Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KStat might need to be on suicide watch....

Default Re: KStat might need to be on suicide watch....

didnt someone mentioned that billups is constanly getting beaten up by little guards in the P.O ~ look at him now against C.P.3 ~ cant remember exactly though ~

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm actually having a pretty good time. I expected this would be the outcome, and I also expect to be fleecing at least two of the many teams (phoenix, Washington, Utah, New Orleans, etc.) that will be in cost-cutting mode.

I wish Billups the best of luck and take solace in the fact that it's deeply paining everybody to here that I'm not the least bit bothered by how the playoffs turned out.
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-29-2009 at 08:32 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

good for u

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm actually having a pretty good time. I expected this would be the outcome, and I also expect to be fleecing at least two of the many teams (phoenix, Washington, Utah, New Orleans, etc.) that will be in cost-cutting mode.
    Which, people forget, is how Dumars built a champion in the first place. The dude is following his script.

I've said it a billion times: cap space is most useful not for signing free agents, but for making ridiculously one-sided trades.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Sorry Kstat, but you were talking up how the young talent needed room to step into and it was all being rebuilt right on the fly and all I see is a group of guys that can't win even with a couple of all-star caliber players on the roster.

Making roster moves to accommodate Stuckey? Doesn't sound like a title formula at all. With the economic turn squeezing back on cap space I don't see the Pistons having the room to deal even, not as much as they'd hoped. They might have space that others want, but is it enough to insta-save the team? Doubtful to me.
    I still think that rebuilding with AI's expiring deal was the right move. However, I just think it was unrealistic to expect to rebuild on the fly like that with the guys they had.

When Dumars started the Pistons rennisance, he acquired guys who were unwanted, but not exactly untalented: Billups a former #3 pick, Rasheed a former #4 pick, Rip a former #7 pick and Dyess a former #2 pick. For all the talk about their chemistry, that's some pretty high level talent they had (while still in their primes).

It's simply unrealistic to expect to be able to rebuild on the fly with a bunch of non-lotto picks like Stuckey, Afflalo, Maxiell and Amir Johnson. Those guys are all nice young prospects, but talent wise, they don't come close to equaling all those unwanted lotto picks from the 90s that Dumars accrued.

It's not to say those guys were bad picks, because they were good ones. It's just unrealistic to build a good team centered around picks taken in that draft range.

I think Dumars is still one of the better GMs in the league and he'll eventually get the Pistons back into eastern conf contention. It was just a little silly to think he'd do it instantaneously.

Stuckey I'm perfectly ok with. He's a very good player, though he might be better off at the 2.

Amir has disappointed me greatly, and Maxiell is a quality player that just got lost in the chaos this year.

I expect Joe to take a lot more talent this summer off other rosters, though. The frontcourt does need a major overhaul, and I think we could use a new starting PG.

I do love that we have a ton of options.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Which, people forget, is how Dumars built a champion in the first place. The dude is following his script.

I've said it a billion times: cap space is most useful not for signing free agents, but for making ridiculously one-sided trades.
    Yep.

The people dancing right now would probably wind up with pie in the face next year if not for the fact their faces are already covered by the last 18 times they predicted the pistons were doomed.

[QUOTE=Kstat;879794]Stuckey I'm perfectly ok with. He's a very good player, though he might be better off at the 2.

Amir has dissapointed me greatly, and Maxiell is a quality player that just got lost in the chaos this year. QUOTE]

Stuckey is garbage. Gets billups traded, takes Iverson's number , Benches hamilton and then benches iverson.
    And all the time the ball is put in his hand, while Iverson is standing around waiting for the ball.

He is overrated by dumars, and it was laughable seeing him shoot 7/21 and 5/15 in his first two games vs cavs. if that was AI, u would be all over him. bunch of haters.

Yes. Stuckey is garbage. AI is the man. Anyone that says otherwise is a hater. Got it.

Let me let you in on a little secret; Iverson sucked. We would have had a better season had he not ever been on the roster. And this is coming from a huge fan of his.

Rodney led the pistons in both points and assists in the postseason. Iverson did not score a single point. His own team did not want him in the arena.
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-29-2009 at 08:43 PM.

You know what, some of you guys need to maybe mature...

There is allot of jealousy around here, the pistons may be our arch rivals but hell can we top this

Central Division Champions
    2002 2003 2005 2006 2007 2008

Over the last 9 years, Nope didnít think so.

They have cap space, some good bright stars and not a bad future, I donít hate em but apart from Darko you canít really fault Dumas, heís cunning and clued on and will make his team a Winner again soonÖ

Maybe sooner than Bird will make the Pacers a winning team which sucks more the what they have done over the last Nine Years....

We have been unlucky but that's life....

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

oh woe is me.... the pistons are doooooomed

Yes. Stuckey is garbage. AI is the man. Anyone that says otherwise is a hater. Got it.

Let me let you in on a little secret; Iverson sucked. We would have had a better season had he not ever been on the roster. And this is coming from a huge fan of his.
    good for you. You had the chance to win philladelphia, get the 6th spot without AI. You lost against them, and they were without young.
    You had the chance to beat one of the crappiest teams on the road, the bulls. And you lost against them again without AI.
    You got the cavs, and w ere swept. It was fun, reading all the posts on various pistons forum on how ur better off without AI and some even suggested " we will contend for the title without AI now " loooooool..

Yep. We were a poor team without AI. I said before the series even started that it was a sweep.

With him, even worse.

If we keep him on the roster, we probably don't even make the playoffs. That's sad.

Iverson isn't what he used to be. he's a washed up has-been that the pistons are gleefully brooming out the door, along with rasheed wallace.

Let me let you in on a little secret; Iverson sucked. We would have had a better season had he not ever been on the roster.....Iverson did not score a single point. His own team did not want him in the arena.

The shock of it all. The only thing more amazing was that anyone thought it would turn out differently.

I thought it had a shot...but Iverson made his own bed. He was really, really bad...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually like Walter Hermann if I had to pick one of the Piston players I liked.

Can someone give me a reasonable explanation why Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum were normally guarding Lebron in the 4th quarters of the series?

Michael Curry?

Tayshaun Prince was really hurting and they had nobody left to try.

That stupid games played streak really cost him this year. He deserved a break and paid for it later on.
    Last edited by Kstat; 04-29-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Yep. We were a poor team without AI. I said before the series even started that it was a sweep.

With him, even worse.

If we keep him on the roster, we probably don't even make the playoffs. That's sad.

Iverson isn't what he used to be. he's a washed up has-been that the pistons are gleefully brooming out the door, along with rasheed wallace.

AI and Rasheed have been nothing but scapegoats.Both of them can still give to any team in the NBA.

If AI did play at the end, they were going to blame him for losing to cleveland. Now they are blaming sheed. Will the people on dumars payroll ( mccosky, ellis, etc..) blame curry ever?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I agree. I would be surprised to see Bird hire a former Laker to coach the Pacers.
    It seems to me he might enjoy getting one of the Lakers to "cross over" to his side.

And of course Byron was an excellent representative of the Pacers and Indiana in general when he was here.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    And of course Byron was an excellent representative of the Pacers and Indiana in general when he was here.
    Which was before Bird's time. He's got no warm fuzzies about Byron hitting a big shot to move the Pacers forward... back then he was rooting for the Pacers to LOSE.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Richard Hamilton is my favorite player in the NBA, I wish at some point he would play for the Pacers, but honestly I see nothing the Pacers would be willing to give up for him that the Pistons would want, and even if he did come here, I don't really know how he would fit in on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    back then he was rooting for the Pacers to LOSE.
    He was retired before that series, wasn't he?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by iversonmania View Post
    AI and Rasheed have been nothing but scapegoats.Both of them can still give to any team in the NBA.

If AI did play at the end, they were going to blame him for losing to cleveland. Now they are blaming sheed. Will the people on dumars payroll ( mccosky, ellis, etc..) blame curry ever?
    I'm putting the over/under at 22 posts. I'll take the under. Anyone gonna take that action?

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    You know what, some of you guys need to maybe mature...

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]There is allot of jealousy around here, the pistons may be our arch rivals but
    Go my friend you are confusing jealousy with hate. Many people here hate the Pistons from Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman, to IThomas. See and thats before the brawl and having the most obnoxious fans to visit the opposing teams arena.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....