I know there have been similar ideas posted about trades with Minnesota, but I think this is the most realistic and favorable for us.

Minnesota gets:

TJ Ford 2 yr, 16.50M
#13 Overall

Indiana gets:

Brian Cardinal 1 yr, 6.75M
#18 Overall
#28 Overall

Timberwolves: They get a huge upgrade at PG and only lose a bench player. They move up in the draft. Minnesota has five picks this year and only have 4 roster spots to fill. I would think that Minny will be making a deal around draft day. They also then have the ability to package the #13 and #5/6 pick to move up if they can work something out (possibly with Washington).

Pacers: This deal would improve our team tremendously. We cut about 8M in salary. It would allow us to have more flexibility in signing Jack. It would fill an extra roster spot with young talent. It gives us another expiring contract for next year. It is important for us to lose one of our big salaries for the 2010-2011 season in which we will have little wiggle room in dealing with the Luxury Tax if we do nothing. This trade alleviates that concern as well. It allows us to fill our team with young depth. I really like this deal. I like TJ, but there needs to be a casualty on our roster and unfortunately it doesn't look to be Tinsley.