Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaq uses the F word live.

Shooter

Default Re: Shaq uses the F word live.

I just hope we don't see some make up calls tonight.

I just hope we don't see some make up calls tonight.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

hey guys, to be honest..
    i love it...

i love to see people speaking their mind...and a little vocab lesson to shake people up isnt a really big deal....

words are words...the stigma attached to **** and **** and other "swear" words is ridiculous.....and completely arbitrary...

so **** yeah big daddy tell the world how you feel
    ++++++++++++++++++++=

I take it your kids don't watch the NBA.

This may come as a surprise but I'm kinda conservative and take a dim view of this sort of thing on my television.....but then again I'm not a prude either. There is a wrong place and time tho...and that was it.

Now ain't it funny how Tony Bruno used the discussion to turn it around and make a scathing flame on the quality of play in th NBA??? He started off talking about Shaq...quickly dismissed it and started flaming the Wolves for playing half a game yesterday and cheating the paying customers. HE then slammed the entire product of the whole NBA for lousy uninteresting play by uninspired, overly-paid, non-skilled players...and then ripped anyone who would deign to watch them.
    Funny how whenever one of the major players gets their t*t in a wringer the subject ALWAYS gets diverted.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Greg Lloyd - during the Steelers postgame celebration after defeating the Colts to qualify for Superbowl XXX - used the F-word live on NBC. I think he was fined $5K or $10k. That's about the right punishment for Shaq.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Greg Lloyd - during the Steelers postgame celebration after defeating the Colts to qualify for Superbowl XXX - used the F-word live on NBC. I think he was fined $5K or $10k. That's about the right punishment for Shaq.
    Michael Irvin did the same thing when the Cowboys won the NFC - I think it was the same year. Was talking about Barry Swtzer and said something like, "People need to stop giving this man so much s__t."

I remember Lloyd too - it's burned in my memory. Not the whole thing but the words, "... right to the F-ing Super Bowl."

I think it was Bryant Gumble who commented afterwards, "Greg Lloyd just failed our live, on-air audition for a job as commentator." or something like that. We were howling at it. Too funny.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

so did they fine him yet? suspend him for tonights game? /wishful thought

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Michael Irvin did the same thing when the Cowboys won the NFC - I think it was the same year. Was talking about Barry Swtzer and said something like, "People need to stop giving this man so much s__t."

I remember Lloyd too - it's burned in my memory. Not the whole thing but the words, "... right to the F-ing Super Bowl."

I think it was Bryant Gumble who commented afterwards, "Greg Lloyd just failed our live, on-air audition for a job as commentator." or something like that. We were howling at it. Too funny.
    Yep, it was the same year.

Not popular to say here, but my favorite football team is the Steelers - Rod Woodson and Greg Lloyd are two of my all-time favorites. I was laughing my @$$ off at Greg (and Bryant's comments) but I was surrounded by a lot of upset Colts fans that afternoon. I think Bryant also made some comment about "obviously, this wasn't on a seven-second delay."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you