Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

FYI for everyone, I won't be watching because I am at work, but will definitely be interested to read a transcript and hear everyone's thoughts.

I believe this is the link that will start working at 10.

http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/PROMO/80624035
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

I wish they would do it in the evening so I could play the drink everytime Larry says a Hoosierism game.

Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI for everyone, I won't be watching because I am at work, but will definitely be interested to read a transcript and hear everyone's thoughts.

I believe this is the link that will start working at 10.

http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/PROMO/80624035
    Link is working now.

...and I have to leave at 10AM....
    Figures...

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

cool - got it open just in time...should start soon

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's Larry Bird!

Mood

Bombshell!

Larry said. "It will be a handshake deal for me to stay. If things don't work out I'll leave. I don't want to sign anything long-term."

He believes we'll get a player in the draft that will help us.

He won't sign another deal himself. He said what he will probably do is just make a handshake deal with Herb, that way if the Pacers want to let him go it will be easy.

"Herbie"

I don't know why I find that funny.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

He thinks all the problems are on the defensive end.

Mood

He should bring back the mustache.

Mood

Bird stated that he is very happy with O'Brien. "He is a player's coach..."

this was the transcript from my side before we all lost the feed...

disappointed for not taking advantage of the home stretch of games - with some players out with the flu.

was difficult to integrate new guys into the team but did a good job.

knows we can score - unfortunate that MDJR was out during the year.
    gave Granger the opportunity to raise his game and he did.

economy will decide how the off-season will be going...looking for a big and look around the league to fill a need.

if i stay on, it'll be a handshake deal with Herb - it doesn't matter about me...its about the team.

for me it didn't matter to coach without an extension - JOB is under contract and we expect him to fulfill his contract.

we have a plan and hopefully we can do whats right. if a player doesn't play for the coach then we'll change the player.

Would like to have a PF who can stop on the defensive end and can score some points.

would like to have the lot of them back.
    have some money to spend and hopefully we can retain Jack - if not we'll look elsewhere.

JOB needs an opportunity to let these guys grow. most of the players had a better year. All the problems were on the defensive end. Something that we need to address. JOB is a players coach. Players get better and that is all that you can ask.

We thought we could get something done with Tinsley but now its up to the arbritation. We are moving forward with or without JT and we'll see what happens.

MDJR being out set us out a bit...but we have a good draft pick.

I'm not a doctor - neither is the coach...we have no idea when Mike will be back. Just have to wait and see.

when i coached we weren't the most athletic team....but with smart tactics it can get better....obviously we got to get better...defense is where the games are won.

i felt if dunleavy was healthy we would have been in the playoffs...our goal is always to get into the playoffs.

there are a lot of PGs and a lot of 6,7,8 guys out there in the draft...if the one we want isn't there we'll draft the best available player.

we'll look through trades if we can get it - not sure if we could but we'll look into it. we miss a guy that can score down in the paint...

thought TJ started strong...think TJ needs to take over the games a bit more - run pick-n-roll and pass the ball quickly.

Jack made a lot of turnovers in the begining of the game - after half time of the season he was one of the better players on our team.

both can get the job done

roy needs to work out the angles on the court - he'll improve...he wants to improve...he reminds me of Granger....if you work hard it will happen.

Brandon wants to defend...he likes to defend...Rush was a bit disappointed in the beginning which hurt him in the offense....after all-star he got better.

Danny will get better cause he works - he plays with a chip on his shoulder....needs to be a leader...

the summer plan can change...some teams will blow up...*urgh connection lost*...some teams will be looking to get rid of salary and will offer opportunities in free agency as some players will not receive the money they'll be anticipating *connection lost again*
    Last edited by bellisimo; 04-21-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Wait and see on Dun. Might have to pick Daniels option up if they don't think Dun will come back.

Mood

Wow, I don't need to type anymore. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Wait and see on Dun. Might have to pick Daniels option up if they don't think Dun will come back.
    I think its too expensive to pick up Quis' option, especially considering how injured he is. We'll probably focus more on resigning Jack and saving money (by staying away from Quis' option).

The positive about Quis' option is that it expires in 2010 when teams will be looking for cap room for the 2010 sweepstakes
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Leave it to IndyStar to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Leave it to IndyStar to screw it up.
    so its not just me then?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    so its not just me then?
    It messed up for me. I've tried refreshing it.

ah well...that was fun to type like that for a bit...guess we're all going to have to wait for the "official" transcript

The Stars video quit working and there's just a picture of Bird frozen on the screen. No sound. It's been off for about 5 minutes.

It was going along pretty well, but then it locked up after about 15 minutes.

Bird thinks the defense can be better with the players we have. But they need to get some players that will help the defense, and Granger needs to become a leader defensively

I hope Danny averages fewer points next season, shoots a higher % and plays much better defense - because oif he does the other players will also

Mood

Yeah, it's messed up. It keeps coming back.

Mood

It looks like Conrad was filming it with a mini-camera. I would expect a replay on Pacers.com.