Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

  1. #51
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Stern gave me a certificate with a gold star on it.
    You say that like it's a good thing...
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  2. #52
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say that like it's a good thing...
    At least it wasn't safety-pinned to my shirt.

  3. #53
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Please excuse Duke from talking about David Stern. He has been sick.

    Signed, Duke's Mother
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  4. #54
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Haha...

    I'm not a fan of David Stern as much as the next guy, but a certificate would be pretty cool.

    ...just like one of those participant trophies you get in little league.

  5. #55
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've been talking about things like this. I love the ideas. I'm really looking forward to working with Mr. Murph.
    Haha same here Mr. Duke. I'll probably do the top 3 plays of the game.

  6. #56
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My official position on this subject is hellz yeah! Never worry about what anyone says about your posting habits, unless it is an admin. You've got just as much right as anyone else here to post what you want.

    I would love to see something along the lines of what Bball came up with. We all know there are certain plays that are momentum changers, or difference makers. To discuss those and be able to share what you saw would spark quite a bit of discussion, in my opinion...
    Yeah I had the same thing in mind.

  7. #57
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha same here Mr. Duke. I'll probably do the top 3 plays of the game.
    That's Mr. dynamite.

    j/k

  8. #58
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Man I love this thread. Had to bump it back to the top.

    It went from Duke and TroyMurphy3 being rivals to being collaborators for the greater good of the forum. Sort've like that episode of Transformers where Optimus Prime and Megatron had to team up to defeat the spore epidemic that was taking over the whole earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  9. #59
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man I love this thread. Had to bump it back to the top.

    It went from Duke and TroyMurphy3 being rivals to being collaborators for the greater good of the forum. Sort've like that episode of Transformers where Optimus Prime and Megatron had to team up to defeat the spore epidemic that was taking over the whole earth.
    I never considered myself a rival to Mr. Murph, but great analogy.

  10. #60
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,990

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Ya a momentum changer thread would be nice...

    A thread giving props to the player(s) who come in and was the difference maker in a Win ...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  11. #61
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya a momentum changer thread would be nice...

    A thread giving props to the player(s) who come in and was the difference maker in a Win ...
    On this team, it could also be "when so-and-so on the Pacers went to the bench, and we finally had a chance to win."

    ... just sayin'.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  12. #62
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man I love this thread. Had to bump it back to the top.

    It went from Duke and TroyMurphy3 being rivals to being collaborators for the greater good of the forum. Sort've like that episode of Transformers where Optimus Prime and Megatron had to team up to defeat the spore epidemic that was taking over the whole earth.
    I don't see where we started a rivalry.

  13. #63
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top 3 players in Sunday's game @ Thunder

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMurphy3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see where we started a rivalry.
    Just a little tongue-in-cheek humor. Plus I've been looking for a good opportunity to make a geeky Transformers anology for a long time (once again, tongue-firmly-placed in cheek).
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Similar Threads

  1. Plus-Minus explanation please
    By pristinecollector in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
  2. These players might be available?
    By RamBo_Lamar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 01:57 PM
  3. Odd thoughts about the Miami game
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
  4. The PD NBA Draft - Selection 7 - LA Clippers
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 10:59 AM
  5. Bill Simmons-Page 2-'Free fallin' out into nothing'
    By Will Galen in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 09:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •