Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants Daniels?

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Who wants Daniels?

Who would want Marquis as a player (i.e., a SG who can create his own shot, play very good defense, may help a team come playoffs, but can't shoot the 3Pter)?

Who would want an expiring $7.4 mil?

I could imagine a scenario come draft day where Pacers agree with a team to pick up his option and trade him to team X (after the mandatory period). Could a scenario involving Houston and McGrady be an option?

Default Re: Who wants Daniels?

I would be worried that McGrady is done...

If we can't pick up his option because of the money, it makes no sense to pick up his option and trade him and then pay someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would want Marquis as a player (i.e., a SG who can create his own shot, play very good defense, may help a team come playoffs, but can't shoot the 3Pter)?

I could imagine a scenario come draft day where Pacers agree with a team to pick up his option and trade him to team X (after the mandatory period). Could a scenario involving Houston and McGrady be an option?
    One time I was lingering around at one of Houston's forums (clutchfans) out of boredom of course, and I came across a thread talking about TMac and who he can be traded for. I was wondering if the Pacers were brought up anywhere, so I clicked it. It felt like many of them wanted to trade TMac, but they just don't think anyone will take him, being banged up and all. One of them actually said they had no chance because Isaiah Thomas doesn't coach the Knicks anymore...
    Personally, I don't really want TMac. With his injuries, I don't believe he'll be half as good as before, plus we have a better SF in Danny. How does Magic or Bucks sound? I haven't really thought about it, they just kind of popped into my head. Both have inside players, both have shooters, but no true slashers.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can you combine Daniels with longer contracts like Murph and Tins and get back a TMac? You take on more salary than Daniels' contract but less than you get back and get salary flexibility by giving up talent.
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 05-05-2009 at 10:42 PM.

not me

Can you combine Daniels with longer contracts like Murph and Tins and get back a TMac? You take on more salary than Daniels' contract but less than you get back and get salary flexibility by giving up talent.
    Pretty interesting thought, really. McGrady is an expiring contract next year, and Landry could be just what the doctor ordered, both in terms of fit with the team and in terms of hometown appeal.

Interestingly, Murphy might do very well next to Yao. Daniels is an expiring. It's an interesting start, but we'd need more salary to make it work... TMac+Landry is 25 mil... Trophy (11mil) and Quis (7mil) is 18mil, so you're still 7mil short.

TJ, Tinsley, and Foster would all work, salary-wise. TJ's probably the most valuable, followed by Foster, followed by Tinsley.

So... TJ+Daniels+Murphy for TMac+Landry? Pacers would definitely do it, but I'd think Houston could do better. And swapping Foster or Tinsley for TJ just makes the deal less even.

So basically, no. Unless the Pacers get the #3 pick or are able to parlay Tinsley into something more tradable, there's no deal with Houston.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Pretty interesting thought, really. McGrady is an expiring contract next year, and Landry could be just what the doctor ordered, both in terms of fit with the team and in terms of hometown appeal.

Interestingly, Murphy might do very well next to Yao. Daniels is an expiring. It's an interesting start, but we'd need more salary to make it work... TMac+Landry is 25 mil... Trophy (11mil) and Quis (7mil) is 18mil, so you're still 7mil short.

TJ, Tinsley, and Foster would all work, salary-wise. TJ's probably the most valuable, followed by Foster, followed by Tinsley.

So... TJ+Daniels+Murphy for TMac+Landry? Pacers would definitely do it, but I'd think Houston could do better. And swapping Foster or Tinsley for TJ just makes the deal less even.

So basically, no. Unless the Pacers get the #3 pick or are able to parlay Tinsley into something more tradable, there's no deal with Houston.
    Theres no way Rockets give us TMac + Landry for Murpy + Quis, even if the salaries worked out. Murphy and Quis for TMac might work, but theyre not going to throw Landry into that.

What if we did a Tinsley + Murphy + Quis + Foster for TMac and Landry?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

We'd be giving up two of our big man though. Although we do get a PF in return, if Hibbert's foul problems aren't solved in the next season, we'll be really short up front, even if we draft a C/PF. I personally don't want to see Maceo Baston coming off the bench for Hibbert.

While considering this, you should factor giving up Jack into your calculations. If we pick up Daniels' option, we will not be able to re-sign Jack.

Banned

Theres no way Rockets give us TMac + Landry for Murpy + Quis, even if the salaries worked out. Murphy and Quis for TMac might work, but theyre not going to throw Landry into that.

nobody even know if Tmac is playing next year, he had a surgery that it takes at least one year to recover, if Dunleavy is missing almost the whole season next year, I expect Tmac to be out for at least a year.

The thought of trading for McGrady has crossed my mind. A deal involing Tinsley, Daniels, and Foster for McGrady, Chuck Hayes, and draft pick.

The deal would be a salary dump for the Pacers. McGrady is expiring after next season, I think.

The problem with that trade is it makes no sense for the Pacers on the court and they pretty much forget trying to win because as someone else said it probably means the Pacers lose Jarrett Jack.

I am sure the Rockets would go for something like that. Adding some depth in exchange for TMac would really help them out. I just can't see the Pacers doing anything like that right now.

The Pacers could try and land Tyson Chandler. I believe there were rumors of the Pacers trying to get Chanlder at the trade deadline and he might be available this summer. Marquis + Foster for Chanlder + pick maybe? Just a thought.

There are probably a lot of teams that would have interest in him if he became a free agent. As a trade target though I see very few teams that have real shots at getting Marquis. The Pacers best move might be just to not pick up his option. I am not for sure when that deadline is could have went by for all I know.

Sports Logo

No, it wouldn't be an option since it wouldn't work without sending more players to Houston....even doing so...unless we sent back 2 Long-term contracts.....it wouldn't work....financially both for the Pacers and Rockets.

Teams would only be interested in acquiring an Expiring Contract like Marquis ONLY if we took back a Long-term contract. But given our SalaryCap/Financial situation, I don't think that we can take on additional $$$ anyway.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    We'd be giving up two of our big man though. Although we do get a PF in return, if Hibbert's foul problems aren't solved in the next season, we'll be really short up front, even if we draft a C/PF. I personally don't want to see Maceo Baston coming off the bench for Hibbert.
    Bird said that hes planning on signing a veteran big man this offseason. That could leave Hibbert, Landry, McRoberts + vetern PF.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

What kind of veteran PFs are going to be able to be signed?

Sports Logo

Bird said that hes planning on signing a veteran big man this offseason. That could leave Hibbert, Landry, McRoberts + vetern PF.
    I don't recall him saying that specifically.

Are you inferring this from his News Conference?

or

Did he specifically say this?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I don't recall him saying that specifically.

Are you inferring this from his News Conference?

or

Did he specifically say this?
    In his offseason plans news conference. Didnt Bird say that he was looking to add a vetern big man this offseason?

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He said that was an area we needed to look at, and that looking for a vet, or some other avenue than the draft, could be the way to go....using the relatively slim draft pickings as a rationale, as i recall.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

When T-Mac wanted out of Orlando he had a chance to come to the Pacers & he wanted nothing to do with Indiana.

We had a good team then too.

Do you really think with the clock ticking on his career that he would consider coming here now?

If McGrady is delt it will be to a contender.

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

would a second rounder aquired from Dallas work?
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    When T-Mac wanted out of Orlando he had a chance to come to the Pacers & he wanted nothing to do with Indiana.

Do you really think with the clock ticking on his career that he would consider coming here now?

I don't want T-Mac... period. At his stage of life and injury, who is T-Mac to say where or where not he is being traded? He's an injured has been who is taking up 22 mil of a team's overall salary.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 05-06-2009 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post

Good point. Heres a thread from back in the days that states just that http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...hp/t-4234.html

Good point. Heres a thread from back in the days that states just that http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...hp/t-4234.html
    Actually in reading that old thread it was funny to see Will Galen & myself arguing over Bird & Walsh. What's even more funny is that I was 100% correct.

The problem here is that while the Rockets might want 'Quis, I really don't see them having any interest in Ford or Murphy.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any possible way we can do a s&t Daniels for another player?