Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

feed has gone offline - conference is over?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt it. T.D. maybe.

it says its not broadcasting. Who knows. There should be a repeat though ... probably on Pacers.com like Dukie stated
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Danny told Bird that Hibby will be an All-Star. Im sure he meant eventually.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    it says its not broadcasting. Who knows. There should be a repeat though ... probably on Pacers.com like Dukie stated
    It's still going on, they just lost the feed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Danny told Bird that himself would be an all-star....and Danny became one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I took that as Larry saying Danny told him when he (Danny) was drafted that he was going to be an all-star. I thought he meant Hibbert too, but then the more he talked it sounded like he was talking about Danny.

I do think it's possible for Hibbert to be an All-Star down the road, however.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

I don't think this is exactly right. What I recall Bird saying was that Hibbert would improve, and that he (Roy) kind of reminded him of Danny in that way. Then he went on to relate how Danny had said when we drafted him that he (Danny) would be an All-Star, and had a plan on how to do it. I don't recall any comment on Roy attributed to Danny.

Mood

Danny told Bird that himself would be an all-star....and Danny became one.
    Danny "Nostradamus" Granger.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, we all kind of piled on there.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by USF View Post
    Wow, we all kind of piled on there.
    Yeah, I thought about going back to change mine to say: "Or...what they said."

Bird on O'Brien:

"I think Jimmy needs the opportunity to let these guys grow. I believe in the way Jimmy coaches. He's a players' coach. He works the players hard and he makes them better."

He also said, if a player tuned out O'Brien because he's in the last year of his contract, "We'll get rid of the player."
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

lol now that I look at it from another point of view I can see where he was probably talking about Granger.

Mood

They took the banner off IndyStar's homepage. It must be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    They took the banner off IndyStar's homepage. It must be a bust.

they were making fun of it in the beginning...something about it being an antique technology or something

Mood

they were making fun of it in the beginning...something about it being an antique technology or something
    I heard that. This is ridiculous. This was supposed to make my morning since I'm the only one here.

Well, from what I heard before the feed crapped out, I believe his intention is to:

i) keep our pick
    ii) stay at #13 and see who drops down
    iii) draft someone other than a PF because he doesn't think there'll be anyone worthwhile at #13
    iv) instead try to obtain a non-star veteran PF who isn't currently signed to a long-term contract and who's known for his D and can score a bit in the post

Best guess??

Hoping to draft Gerald Henderson
    Will try to sign (s&t?) Drew Gooden

Overall from what has been broadcasted, just another Bird Press Conference where he paints with a broad stroke and really never clues us into anything specific. From what I saw which wasn't much, these are my notable points he made or didn't make.

-number one priority is to get big.not really news.
    -will take the best player available if know one falls.
    -he liked what he saw from Jarrett at the end of the season and wants to try and keep him.
    -TJ starts off great but needs to learn to finish.
    -He see's TJ and Jarrett as a solid rotation.
    -he made comments like he is happy with JOB but I just got this impression that this was just a smoke screen.
    -Troy was not really talked about too much. I found this interesting. but I have yet to see the whole transcript.
    -I may have to retract this one, but I thought he said that we have the ability to play good defense. This is opposite as to what JOB has said.

Overall nothing earth shattering but what did we expect from Bird.

it was interesting to me that he first said that they had about 10million to spend and then backed up and said "the budget is not decided yet, still have to discuss it with Herb"...

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    Well, from what I heard before the feed crapped out, I believe his intention is to:

i) keep our pick
    iii) draft someone other than a PF because he doesn't think there'll be anyone worthwhile at #13
    iv) instead try to obtain a non-star veteran PF who isn't currently signed to a long-term contract and who's known for his D and can score a bit in the post

Best guess??

I dont see us making a move at Gooden. If we were to do a sign and trade, who would Spurs want that we have? Their style seems to have Cs that shoot 3's (i.e. Bonner), so they could look at Murphy but they wouldnt touch his contact. It would make sense to have Gooden signed to a deal similar to Foster's and do a Foster for Gooden swap.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post

i) keep our pick

Best guess??

Good catch. I think he is looking to FA for our big.

it was interesting to me that he first said that they had about 10million to spend and then backed up and said "the budget is not decided yet, still have to discuss it with Herb"...
    I thought once Granger's extension kicks back, we'll still be over the cap. We still have to MLE

I would not be suprised to see Nick Cathelises on this squad next year.

Mood

Well, he was basically giving a rough idea of what he knew, but is going to confirm that with Herb.

Good catch. I think he is looking to FA for our big.
    Besides the MLE, do we have any cap space available for FA signings? DrFife mentioned Gooden which was a good mention. We could use part of the MLE on him. But im pretty sure we dont have cap space to spend because Granger's extension will kick in soon

It would be nice if Boozer would accept the MLE, but I think he'll be getting more from a team like Detroit. I just realized that Boozer has a $12 million player option. My guess is that hes going to exercise his option because of all the time he missed this season, his value might have dropped. Which means that Milsap will be an restricted FA. I think Milsap should be given a $6 - $7 million / season. When he got the mins, he produced.

Also, Brandon Bass is FA. Im sure we should pick him up for cheap and have him come off the bench. I would love to see Hibbert and Milsap be our front court and have Bass come off the bench
    Last edited by MillerTime; 04-21-2009 at 11:21 AM.