Thread: Indy - Minn

Default Indy - Minn

TJ Ford
    Jeff Foster

for

Mike Miller
    Brian Cardinal
    18th pick (From Miami to Minn - Ricky Davis trade).

Why for Indy??

We get two nice expiring contracts in Miller and Caridnal which will free up 16 million in cap for the summer of 2010. We would have enough to sign a damn good FA. Miller could also be serviceable on the wing while Dun is out - he could thrive in JOB's system. We could go big (Monroe) with our own pick and get a PG at 18 (Teague, Curry, Lawson). This would also give Jack the starting nod, which I think he deserves.

Why for Minn?

It's no secret they need a PG so Foye can play the 2. Foster would be a great addition to a young front court of Love and Jefferson. Minn has three first round picks - considering how young they already are, I would imagine at least one could be had via trade. Even with this trade, they would still have plenty of cap in 2010. It's not like Lebron, Wade, or Bosh are going to sign there anyways. They need veterans.

Jack/Teague
    Rush/Miller
    Granger/Dun
    Murph/Monroe
    Hibbert/???

Good young core and our cap would be in phenomenal shape with Miller and Cardinal off in 2010 and Murph, Dun, and Tins off the following year.

Default Re: Indy - Minn

not a bad trade idea. I like what you've done! It'll help us a lot for the 2010 bid.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sorry, but I don't foresee any of the 2010 free agents wanting to sign with us, for the same reason they wouldn't want to sign with Minnesota. I like the idea of getting additional picks, though. However, I'm not sure this is the draft to do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've always like Cardinal and I think this is a decent trade.

It will be very interesting to see how the lottery balls pan out. If Minn does land a top 3 What do they do?

Ainge & Mc hale made a trade. Why not Ainge & Bird.

I will keep Foster over Cardinal any day. Now trading T.J. Ford for a first round pick would be good as long as we get Jack back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BBALL56HACKER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will keep Foster over Cardinal any day. Now trading T.J. Ford for a first round pick would be good as long as we get Jack back next year.

You can't trade Ford for a 1st round pick. He makes 8 mil in salary and the Pacers have to take back 8 mil in salary if they trade him. Picks have no salary.

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    TJ Ford
    Jeff Foster

for

Mike Miller
    Brian Cardinal
    18th pick (From Miami to Minn - Ricky Davis trade).

Why for Indy??

We get two nice expiring contracts in Miller and Caridnal which will free up 16 million in cap for the summer of 2010. We would have enough to sign a damn good FA. Miller could also be serviceable on the wing while Dun is out - he could thrive in JOB's system. We could go big (Monroe) with our own pick and get a PG at 18 (Teague, Curry, Lawson). This would also give Jack the starting nod, which I think he deserves.

Why for Minn?

It's no secret they need a PG so Foye can play the 2. Foster would be a great addition to a young front court of Love and Jefferson. Minn has three first round picks - considering how young they already are, I would imagine at least one could be had via trade. Even with this trade, they would still have plenty of cap in 2010. It's not like Lebron, Wade, or Bosh are going to sign there anyways. They need veterans.

Jack/Teague
    Rush/Miller
    Granger/Dun
    Murph/Monroe
    Hibbert/???

Good young core and our cap would be in phenomenal shape with Miller and Cardinal off in 2010 and Murph, Dun, and Tins off the following year.

I like this trade, but it's one that just won't ever happen. Miller would fit in well with JO'B's system, plus he takes the place of the loss of Daniels on the wing. Graham wouldn't be necessary either.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do this in a big way!
    I am a M.Miller fan, & think he would be a perfect 6th man to fill in @ SG/SF. The fact that Miller, Cardnial, & Diener would all be expiring not only give us cap, but assets to offer come the last trade deadline before the league goes nuts in '10. My bet is a buyer at the deadline will get a great deal (players & future picks!)
    Nice work!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

you have minn giving up expirings for long term contracts and give up the 18th pick for a player that fits their system worse than telfair does..?

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    you have minn giving up expirings for long term contracts and give up the 18th pick for a player that fits their system worse than telfair does..?

2year deals are not long term (plus T.J.`s is player option).

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    I don't think Minnesota has a system right now.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie