Thread: Interesting comments out of Chicago.....

Default Interesting comments out of Chicago.....

From Mr. Paxson up in Chicago(from the Chi-Times):

'The easiest thing to do is get players' names and salaries and sit down and say the Bulls should get this guy or the guys should get that guy,'' Paxson said. ''There is more to doing a deal than that. It's not that easy at all. I got blasted by a lot of people and e-mails on draft day because I did not do the deal for [Indiana Pacers forward] Al Harrington. Well, the truth of the matter is that we tried. But they wouldn't do the deal. And we certainly are not going to give away players or do deals that help other teams but hurt us.''

hmmm....wonder if this is the Pippen + #3 for Harrington deal or something else? Seems to me that there may still be something brewing here since wasn't it Gordon (the Chi 3rd pick) that LB was so high on?

Waiting for Crawford to be able to sign, then send Crawford and Gordon to Indiana for harrington + ? ???

outsider

Default Re: Interesting comments out of Chicago.....

Gordon for Harrington straight up gets my approval, but it's not that easy. I'm sure the contracts are nowhere near to matching.

I dont think a trade for gordon is dead, but I am sure that Chicago didnt pick gordon with the mindset of trading him. If anything, the houston-orlando fiasco proves that a trade is not complete until the ink is dry, and you dont risk a number 3 draft pick on a guy that you want to trade. Unless you are Mark Cuban trying to land Shaq.

I think Larry would try to get Gordon, but I wouldnt look into Chicago's pick farther than that is who they wanted to draft, and had every intention of keeping him when drafting him. You don't risk that high a draft pick on a guy you mite not really want unless a trade has been finalized, and if it had been it would have been announced draft day.

That being said I'm not sold on how gordon or crawford would fit on this team. Both are very talented, but doesnt getting a starting caliber center or more consistent starting sg make more sense in terms of trading al?

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZ
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . doesnt getting a starting caliber center or more consistent starting sg make more sense in terms of trading al?
    It would seem to, but then again we don't know how bad Tins injuries were or are.

Will, what were Tinsley's injuries?

The deal was Harrington for the number three pick and when the Bulls insisted on including Robinson, the Pacers said no thank you

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This just further confirms that the whole Luke Jackson thing was a smokescreen. We were never serious about obtaining him. We wanted Gordan, but most likely, the Bulls wouldn't give up the #3 for him. I'd think we would have taken back Robinson's contract without batting an eye if it got us Ben.

Shade, Paxson just said they WOULD give up the #3, but we said no, and that's likely because of the inclusion of Robinson.

I wouldn't read anything more into this than what it says. They couldn't come to an agreement. It simply means the Pacers are willing to trade Al if the deal is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shade, Paxson just said they WOULD give up the #3, but we said no, and that's likely because of the inclusion of Robinson.
    I don't see where it says that, so I just assume Pax is referring to the #7.

No Shade, I read it somewhere either out of Chicago or soemwhere thatthe pacers refuse to acceot Robinson.

Even Bird was quoted as saying they tried to get the #3 pick but whe the Bulls tried to trade a bad cotnract they decided against the deal.

Mood

I'm glad we didn't make a move on draft day. I like the players we got. Also i don't think any of the players in the draft could come in and start for us so I think we made the right move in waiting. Also i think we pushed the trade value of Al up by not accepting some of the deals we were offered for him.