Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KStat might need to be on suicide watch....

Default Re: KStat might need to be on suicide watch....

RWB, long time no see, I still have the Towel, Framed and in my Room...

Agreed there, I totally agree, been having a bad week, bleh some times...

The Older fans would no doubt have a hate from back in the 80's and early 90's, I to have a dislike for the thuggery back then when I see the clips and read reports.., but in the last ten years the Pistons Have well handed us a genuine beatdown, even the Block on Reggie's Layup that still causes me as much as pain as the 4 Point LJ Play, the post was more directed to the younger members who bash the Pistons for the Sake of it and well to incite Kstat..

Kudo's are due to a GM and a Team well that over the last ten years has been better then us and well we all know the " cup " incident but in my world thats History and I just want to Win again allready Mr Bird did you hear me....

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm actually having a pretty good time. I expected this would be the outcome, and I also expect to be fleecing at least two of the many teams (phoenix, Washington, Utah, New Orleans, etc.) that will be in cost-cutting mode.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    RWB, long time no see, I still have the Towel, Framed and in my Room...
    Yeah I was so gald to see your post my friend. Cool on the towel I hope it finally lost it's funk.

So that people don't think I went off the deep end here is what I and GO are talking about. I sent our buddy a playoff towell from around 91/92 the Mrs. got Reggie Miller to autograph. Mrs. RWB and I use to collect a lot of things and we had stuff in storage for several years. This particular towell still had a nasty funk from being sealed up all those years and the Reggie signature wasn't a thing of beauty but hey it matched Reggie's teeth nice and crooked.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

MagicRat wins
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Ah, the Kstat-O-Meter

Hehehe
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm actually having a pretty good time. I expected this would be the outcome, and I also expect to be fleecing at least two of the many teams (phoenix, Washington, Utah, New Orleans, etc.) that will be in cost-cutting mode.
    Dumars got lucky when he got Sheed. Because Sheed fit into that teams starting 5 perfectly. Thus they got a title.

However, I don't see any titles in Detroit's foreseeable future even if they fleece someone. Why? Because to win a title you need someone that can score in the last minute of play consistently.

That takes a Kobe, Wade, Parker, LeBron, etc. I don't think he can fleece a team out of that type player.

Actually Billups was close. Sometimes he was pretty good at closing, but he wasn't consistent and got traded.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I'm putting the over/under at 22 posts. I'll take the under. Anyone gonna take that action?
    over

no more than 56

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Dumars got lucky when he got Sheed. Because Sheed fit into that teams starting 5 perfectly. Thus they got a title.

However, I don't see any titles in Detroit's foreseeable future even if they fleece someone. Why? Because to win a title you need someone that can score in the last minute of play consistently.

That takes a Kobe, Wade, Parker, LeBron, etc. I don't think he can fleece a team out of that type player.

Actually Billups was close. Sometimes he was pretty good at closing, but he wasn't consistent and got traded.
    Dumars got lucky, but he also put himself in a position to be lucky. He traded his 2001 lottery pick right after his rookie year for a future 1st rounder, then flipped that pick for Rasheed. He saw that Rodney White simply didn't have the look of an NBA player, so he traded him while he still had some value.Plenty of fans on message boards of most teams would have said "He's young, him time." But Dumars didn't sit around for something that didn't happen.

If Dumars didn't do that "small" trade of unloading White, he wouldn't have a championship. He got lucky, but he also helped make his own luck.

You're saying Detroit probably won't win another title anytime soon because they don't have a Top 5 player? That's probably true, but they can still build a very good, competitive team........the very type of team many fans on this board want the Pacers to build, and the type of team the Pacers built in the late 90s that everyone here speaks so highly of.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post

If Stuckey can develop his jumper I think he can be that type of go-to guy.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I read most of this. Here's my take, the AI move was for cap room only, so the outcome of what that bears is yet to be seen, so the trade analysis is incomplete until we see what happens from here.

AI was acquired for any other reason than to free space imo, just like the Marion trade for Toronto.

I would almost go as far to say that AI will be out of the league next year. He won't get offered big money, his image is that of a guy who isn't a team guy, but at the very least if you don't agree with that, he doesn't make people around him better, I think is fair. AI's ego won't let him take a lesser role effectively. So in short, he won't sign for the exception and frankly I think that is all he'll be offered. If he gets more than the exception, it won't be for more than 2 years, if GMs are smart.

So I guess this is POTENTIALLY a win for Detroit. You could make the arguement though that even though Billups was a key component to any team, in order for Detroit to move forward eventually they had to move him, eventually.

Anyway, I think if Detroit gets nothing towards their rebuilding from the trade, it's been a bad move. If they get some significant pieces, which I agree in the economic climate it's likely, then it's an excellent trade.

Just my opinion, no offense to AI fans or Kstat. Which honestly, I've never liked AI and I root against Detroit mostly, cuz of the Pacers. So, I readily admit my bias.

Oh ya, I'm not sure Curry did a great job, but I also see what Dumars is saying that this is a transition year and how much could you expect.

I still think Larry Brown is the best coach on the planet and you get a 4-5 year lingering positive effect from him being there. I think the Pacers go it and I think Detroit got it.
    Last edited by Speed; 04-30-2009 at 11:53 AM.