Default Pacers & Portland Another Draft Day Deal

Pacers Send
    Tinsley
    First Round #13 & Second Round #52
    Second Round
    Portland Sends Martell Webster
    First Round #25 & Second Round #38

Why
    Portland has a lot of youth Aldridge, Batum, Bayless, Fernidez, Roy, Rodigruez, Oden, & Outlaw. They also have 3 Second Round Picks why not move up in the draft and get another lottery pick.

Pacers We get rid of Tinsley and and acquire two mid level picks for a single lottery pick. Add to depth of this organization.

Default Re: Pacers & Portland Another Draft Day Deal

Why would Portland want Tinsley?
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Portland want Tinsley?
    Portland is moving up to the lottery and getting an NBA starting quality PG in Tinsley for two mid level picks and Webster. It makes sense to me

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This deal makes sense. They are short on PG depth. Rudy doesn't get as many minutes as they thought. Blake has hit his ceiling and they want an upgrade. I don't know about tinsley being what they want, but I could see them trading away one of their plethora of young wings for a PG upgrade. However, they will get rid of Outlaw LONG before they get rid of Webster.

I don't see this trade being all that far-fetched, but I think realistically, we would see a third team who is in need of a PG or salary relief being involved for some level of a three way trade.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    They are short on PG depth. Rudy doesn't get as many minutes as they thought. Blake has hit his ceiling and they want an upgrade. I don't know about tinsley being what they want, but I could see them trading away one of their plethora of young wings for a PG upgrade. However, they will get rid of Outlaw LONG before they get rid of Webster.

I don't see this trade being all that far-fetched, but I think realistically, we would see a third team who is in need of a PG or salary relief being involved for some level of a three way trade.
    Portland is not short on PG depth. Sergio Rodriguez and Jerryd Bayless are far better than the 2nd and 3rd string PG's on 75% of NBA rosters. They are short on top-level PG talent, but if Tinsley was top-level PG talent, he wouldn't be on our roster right now. Not to mention that he's the exact wrong type of PG for their roster. The last thing they need is a guy who's going to take the ball out of Roy's hands for multiple possessions who also can't shoot and doesn't play defense.

It sounds like Portland is looking to move Rodriguez, Frye, and maybe Outlaw. However, I don't think there's any chance they're interested in Tinsley, especially not after all the work they've done to shed the Jailblazers image.

They've got some money, and I really wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sign Andre Miller. He'd be an excellent PG fit for them.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Portland is not short on PG depth. Sergio Rodriguez and Jerryd Bayless are far better than the 2nd and 3rd string PG's on 75% of NBA rosters. They are short on top-level PG talent, but if Tinsley was top-level PG talent, he wouldn't be on our roster right now. Not to mention that he's the exact wrong type of PG for their roster. The last thing they need is a guy who's going to take the ball out of Roy's hands for multiple possessions who also can't shoot and doesn't play defense.

It sounds like Portland is looking to move Rodriguez, Frye, and maybe Outlaw. However, I don't think there's any chance they're interested in Tinsley, especially not after all the work they've done to shed the Jailblazers image.

They've got some money, and I really wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sign Andre Miller. He'd be an excellent PG fit for them.

I also look for them to be interested in Ramon Sessions, and they have the cap to get him.

Martel Webster has too long of a contract for Bird to be interested unless it involved Tinjury.

The 13th pick in the lottery is why Portland does this deal not Tinsley. Portland also shed's the longer contract of Webster who is coming off a season ending kneee injury.

Keep in mind Portland messed up on Darius Miles last season.

I wish

I dont like this deal. I dont want to move our pick just to move Tinsley
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Melli.... thanks for the correction. I think by the rest of my statement you obviously understood my point, but they are NOT short on depth. They are looking for top PG talent.

I love whoever mentioned Portland as a destination for Andre Miller. That just makes sense to me. I think he would play well off of B. Roy.

The thing that gets me in this deal though is that we move from 13 all the way down to 25. That is a HUGE jump down the draft board for a team needing better talent. Plus, Tinlsey is not suited for their needs. But I like the overall sentiment of the deal and again I could see a third team being the missing puzzle in this deal. Maybe a sign and trade with Andre Miller, Jason Kidd, or Mike Bibby. All real possibilities. Maybe the Clippers with Baron Davis, but Bdiddy needs the ball in his hands more than those other PG's. Bdiddy would bring an ability to score at will that those other PG's don't as well, which could take the load off of Roy.