Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember the Name: Brandon Rush

Default Remember the Name: Brandon Rush

After reading the article by Sixty Feet, Six Inches, it inspired me to write this article. The story is spectacular. Brandon Rush came into the NBA as a nobody. Now, he is a somebody. Rush's story really speaks to me and that is why I wrote it:

Remember this name. This name, you will hear about for years to come. It's like Fort Minor's "Remember the Name." Rush has a good story. His basketball skills have come from both of his siblings, Kareem and JaRon Rush.

2007: Planning the Draft is Delayed

After averaging 13.8 points, five rebounds, and two assists per game, Brandon Rush declared for the 2007 NBA Draft. But in May 2007, Rush tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

It did stink.

But luckily, on June first, 2007, Rush fixed it by surgery on his torn ACL. He returned to the Kansas Jayhawks for another year.

And it was good that Brandon did that.

2007 Season: The Miracle in Kansas

Rush had a solid year: 13.3 points per game, five rebounds, and two assists per game, again. Rush went into the NCAA tournament and was solid. He was the man of the starting line-up, along with Mario Chalmers.

In the surprising win over North Carolina, Brandon Rush was named the player of that game as he had 25 points and seven rebounds. After that game, Rush was rated the number one small forward, according to Rivals.com.

Rush was also named the MVP of the Big 12 tournament. He was also averaging close to 16 points per game in the six NCAA tournament games. The Jayhawks won the NCAA tournament and Rush declared himself for the NBA draft after that.

Brandon Rush Joins Blazers

Brandon Rush was selected as the 13th overall pick in the NBA draft. He was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers. Brandon Rush looked to be a great player with the Blazers. It looked to be a one-three punch of Jarrett Jack, Brandon Rush, and Brandon Roy.

It turned out, it didn't happen. Not at all!

Brandon Rush Joins Pacers

Rush was involved in a trade with the Pacers. It was Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack, and Josh McRoberts to the Pacers for Jerryd Bayless and Ike Diogu. It turned out that Rush would fit right in with the team.

Brandon Rush Becomes a Star

Brandon Rush has been so successful with the Pacers. He has been involving greatly. As of now, he is averaging seven points, three rebounds, and close to one assist (0.9) per game.

He started evolving on March 28th against the Chicago Bulls. His highest points per game was 22 before the game. But today, he did amazing. He and Danny Granger became a one-two punch.

Rush had 29 points in the 112-106 loss to the Chicago Bulls. But the Pacers, 32-44, still have a chance of making the playoffs. Brandon Rush has just been amazing. But that wasn't the end of it.

In the next game, resulting in a 124-115 win over the Wizards, Rush scored a career-high, again, 29 points. In his last two games, he had 58 points, 14 rebounds, and three assists. One heck of a two games Rush has had.

Even though he had only three very good games this year, he really is doing good, filling in for Mike Dunleavy.

Now that Mike Dunleavy is injured, Rush is the starting shooting guard. He is doing a great job at it. I would really like to see Rush win the Sixth Man of the Year award. Can he? He could. I wouldn't be that surprised if he won Rookie of the Year! But that might go to some other heavily contestants.

Rush could win that.

Although this is his rookie year, he looks to become a favorable player for years to come. He can be a dominant player. Can Rush do it? Yes he can. Brandon Rush will be the name everyone will be talking about in the future. With his quickness and strength Rush can do it.

Brandon Rush. "Oh yeah, I remember that guy. He was a beast. That guy is, no doubt, a Hall-of-Famer. I always remember that guy." And so will you.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Remember the Name: Brandon Rush

Brandon Rush came into the NBA as a nobody. Now, he is a somebody. Rush's story really speaks to me and that is why I wrote it:
    Huh? An NCAA champion and lottery pick is a nobody?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

sorry about that. a little mistake. sorry about that man

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

Thanks for reading my blog. Always appreciated.

One time as I was talking to my dad, I asked him who he thinks Rush played like and who he has the potential to become. My dad came up with Ray Allen while I came up with Joe Johnson. Both big names. However, Rush winning sixth man or rookie of the year? I wouldn't believe it even in my dreams. Brandon Rush has the skills to become a star in this league, but not yet.

The rocket is almost set, and preparing for take off.

I think it was in sarcasm or something. Rush won't come in the top-10 in either 6th man or ROY voting.

He may as well have said Rush will win the MVP, or wind up in the hall of fame, or something ridiculous like that...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

ok kstat i get it

your welcome sixty feet six inches

that is cool PacersRule

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Um.... at least you're enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it was in sarcasm or something. Rush won't come in the top-10 in either 6th man or ROY voting.

He may as well have said Rush will win the MVP, or wind up in the hall of fame, or something ridiculous like that...
    Lay off.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

Rush will also be the first man to set foot on Mars.

You'll probably tell us that's hype too!

-Bball "sure wish the game was on TV"
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

shut up. whats your problem

hey kstat and bball,

if you gonna stay this nonsense bull crap, i dont even think you guys are pacers fans at all

On any Pacer fan message board you are going to find people who have incredibly rosy views of the team and some of the players that may be, in your mind, unrealistic. I don't think Rush is ever going to be more than a 4th option on a good team but if someone thinks otherwise, I think they should be allowed to express that on a fan message board without being ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksballer58 View Post
    hey kstat and bball,

if you gonna stay this nonsense bull crap, i dont even think you guys are pacers fans at all
    This is unnecessary. If you can't take people's criticism, you won't be around here long. Just giving you the heads up.

ok man

K has been kind of edgy/combative lately.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

rocksballer - i thought it was a nice job and very thoughtfully done. keep your head up and keep working on your writing. despite the criticism, if you can take it the right way, this is a nice site for you to practice and get feedback from others despite how harsh it may seem. kstat and the others are fair and nice people, just doing a little "freshman" hazing. enjoy and welcome.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

ok thanks kaufman

hey kstat and bball,

I was just teasing Kstat... I've not read your piece yet. But I agree with you about Kstat. He's just not a Pacer fan!

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Hall of famer?????????????????
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    K has been kind of edgy/combative lately.
    Must be all the excitement for the Pistons making the playoffs.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Must be all the excitement for the Pistons making the playoffs.
    Bummer, you beat me to it lmao.
    Oh well, nicely played sir.

rocksballer58,
    You've certainly went out on a limb with your predictions. I'd recommend growing a thicker skin if you're going to go that far away from mainstream thinking... regardless if you are predicting sunshine and lollipops or dark clouds and nuclear winter.

Saying Brandon Rush was a nobody in order to create some drama about how far he's come was a little hyperbole and Kstat called you out on it. Kstat is good at that.

I only glanced at your piece at first and planned to read it later (which I now have). My comment was solely directed at Kstat. Part of the reason I didn't read your post more closely the first time was because I noticed mention of Rush winning the 6th man of the year award. From that I gathered you were going to be talking about next year and making predictions that would have some indepth analysis about next season. Not the kind of thing to read in a hurry.

I now see you were apparently touting Rush for 6th man THIS year. Has Rush even been in the 6th man role much at all? Early on he was benched in favor of Graham. When he started seeing much consistent daylight again he pretty much jumped into the starter role by default and then ran with that. He's looked pretty good since then but that's not as a 6th man. It's also arrived too late for consideration as rookie of the year.

I'm pleased that you're excited about Brandon Rush. I think Rush can certainly have a role with this team but I'm not ready to join you out on that limb predicting such lofty accolades just yet. Frankly, he doesn't have to reach such high ideals to have a successful role with the Pacers or long NBA career. The basis is there to believe he could be our starting SG of the future but there's a lot of career in front of him to solidify that or lose it.

------

-John Wooden

hey kstat and bball,

I'm Not?

That crazy old man in church was right!

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I don't think Rush is ever going to be more than a 4th option on a good team
    Statements like this drive me insane!!!!!! I actually think we've found our shooting guard of the future. By that, I don't mean I think we've found the next Reggie Miller. I mean that Brandon Rush will be at least super solid, and more than filler for the 5-man on floor requirement. For goodness sake, look at the last few NBA champions and tell me how valuable the "Brandon Rush" type players were to those clubs. I would put Bruce Bowen, late years Ron Harper, Kenny Smith, Toni Kukoc into that category. Yhey were huge playing off the big name guys. The NBA championship rosters don't consist of 12 all stars. Not every player should be judged on star potential to measure their impact on a team. Championship teams mostly consisted of a couple of superstars, dedicated role players, and impeccable teamwork (or in Detroit's case, the last 2).