Thread: Pacers/Magic Deal

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers/Magic Deal

Along with the Rockets deal, here's a second idea I just wanted to put in here.

Pacers get:
    PF Tony Battie
    C Adonal Foyle

Magic get:
    Jamaal Tinsley

I see it happening IF Orlando is looking to move Alston this offseason with the return of Nelson. Tinsley would be a backup to him when he returns. They really are limited to PGs so they're the team I would expect to have some interest in aquiring him.

Battie is a decent defender and would be an alright backup at PF for us and Foyle is just an add on for the deal.

Default Re: Pacers/Magic Deal

the majic don`t need another point guard.

They Magic ALREADY chose Alston over Tinsley at the trade deadline. If Tinsley to the Magic was going to happen, it was right there, but it didn't and you can pretty much scratch them off the list.

In fact, they chose Alston over Tinsley even though they had to give up a 1st round pick (which they wouldn't have had to give if they wanted Tinsley).

So they already gave up the 1st round pick for Alston, the guy they chose over Tinsley. It's unlikely they'd get rid of that guy to go after Tinsley, who they could have had without giving up any pick at all to begin with.

Are they looking to resign Johnson?

They already have Nelson Alston. Johnson has a player option of $2,062,800 and I think hes going to exercise that option. Hes really old now and with all the PGs in this seasons draft I think a team would rather draft a backup PG than have Johnson signed to a new contract.

Also, Magic arent going to have Tinsley making about $7 million as their 3rd string PG

Bottom line, this deal isnt happening. If anything, I can see Murphy going to the Magic. The way the Magic's offense is, they like to have Dwight in the middle and all 3 point shooters around him. The downfall with this is that they dont have a real PF (Lewis isnt one) to put beside Dwight. Murphy would fit nice in their offense.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

This is the trade that was "susposed" to happen minus Graham/Baston and JJ Reddick. I have zero problem with Larry offering this trade. I believe the Magic made the wrong the decision @ the deadline. A late first round pick in this year's draft is just as decent as a late lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottom line, this deal isnt happening. If anything, I can see Murphy going to the Magic. The way the Magic's offense is, they like to have Dwight in the middle and all 3 point shooters around him. The downfall with this is that they dont have a real PF (Lewis isnt one) to put beside Dwight. Murphy would fit nice in their offense.
    Murphy is just a bit too expensive, considering what the Magic already have, and they get by just fine w/o a real PF, because Howard is so dominant.

The only thing Murphy does better than Lewis is rebound the ball. That's about it. Lewis overall is just a better player with more offensive flexibility. He can post up on smaller players. Murphy can't. He's better at taking guys off the dribble. He can play 2 man games with the guards better. He's more mobile. Outside of rebounding, Lewis pretty much does everything at PF that Murphy does, and does most of them better.

Murphy would be a nice fit on the Magic, but not at his current price. They wouldn't trade you expiring contracts for Murphy because they simply can't afford his final year salary. It would push them well into luxury tax territory.

I could see the Magic going after Murphy with their MLE once he's a FA.

He would fit in well there. We'll see what he'll do for us. Maybe he'll improve his defense some how and his PPG will increase. Again I would hate to see him go but we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    He would fit in well there. We'll see what he'll do for us. Maybe he'll improve his defense some how and his PPG will increase. Again I would hate to see him go but we'll just have to wait and see.
    I would just like to seem him have some post moves
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I would just like to seem him have some post moves
    All the post moves in the world don't do you any good when you don't have the lower body strength to post up on TJ Ford.