Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: The Beatles: Rock Band

  1. #1
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default The Beatles: Rock Band

    OMG! I am so excited. GameStop started their pre-orders for the latest iteration of Rock Band, The Beatles.

    There are two versions, and each will be available for the Xbox 360, Wii, and Playstation 3.

    Normal Edition just comes with the game, you can use existing hardware:



    The premium edition is just like the bundles from Rock Band 1 & 2, but they feature Ringo Starr's Ludwig drums and George Harrison's Hofner Bass Guitar controller. Save up, this SKU is $249.



    The street date for this game is September 9, 2009.

    The cover art is stunning. This is a dream for all fans of The Beatles.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 04-20-2009 at 10:22 AM.

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    When does this come out?

  3. #3
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Sorry about that...9.9.09

  4. #4
    Old school Dab or new Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gosport
    Age
    41
    Posts
    879
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry about that...9.9.09
    Huh, I guess that's a coincidence, but it brings to mind one of the very first Lennon-McCartney compositions, One After 909

  5. #5
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabney Prood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh, I guess that's a coincidence, but it brings to mind one of the very first Lennon-McCartney compositions, One After 909
    I talked to the GameStop manager. He told me it was because of that.

  6. #6
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,836

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    This is going to be pretty epic. I need to fix my drumset now.

  7. #7
    Old school Dab or new Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gosport
    Age
    41
    Posts
    879
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I talked to the GameStop manager. He told me it was because of that.
    They should have really released it on September 10th then, since that's the one after 9/09. Maybe it was too close to 9/11.

  8. #8
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    I'm so getting it...

  9. #9
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,821

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Paul plays the bass......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  10. #10
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul plays the bass......
    Momma played fiddle.

  11. #11
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul plays the bass......
    You are right. I wasn't thinking clearly. George for some reason, I had my mind set on...

    lol

  12. #12
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,986

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Momma played fiddle.
    ...And
    ...Momma's got a squeezebox she wears on her chest
    And when Daddy comes home he never gets no rest...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. #13
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Why do I feel like this is just another way to get my money? Why don't they just release Beatles tracks over marketplace? Or will they do that in addition to this game?

  14. #14
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do I feel like this is just another way to get my money? Why don't they just release Beatles tracks over marketplace? Or will they do that in addition to this game?
    They are offering "instruments" in the fashion of what they used. It's a themed project, and not an expansion.

    I'm all for it.

  15. #15
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    I'm on the fence on this one. I like the Beatles, but I don't think I like them enough to plunk down $60 for this. At least, not while I'm still looking for full-time work.

  16. #16
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    I'm so getting this. Has a tracklist been divulged? I hope While My Guitar Gently Weeps is on there.

  17. #17
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    To my knowledge, no set list has been released yet. Last I heard, there will be 45 songs on the disc. Plus, I'm sure there will be plenty of DLC to hit, as well.

  18. #18
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    No tracklist yet.

  19. #19
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Here:

    Wikipedia.org:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_(video_game)

    The game has been rumored to include 45 master tracks, chosen from the Beatles albums recorded during their 1962-1969 tenure with EMI Records (including some unreleased material).

    The game will include Beatles tracks owned by Sony / ATV Music Publishing Company.


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonix_Music_Systems

    ...will include 45 songs from their 1962-69 tenure with EMI, using United Kingdom-released versions of their albums Please Please Me through Abbey Road. The developers have worked with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to gain input on the game, and are using Giles Martin, son of Sir George Martin who produced most of the Beatles albums, as music director for the game. Harmonix stated, despite building on the Rock Band gameplay, this will not be a Rock Band branded title, and that the songs will not be available as downloadable content for the Rock Band series. The agreement has been in discussion for more than 17 months.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 04-22-2009 at 03:56 PM.

  20. #20
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,623

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm so getting this. Has a tracklist been divulged? I hope While My Guitar Gently Weeps is on there.
    Due to copyright issues, all tracks are going to be re-recorded with Yoko Ono on vocals.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  21. #21
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Due to copyright issues, all tracks are going to be re-recorded with Yoko Ono on vocals.
    Doesn't Michael Jackson own the catalog?

  22. #22
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Jackson bought publishers rights to the songs published by Northern Songs when he bought the ATV catalog, which does not include some of the early songs, or Harrison's songs after 1968.

    Jackson sold half of those rights to SONY. So, as far as royalties for songs used here, that are part of that catalog, the songwriter gets 50 percent, the publisher gets 50 percent, generally. Jackson would get half of 50 percent.
    Last edited by kester99; 04-22-2009 at 10:39 PM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  23. #23
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    I'm from that era but I am shocked at the enthusiasm from you "youngsters".

  24. #24

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm from that era but I am shocked at the enthusiasm from you "youngsters".
    I'm 28, and I got hooked on the Beatles due to the Anthology series they released when I was in high school.

    As for the game, for those thinking this is a cash grab, that's possible, but I read in Game Informer that one thing they're doing for this game is allowing you to hook up multiple microphones so that you can harmonize and sing the different parts, which is part of what the Beatles were known for.

  25. #25
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,227

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Beatles: Rock Band

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm from that era but I am shocked at the enthusiasm from you "youngsters".
    My dad is a Beatles fanatic, so I somewhat grew up with them. They're not my favorite band, but I can appreciate their talent, and I bet it'd be fun to play some of their stuff.

Similar Threads

  1. PD SURVIVOR for games 05-03-08
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 06:23 PM
  2. PD SURVIVOR for games 05-01-08
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
  3. Rock Band Anyone?
    By Des4L in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
  4. IBJ: A "real" sports town wouldn't abandon the Pacers
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •