So in now less than a month, I will be adventuring on a cross country road trip. My family moved out to Sacramento, CA last summer and I've been out there since then but have only flown there. I will be out there all summer and I want my car and I've always wanted to drive across the country as it seems like it should be an adventure. I will be going with at least one friend of mine, possibly two.

Here are some details on the trip:
Car: 1998 Ford Contour SVT
Where to Where: Mountain Top, Pa to Rocklin, Ca (2,870 miles)
When: May 18th

Here is a pic of the ride making this journey:

ok two cause I love my car:

Its a pretty simple drive as I take I-80 the entire way cause it goes right from Mountain Top to Sacramento. We are planning on checking out some places that are either along the way or aren't too far off track. Right now I have Cleveland, Chicago, Denver and Salt Lake City as places to check out.

I am really looking forward to this drive because its really something I've always wanted to do, in my whole 19 years of existence. I get out of school on May 7th and am then visiting friends and such at where I grew up, northeast PA, then will be leaving for Cali on the 18th. Every year my family used to drive to Tampa Florida for vacation so I'm used to being in the car for long periods of time and I enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the country cause from 35,000 feet everything looks like squares.

Anyone here ever done this? Have any tips or suggestions? Places to check out? I plan on taking lots of pictures and will probably share them on here.