Thread: Dominic Rhodes Signed

Default Dominic Rhodes Signed

It is now official: Bills have found their new running back. His name? Dominic Rhodes. Last year, Rhodes was on my favorite team: The Indianapolis Colts. Now he is gone. What can the Colts do now? But right now, the Bills have time to shine.

On Monday, Rhodes was already going to ink a deal with the Bills for two years. And the Bills needed a primary, veteran running back more than the Colts need to. The Colts now have Lance Ball, Mike Hart, and, of course, Joseph Addai.

Now that Marshawn Lynch will face a three-game suspension at the starting of the regular season, they need a running back to fill in. They can't use Fred Jackson because he is right now a training-camp holdout. Rhodes could be a perfect fit.

And Rhodes told Sirius Radio that he would like to start against the New England Patriots in the season-opener because of Lynch not there. And you never know, Rhodes could be a starter.

It will be like the Colts' one-two punch with Addai and Rhodes but now it will be Rhodes and Lynch. I think the Bills' one-two punch is better, in my mind, even though I am a Colts fan.

"They're looking for big production out of me," Rhodes said. "I am ready."

I'm sure he is.

Rhodes was a backup to Joseph Addai but Rhodes did have some carries and did start four games. He had 538 rushing yards on 152 attempts, six touchdowns, and almost four yards per carry average (he had 3.5).

Rhodes is now 30 years old. He played for the Colts in seven-out-of-the-eight seasons he played in the league. His ninth season looks to be good for this year. He was also a big key to the Colts' successful win over the Chicago Bears (sorry Bob Warja) in Super Bowl XLI in a 29-17 win.

Rhodes, in his rookie year, had his only 1,000-yard-season because of Edgerrin James' injury. Rhodes has never started a complete season like those star running backs you see. He is more of a helping-running back, which are the type of backs I like to enjoy watching.

They are like point guards. Helping other guys out and giving out assists for themselves. That is the type of guy Rhodes is. Can he do it for Marshawn Lynch? Of course he can!

He was supposed to be re-signed by the Colts but an offer never was made. Probably not a lot of team were interested because of the DUI arrest he had in 2007, a couple of days after the Super Bowl win. If he had never done that, guarantee that 32 NFL teams would be all over him.

But now he won't do that anymore!

"I was getting a little nervous," Rhodes said. "I was like, "Didn't I do a good job last year?'"

Well the Bills think so. Why else would they sign you? And every Colts fan believed you were GREAT last year.

Watch out defenses, Rhodes could be a scare!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dominic Rhodes Signed

Nice misleading thread title there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice misleading thread title there.
    Haha no kidding.

I like Rhodes but I think he is really on the downside of his career now. We'll be alright. It is Addai who I am worried about.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Aww, man...we could've used him one more year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    No link, no source, no author. I need all three to be edited in to the original post, or this is getting deleted. Thanks.
    I think he's the one who wrote it...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=45976

Nice. I just (lightly) skimmed it, and at a glance it looks like an article from a news website (the way it's presented and quotes from people involved).

I'll delete my post.

This doesn't bother me. Like DC said, I'm more concerned about how Addai will bounce back. He was horrible last year, and that's being generous. If he has another year at that level, we could be looking for a new starting RB next offseason.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Speaking of on the backside of their career. Who is going to replace Addai? No seriously I think he has got two maybe three seasons if he continues to get nagging injuries.

This is telling me we are taking a RB with the 27th pick. Mc coy from Pitt is Polian's guy. I have no sources this is just my hunch. I have never meant Polian but he does what he wants and gets zero criticism from the media. I think trading Ugoh for a first round pick was a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This doesn't bother me. Like DC said, I'm more concerned about how Addai will bounce back. He was horrible last year, and that's being generous. If he has another year at that level, we could be looking for a new starting RB next offseason.
    He was horrible last year because his line was horrible. The colts could have drafted MOrney (Pats) then I would say he's injury proned and a under achiever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This is telling me we are taking a RB with the 27th pick. Mc coy from Pitt is Polian's guy. I have no sources this is just my hunch. I have never meant Polian but he does what he wants and gets zero criticism from the media. I think trading Ugoh for a first round pick was a huge mistake.
    My hunch is that Polian wants to address WR first, DT second, RB third, LB fourth, and in the 6th to 7th round bank on a Punter.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 04-23-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Gamble, I do not think WR should be looked @ in the first round is all. A Lot of depth is @ the position in this draft. I am hoping we pick up Demetrius Byrd in the 6th or 7th round or sign him as a free agent. It is a shame he got in a car wreck but maybe he falls that far to the Colts and we prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Gamble, I do not think WR should be looked @ in the first round is all. A Lot of depth is @ the position in this draft. I am hoping we pick up Demetrius Byrd in the 6th or 7th round or sign him as a free agent. It is a shame he got in a car wreck but maybe he falls that far to the Colts and we prosper.
    I understand your point but Polian is in a hurt for quality WR that could step in as rookie and produce. That is not going to be there in the later rounds.

I think some people believe we are deeper at WR than we actually are. We drafted Gonz to replace Stockley not Marvin and given that we are a score first team that emphasizes earlier leads, I just can't see Polian drafting anything but a WR in the first/second round.

Mood

I would say we'll be ok in the back up depth at RB, but I think we should look in rounds 2-4 for that guy. Too bad Hart had the knee injury last year because I thought he was progressing well. If we do go RB in the 1st round I wouldn't be too upset but I think we need to get our DT as a top priority.