight was over before my dad got back from the front door. He was....ahem....very angry.

I saw Tyson/Spinks in a closed circuit arena and there was a fistfight in the audience that went longer than the main event.

Heres a link to a download of the fight. It's still working as far as I know.

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/q1gb4k05z

edit.... no that links no good. There were a couple good websites to see the fight but they have all been taken down. ehhh.... I've watched the fight about 50 times now anyway.
    Last edited by FireTheCoach; 05-06-2009 at 12:05 AM.

I paid the money to watch it... and it doesn't bother me that it ended quick. I'd much rather spend $50 on a PPV fight and see a devastating 2nd rd KO than 12 rounds of jabbing and holding.

Mayweather would still beat Pacquiao right now. The speed is about equal, both have KO power.... the difference to me is in the defense. Floyds about as good defensively as you'll ever see in the ring.... it's his biggest advantage in a fight with Manny. I could see that fight being a 12 round decision going to Mayweather OR a late round Mayweather win by KO.

If Manny were to beat Floyd I'd have to say that Roach is one of the best trainers of all time.

Sports Logo

It looked like Hatton was dead before he even hit the ground.

Right from the first round you could tell Hatton had no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FireTheCoach View Post
    Mayweather would still beat Pacquiao right now. The speed is about equal, both have KO power.... the difference to me is in the defense. Floyds about as good defensively as you'll ever see in the ring.... it's his biggest advantage in a fight with Manny. I could see that fight being a 12 round decision going to Mayweather OR a late round Mayweather win by KO.

If Manny were to beat Floyd I'd have to say that Roach is one of the best trainers of all time.
    I think Pacquiao would kick the ever living hell out of Pretty Boy. He has a lot more power. That fight would be the most watched PPV in the history of boxing.

That fight would be the most watched PPV in the history of boxing.

Hardly.

There's only about 3 of us left paying any attention.

I think Pacquiao would kick the ever living hell out of Pretty Boy. He has a lot more power. That fight would be the most watched PPV in the history of boxing.
    Well.... he might beat the crap out of PBF.... IF he could actually hit him. Floyd wouldn't stand toe to toe and throw bombs the way Hatton did. He's the master at "hit and dont get hit"

If the fight does happen I'll predict a Mayweather win by way of 12 round decision. Floyd would probably play the role of counter puncher and wait for Manny to make a mistake. I really think the difference in that fight would be that Manny has shown that he can be hit and Floyd is the best I've ever seen at avoiding shots.

Regardless of who would win... just thinking about that fight makes me salivate. I sure would love to see somebody knock PBF out, or at least beat him up real good and put an L on his resume.