Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaq uses the F word live.

Shooter

Default Shaq uses the F word live.

Lakers win by one but lots of complaints about the officiating in the game.
    Here is a transcript of the live interview after the game.
    I know you are fined for critizicing officials. Can you be suspended for using the F word and the S word on live TV?

John Ireland: "Thanks I'm with Shaquille O'Neal. You were frustrated with how the officiating went down the stretch but you guys pulled it out and it was a big win"

Shaq "Everyone is starting to wonder why the league is losing money, thats why. People pay good money to come and watch atheletes play and they try to take over the F---ing game"

John "Shaq were on live"

Shaq "I don't give a S---"

John "I know. Let me ask you this. Obviously this was a game that got away from you guys at the end. What does it mean to get off on the right foot when you have to travel for the next 2 weeks?"

Shaq "We just gotta play hard, play smart, Weve been doing that, we just want people to be consistent on how they call the game. If we keep bringing the ball inside, passing the ball, taking high percentage shots, we'll be fine"

John "Season high in points, I thought it was the best you have looked since the early part of the season. Are you feeling 100% yet?"

Shaq "I'm feeling pretty good, my teammates are looking for me. Today they kept bringing me the ball, time in and time out. And everytime they do that I can do this every night"

John "Thats Shaquille O'neal, back to you"

--

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Shaq uses the F word live.

I can't really blame Shaq there for his frustration, because he was REALLY getting hammered inside, and every time he made ANY move inside, he got a charge. One of the few times I'll stick up for him.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Shooter

I can't really blame Shaq there for his frustration, because he was REALLY getting hammered inside, and every time he made ANY move inside, he got a charge. One of the few times I'll stick up for him.
    I agree with you Kstat.
    I guess the officials are always going to be a source of contraversy no matter what the league says they are doing to improve them.

I was just wondering what kind of slap on the wrist they would give him.

jtfourh

Isn't the question, "How many games would Ron Artest receive for this?"

He flipped the bird to the crowd in Miami and one other place and got suspended or fined last year didn't, he?

Whatever happened to character? Don't they know thousands of kids watch those games?

Isn't the question, "How many games would Ron Artest receive for this?"

He flipped the bird to the crowd in Miami and one other place and got suspended or fined last year didn't, he?

Whatever happened to character? Don't they know thousands of kids watch those games?
    Good and important question. If he were Artest, he would have at least a one game suspension but that would be based on his past record. Shaq has a pretty clean record. But it wouldn't be bad if he got suspended for 1 game for that because without JO, he'll have a big game against us on Monday.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Shooter

Seems like he also adressed a message to David Stern himself as in the quote below.
    I am not a big fan of the refs but it will be interesting to see how Stern reacts.

``My message to David Stern is get some people in there that understand the game and don't try to take over the game because people pay good money to see good athletes play,'' O'Neal said after scoring 36 points. ``Let us play, don't be trying to take over the game.''

Good point to bring up Artest. I bet even now he'd get a game for it.

Shaq won't.

Well, shaq will be fined for this

How can he not be?

If the league doesn't do something they would be saying "it is alright to swear on national tv"

what would the fans think of that

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As much as I would love to lay into Shaq for that, he's right. The officiating is a joke in this league.

Good point to bring up Artest. I bet even now he'd get a game for it.

Shaq won't.
    I think there is a chance he will get a suspension. The guy showed no remorse for cussing on national TV. If he doesn't suspend him, Stern will have to answer questions about why he didn't. I think cussing in front of small kids while Artest gets suspended for smashing some equipment in Madison Square Garden. I know it's like comparing apples and oranges but I think most will get what I'm saying-and probably agree with me. On the other hand, I doubt it will happen. I just think there is a chance and that he should.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Ron smashed a freaking TV camerao against a wall.

This isnt apples to Oranges, its a stupid mistake and a REALLY Stupid one.

Shaq deserves a fine, NOT a suspension. Has any player in NBA HISTORY been suspended for TALKING INNAPROPRIATELY?

Come on now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Shaq deserves a fine, NOT a suspension. Has any player in NBA HISTORY been suspended for TALKING INNAPROPRIATELY?

Come on now.
    I think it's how blatantly he "Doesn't give a ****" that may open the door to it.

I'd compare this to Ron getting suspended FOUR games for the Miami incident.

He gets a borderline flagrant that looks worse than it is, taunts Miami's bench by flexing, brushes off Riley's arm when walking towards the Assistant who SLAMS his trey down after the flex, and flips off the crowd.

Now, that was bad, but the only thing worthy doing anything about was the flex and the flip.

But he got 4 games.

So to me, maybe that opens the door for A game for Shaq because of how blatant it was. On top of being direct criticism of the refs and the league, which Stern, Jackson frown on.

So it's a slim chance, but still.

I think he gets fined and that's it.

Nerd.
    Mood

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Come on now.
    Do you believe that Artest deserved a suspension for his camera incident?

If so, why was Artest's conduct any different?

I await your answer.

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Come on now.

I await your answer.
    An act of physical violence compared with swearing?

Are you for real?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Come on now.

I await your answer.
    If ONE other member of this forum asks me that same thing I'll awnser it.

But right now I think that may be the most obvious question Ive ever been asked.....

Nerd.
    Mood

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Come on now.

I await your answer.

Are you for real?
    Yes. The fact is that Shaq did it when he knew he was live on TV and EVERYONE could hear him.

I'm not sure about this, but was Artest caught live on TV throwing the camera? Or was it caught by a camera after the game?

Artest's incident with the camera was not violence against a human being.

Nerd.
    Mood

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Come on now.

I await your answer.
    If ONE other member of this forum asks me that same thing I'll awnser it.

But right now I think that may be the most obvious question Ive ever been asked.....
    Well, screw you too.

I merely asked a question.

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Come on now.

I await your answer.

Are you for real?
    Yes. The fact is that Shaq did it when he knew he was live on TV and EVERYONE could hear him.

I'm not sure about this, but was Artest caught live on TV throwing the camera? Or was it caught by a camera after the game?

Ring that homer alert.........

If Shaq grabbed a camera from a guy doing his job and smashed it against a wall, and Ron simply swore in front of a camera, we arent having this discussion....

I still refuse to explain the difference between violence and destruction of property to swearing on camera.....

Take it down a notch please.

I still refuse to explain the difference between violence and destruction of property to swearing on camera.....
    Kstat is right about this...

I don't see how a valid comparison could be made

Shaq has never smashed a Camera and Monitor, been know for flagrant fouls, or any of the numerous other things on Artest resume

So shaq will not get a suspension and rightfully so

If artest did what shaq did, yes, he probably would have gotten a suspension, but that would have been his own fault.

Artest soiled his record and created an uphill battle for himself. He has a bad reputation... his fault...and although none of us pacer fans may like it...it is something we must accept (ron will get the worst of the penalties)

Oh come on.

Shaq swore on TV.

Come on now.

I await your answer.

Are you for real?

So let me get this straight ...

If you and I got in an argument - say we're in a crowded mall parking lot and one of us ducks into a parking space, cutting the other off.

We get out of our cars. In one scenario you and I argue and I end up swearing at you before getting in my car and driving away.

In the other I pull a baseball bat out of the backseat of my car and bash your windshield in.

You're telling me that you see no difference in that?

Of course in the case of Artest we'd have to go a bit further because I'd have to first physically drag you out of your car and then bash your windshield in.

I just hope you never have any position in the criminal justice system.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

How did this get on the camera incident...of course violence is different. COmpare like offenses. Flipping off the crowd and flinging the F-word live. That is the legit comparison. Now...what does Ivy get when he flips off the crowd? Compare Shaq and Ivy...because RA's was a multiple offense and they were out to hang him (ESPN was that is).

Or how about a Presidential canidate that flings the f-word 4 times in a week? Oh wait, he was using it as an adjective and that made it ok.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Or how about a Presidential canidate that flings the f-word 4 times in a week? Oh wait, he was using it as an adjective and that made it ok.
    Actually, so was Shaq ...

Now the fecal reference was another story.

I figure it'll be a fine - but if I were Shaq I'd watch out for my endorsements. Burger King tries to be family friendly. I don't know what clauses they have in their contract but if he violated them he could lose it - plus I know he has some candy bars he does spots for.

debohstheman

hey guys, to be honest..
    i love it...

i love to see people speaking their mind...and a little vocab lesson to shake people up isnt a really big deal....

words are words...the stigma attached to **** and **** and other "swear" words is ridiculous.....and completely arbitrary...

so **** yeah big daddy tell the world how you feel