Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

Quote Originally Posted by YoSoyIndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's not the wise move?
    Taking Quis' option at his current salary instead of letting him become a free agent and then trying to re-sign him for less money.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Smoke screen Smoke screen! When has the Pacers PTB ever tipped their hand about draft picks? Walsh never did and neither has Bird. I'm not buying it. Bird's too much of a poker player to give his hand away. Just a smoke screen.
    Bird mentioned Hibbert last year before he drafted him.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Hi, not sure if any of you caught this, but there's an audio podcast of the entire press conference:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/multimedia/podcast.html

At the end of the 22 minutes, Kravitz asked Bird whether he thought the Pacers could sign both Jack and a player @ the MLE level, to which Bird responded that he thought he could actually sign *two* MLE-level players plus Jack.

Are we missing something from the numbers perspective? He also mentioned having a good sense of what Jack will ask for salary wise.
    Last edited by docpaul; 04-21-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Taking Quis' option at his current salary instead of letting him become a free agent and then trying to re-sign him for less money.
    i trust quis more on a one year contract than i would re-signing him to a longer deal, even at less money.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    In fact, I think the Bulls lost last night because they played Brad Miller over Tyrus Thomas down the stretch.
    wasn't it this message board that wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with tyrus in a thread earlier in the year? hmm, i think another bump is in store...

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    wasn't it this message board that wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with tyrus in a thread earlier in the year? hmm, i think another bump is in store...
    I read that, too, and it was silly. I'm guessing most people hadn't seen much Tyrus this year -- and he was a much different player. He still wasn't very good in the very month of the season, though, as Del Negro screwed around with him.

Thomas has really and I mean really improved this season.

It's almost as if Thomas had a rush like light on his head during the sedason.

i trust quis more on a one year contract than i would re-signing him to a longer deal, even at less money.
    I agree though I am not sure how much sense this makes for the Pacers by renting him out for a year. He misses a lot of games for various reasons. To me it's just to big a risk when we could possibly pick someone up or draft someone for that position that may be more durable.

I think the only reason you would pick up Daniel's option is so he could fill in for MDJ for half a season and then you could shop him at the deadline to try and get a player you want from a team looking to cut salary.