Thread: Back in Title Contention

Hybrid View

Default Back in Title Contention

Pacers Trade

Jeff Foster

J Tinsley

Wizards Trade

A Jamison

If Joe Smith/Chris Wilcox can be traded for Tyson Chandler the Wizards might do this deal.

Default Re: Back in Title Contention

I dont see that happening. Wiz wont do it. They'll have 2 unreliable PGs
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

The Wizards might land the number one pick.

They have the contracts of Arenas, Butler, Jamison. I expect Jamison to be the first of the three shipped due to his contract. Below is his contract.

09-10 11.7 Mill
    10-11 13.4 Mil
    11-12 15.1 Mil

I just hope that Bird/Simons will be willing to be a buyer this offseason is all.

I like Jamison a lot, still one of my major concerns with getting him is that he'd be too redundant with Danny and Murphy IMO.

I think if we get him we'd have to move Murphy to fill holes at other spots, SG for instance. but moving murph obviously won't be an easy thing to do...

Jamison doesnt seem like a great post player (someone that we need). We is a PF that likes to shoot, and we already have one of those (Murphy). Jamison makes more money than Murphy and quite frankly I'd rather have Murphy over Jamison
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

All players have strengths and weaknesses. Jamison passes the ball a lot better than Murphy. This team needs more talent. This is a huge upgrade on that. Who is going to play second fiddle to Danny? We still have a lottery pick and Rush, Hibbert developing. Dunleavy injured and several free agents.

I am hoping we do a trade where we package Jeff & Ford/Tinsley for a Jamison or Chandler caliber player is all.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love Jamison, he has continued to battle this season despite the Wiz being awful. A lot of guys would have packed it in, he does truly have my respect as a professional.

That said the Wizards are still paying him upwards of 10 million for 3 more seasons. If we acquired him we would have very little cap flexibility in the future. I just don't see him as a piece to put Indiana over the top. He is a very good, but not great player.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Jamison, he has continued to battle this season despite the Wiz being awful. A lot of guys would have packed it in, he does truly have my respect as a professional.

That said the Wizards are still paying him upwards of 10 million for 3 more seasons. If we acquired him we would have very little cap flexibility in the future. I just don't see him as a piece to put Indiana over the top. He is a very good, but not great player.
    Keep in mind we still have Dunleavy out to January @ best. Add Jamison with Danny Granger, Hibbert, Rush, & our 12th pick that roster qualifies for a top tier Eastern Conference Team.

Do you feel if the Wizards land the Number 1 pick they move Jamison?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keep in mind we still have Dunleavy out to January @ best. Add Jamison with Danny Granger, Hibbert, Rush, & our 12th pick that roster qualifies for a top tier Eastern Conference Team.

Do you feel if the Wizards land the Number 1 pick they move Jamison?
    Possibly not. They could move Jamison back to SF. Hes not a real PF. They could go extremely big and go:

Arenas
    Butler
    Jamison
    Griffin
    Haywood

Mood

NO way I would do this one, too expensive to tak eon Jamisons hefty contract.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A Jamison doesn't play defense and is all about scoring so he will be perfect for Flip Saunders. The Wiz and fans are very happy with his extraordinary season and are looking to a year of full health and addition of a top draft pick next year to make it up to their fans for this year. The Wiz have no interest in trading A. Jamison this summer. Maybe next depending on their draft pick, his potential to take Jamison's spot in 2010 and how the playoffs go for them next spring/summer.

I don't think he'd be a good fit for the Pacers due to his lack of commitment on the defensive end of the court.