Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 110

Thread: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,513

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    FYI for everyone, I won't be watching because I am at work, but will definitely be interested to read a transcript and hear everyone's thoughts.

    I believe this is the link that will start working at 10.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/PROMO/80624035

  2. #2
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    I wish they would do it in the evening so I could play the drink everytime Larry says a Hoosierism game.

  3. #3
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI for everyone, I won't be watching because I am at work, but will definitely be interested to read a transcript and hear everyone's thoughts.

    I believe this is the link that will start working at 10.

    http://www.indystar.com/article/99999999/PROMO/80624035
    Link is working now.

  4. #4
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,992

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    ...and I have to leave at 10AM....
    Figures...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #5
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    cool - got it open just in time...should start soon

  6. #6
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed


  7. #7
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    It's Larry Bird!

  8. #8
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Bombshell!

    Larry said. "It will be a handshake deal for me to stay. If things don't work out I'll leave. I don't want to sign anything long-term."

  9. #9
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    He believes we'll get a player in the draft that will help us.

    He won't sign another deal himself. He said what he will probably do is just make a handshake deal with Herb, that way if the Pacers want to let him go it will be easy.

  10. #10
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    "Herbie"

    I don't know why I find that funny.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  11. #11
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    He thinks all the problems are on the defensive end.

  12. #12
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    He should bring back the mustache.

  13. #13
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Bird stated that he is very happy with O'Brien. "He is a player's coach..."

  14. #14
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    this was the transcript from my side before we all lost the feed...

    disappointed for not taking advantage of the home stretch of games - with some players out with the flu.

    was difficult to integrate new guys into the team but did a good job.

    knows we can score - unfortunate that MDJR was out during the year.
    gave Granger the opportunity to raise his game and he did.

    economy will decide how the off-season will be going...looking for a big and look around the league to fill a need.

    if i stay on, it'll be a handshake deal with Herb - it doesn't matter about me...its about the team.

    for me it didn't matter to coach without an extension - JOB is under contract and we expect him to fulfill his contract.

    we have a plan and hopefully we can do whats right. if a player doesn't play for the coach then we'll change the player.

    Would like to have a PF who can stop on the defensive end and can score some points.

    would like to have the lot of them back.
    have some money to spend and hopefully we can retain Jack - if not we'll look elsewhere.

    JOB needs an opportunity to let these guys grow. most of the players had a better year. All the problems were on the defensive end. Something that we need to address. JOB is a players coach. Players get better and that is all that you can ask.

    We thought we could get something done with Tinsley but now its up to the arbritation. We are moving forward with or without JT and we'll see what happens.

    MDJR being out set us out a bit...but we have a good draft pick.

    I'm not a doctor - neither is the coach...we have no idea when Mike will be back. Just have to wait and see.

    when i coached we weren't the most athletic team....but with smart tactics it can get better....obviously we got to get better...defense is where the games are won.

    i felt if dunleavy was healthy we would have been in the playoffs...our goal is always to get into the playoffs.

    there are a lot of PGs and a lot of 6,7,8 guys out there in the draft...if the one we want isn't there we'll draft the best available player.

    we'll look through trades if we can get it - not sure if we could but we'll look into it. we miss a guy that can score down in the paint...

    thought TJ started strong...think TJ needs to take over the games a bit more - run pick-n-roll and pass the ball quickly.

    Jack made a lot of turnovers in the begining of the game - after half time of the season he was one of the better players on our team.

    both can get the job done

    roy needs to work out the angles on the court - he'll improve...he wants to improve...he reminds me of Granger....if you work hard it will happen.

    Brandon wants to defend...he likes to defend...Rush was a bit disappointed in the beginning which hurt him in the offense....after all-star he got better.

    Danny will get better cause he works - he plays with a chip on his shoulder....needs to be a leader...

    the summer plan can change...some teams will blow up...*urgh connection lost*...some teams will be looking to get rid of salary and will offer opportunities in free agency as some players will not receive the money they'll be anticipating *connection lost again*
    Last edited by bellisimo; 04-21-2009 at 10:34 AM.

  15. #15
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Wait and see on Dun. Might have to pick Daniels option up if they don't think Dun will come back.

  16. #16
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,823

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait and see on Dun. Might have to pick Daniels option up if they don't think Dun will come back.
    I think its too expensive to pick up Quis' option, especially considering how injured he is. We'll probably focus more on resigning Jack and saving money (by staying away from Quis' option).

    The positive about Quis' option is that it expires in 2010 when teams will be looking for cap room for the 2010 sweepstakes
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  17. #17
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Wow, I don't need to type anymore. :P

  18. #18
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Leave it to IndyStar to screw it up.

  19. #19
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leave it to IndyStar to screw it up.
    so its not just me then?

  20. #20
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so its not just me then?
    It messed up for me. I've tried refreshing it.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Well, from what I heard before the feed crapped out, I believe his intention is to:

    i) keep our pick
    ii) stay at #13 and see who drops down
    iii) draft someone other than a PF because he doesn't think there'll be anyone worthwhile at #13
    iv) instead try to obtain a non-star veteran PF who isn't currently signed to a long-term contract and who's known for his D and can score a bit in the post

    Best guess??

    Hoping to draft Gerald Henderson
    Will try to sign (s&t?) Drew Gooden

  22. #22
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,823

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, from what I heard before the feed crapped out, I believe his intention is to:

    i) keep our pick
    ii) stay at #13 and see who drops down
    iii) draft someone other than a PF because he doesn't think there'll be anyone worthwhile at #13
    iv) instead try to obtain a non-star veteran PF who isn't currently signed to a long-term contract and who's known for his D and can score a bit in the post

    Best guess??

    Hoping to draft Gerald Henderson
    Will try to sign (s&t?) Drew Gooden
    I dont see us making a move at Gooden. If we were to do a sign and trade, who would Spurs want that we have? Their style seems to have Cs that shoot 3's (i.e. Bonner), so they could look at Murphy but they wouldnt touch his contact. It would make sense to have Gooden signed to a deal similar to Foster's and do a Foster for Gooden swap.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  23. #23
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    I would not be suprised to see Nick Cathelises on this squad next year.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis-Far East
    Age
    43
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, from what I heard before the feed crapped out, I believe his intention is to:

    i) keep our pick
    ii) stay at #13 and see who drops down
    iii) draft someone other than a PF because he doesn't think there'll be anyone worthwhile at #13
    iv) instead try to obtain a non-star veteran PF who isn't currently signed to a long-term contract and who's known for his D and can score a bit in the post

    Best guess??

    Hoping to draft Gerald Henderson
    Will try to sign (s&t?) Drew Gooden
    Good catch. I think he is looking to FA for our big.

  25. #25
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,823

    Default Re: Larry Bird to give "season post mortem" at 10am today, there will be live Indystar.com feed

    Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good catch. I think he is looking to FA for our big.
    Besides the MLE, do we have any cap space available for FA signings? DrFife mentioned Gooden which was a good mention. We could use part of the MLE on him. But im pretty sure we dont have cap space to spend because Granger's extension will kick in soon

    It would be nice if Boozer would accept the MLE, but I think he'll be getting more from a team like Detroit. I just realized that Boozer has a $12 million player option. My guess is that hes going to exercise his option because of all the time he missed this season, his value might have dropped. Which means that Milsap will be an restricted FA. I think Milsap should be given a $6 - $7 million / season. When he got the mins, he produced.

    Also, Brandon Bass is FA. Im sure we should pick him up for cheap and have him come off the bench. I would love to see Hibbert and Milsap be our front court and have Bass come off the bench
    Last edited by MillerTime; 04-21-2009 at 11:21 AM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. Larry Bird and the job he has done.
    By Young in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •