Thread: Quentin Richardson for free.

Default Quentin Richardson for free.

Ok, this is a little unlikely, but I've read that the Clippers may not match offers for QRich, basically letting him go to free up room for Kobe.

The restricted free agent could get offers for the Mid-level exception (@$5mil) and leave without compensating the Clippers.

My first thought was "if they are going after Kobe, and are going to lose QRich, they should at least get something back for him", but that defeats the purpose of freeing up room.

They could of course trade him to a team under the cap, but the possibilty remains that he could be signed as a free agent. The other factor is whether anyone would offer him more than the MLE w/o doing a S&T - only a few teams are below the cap and they may have their sites set higher.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Quentin Richardson for free.

If we can get QRich for nothing we should go for it. I haven't heard any rumors of him coming here though.

Word is the Clips low-balled him with an offer of 2.5 mill or something.

They might match a MLE but they might not either.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I'm sure there will be at least one team out there that'll give him more than the MLE, and it won't be us. The only way we're getting a solid starting SG is through trade.

IndyToad
    Gone away

Getting Richardson for free would negate part of my reasons for wanting him--I would have a reason to watch Clipper games if the ex-Pacers played for them.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

We would have to offer him the maximum mid level exception to have a chance at a. him picking indiana, and b. the clippers not matching. Thats a pretty hefty commitment of a 6 year salary starting at 5.5? million dollars.

I dont know if the Simon's would allow it. Don't they not want to go over the Lux Tax threshold even if theres a good chance there will be no penalty?

I think even if we did that, then Larry would want to clear some cap space. And if this was an option, I would rather sign Dampier, okur, blout, etc with that money (or part of the exception), and use Al to get a sg, such as Quentin, since it seems that a good guard is easier to acquire than a good center (by no means do I think Dampier is better than Quentin), and there are a lot more options otu there at the sg position.
    [edit=221=1088703727][/edit]

Isn't Q. Rich dating Moisha?

Quote Originally Posted by Pig
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can get QRich for nothing we should go for it. I haven't heard any rumors of him coming here though.
    This from CBS Sportsline

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7460804

13. Quentin Richardson, Los Angeles Clippers: Q is a restricted free agent, meaning the Clippers can match any offer. But they are so hot to trot for Bryant they might just let him go if Bryant is serious. So he'll entertain other offers while they go after Bryant and he'd be a great steal for the Nuggets, who are loaded with cap space, or the Pacers if they give him the mid-level for six years.

Sports Logo

I thought Denver was hotly pursuing Q-Rich? I am pretty sure I saw that last week. I think the only way we get him is sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    I thought Denver was hotly pursuing Q-Rich? I am pretty sure I saw that last week. I think the only way we get him is sign and trade.
    Denver's after Jamal Crawford
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Denver has enough cap space to sign the entire Bulls, Clippers, Hawks, and Republican party of Texas this offseason.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kobe won't be leaving the Lakers, so it's all moot.

RA231

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    I did hear that Dever is pursuing Richardson, but havent heard anyhting about Crawford. I hope they get Crawford so that leaves more of a chance that Richardson will come here.

It's definately worth it to throw the midlevel at him and see what happens. More likely, though, the Clippers are doing what the did to Brand last year... give him a smaller deal by making him sign somewhere else and then matching.

If I was Q-Rich I'd wait out another year and be unrestricted.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    It's definately worth it to throw the midlevel at him and see what happens. More likely, though, the Clippers are doing what the did to Brand last year... give him a smaller deal by making him sign somewhere else and then matching.

If I was Q-Rich I'd wait out another year and be unrestricted.
    Or he could do what Odom did, tell them not to match his offer because he hates them. Just a thought.

I think that alot of his decision will have to do with Darius Miles. Q was pissed when Darius was traded and they both took the Denver visit at the same time or are supposed to atleast. I also heard that Portland will take a look at Q to fill a SG need. Keep in mind this is just me babling so its probably BS.

yes we are. he was one of the first people kiki talked with and they have already planned a visit to denver. there is no way the MLE gets Q. he wont accept it and the clips will match such a silly offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick

and Q.

RA231

Well I hope you get Crawford so we have a better chance at Q