Thread: ESPN says McGrady officially a Rocket

Default ESPN says McGrady officially a Rocket

Said it on the bottom of the screen a few minutes ago.

To Houston:

McGrady
    Lue
    Howard
    Gaines

To Orlando:

Francis
    Mobley
    Cato

Default Re: ESPN says McGrady officially a Rocket

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Just beat me to it

"June 29, 2004 - Houston Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson announced today that the team has acquired two-time NBA scoring champion Tracy McGrady, forward Juwan Howard, and guards Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines from the Orlando Magic. The Rockets sent guards Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley and forward/center Kelvin Cato to Orlando in the seven-player trade.

McGrady joins the Rockets after becoming just the ninth player in NBA history to win consecutive scoring titles, leading the NBA with a career-high 32.1 points per game during the 2002-2003 season and scoring a league-high 28.0 points per game this past season. In NBA history, only Wilt Chamberlain and Bob McAdoo won T-MAC multiple scoring titles at a younger age than McGrady, who followed Kobe Bryant as the second-youngest player all-time to reach 10,000 career points.

A four-time NBA All-Star, the 25-year old guard leaves the Magic as the franchise’s all-time leader in both regular season and postseason scoring average, posting 28.1 points per game in 295 regular season games and scoring 32.0 points per game in 15 postseason games.

Over the last four seasons, the seven-year veteran has earned All-NBA First Team honors twice (2002, 2003) and All-NBA Second Team recognition twice (2001, 2004). Overall, the 6-8, 210-pound graduate of Mount Zion Christian Academy has averaged 21.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 1.32 steals and 1.17 blocks in 487 career games with Toronto and Orlando.

Howard
    Howard comes to Houston after ranking second on the Magic with 17.0 points per game last season, while leading the team with 7.0 rebounds per game. The 6-9, 230-pound forward possesses career averages of 17.8 points (on .471 shooting) and 7.4 rebounds in 730 games with Washington, Dallas, Denver and Orlando. A graduate of the University of Michigan, Howard earned All-NBA Third Team honors and NBA All-Star recognition when he averaged a career-high 22.1 points during the 1995-96 season.

Lue
    Lue averaged career highs of 10.5 points and 4.2 assists last season in Orlando. The 6-0, 178-pound Nebraska product established himself as a starter in his first season with the Magic after five years as a valuable reserve with the LA Lakers and Washington. Lue played on consecutive championship teams with the Lakers in 2000 and 2001.

Gaines
    Gaines saw limited playing time last season as a rookie with the Magic, averaging 1.8 points in 9.6 minutes. Selected by Orlando with the 15th overall pick of the 2003 NBA Draft, the 6-6, 205-pound guard left Louisville ranked fourth in school history with 1,945 career points.

Francis averaged 19.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 6.2 assists in five years with the Rockets. Mobley posted averages of 17.1 points and 4.0 rebounds in six seasons with Houston. After two years in Portland, Cato averaged 6.2 points and 6.2 rebounds in five years with the Rockets."

Soucre: NBA.com

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Houston -

Lue/Gaines/Wilks
    Tmac/Piatkowski
    Jackson/Nachbar/Griffin
    Juwan Howard/Taylor
    Yao/Weatherspoon

Wow, they sure need some PG help. Jax is a FA, and they drafted Luis Flores at #55, but come on. Just look at the other PG's in their division (Davis, Nash, Parker, Williams.) Ouch.

Orlando -

Francis/Nelson
    Mobley/Stevenson/Bogans
    Hill/Gooden
    Dwight Howard/Garrity
    Cato/Declerq

Even with Hill healthy, does this team scare anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Even if Howard makes like Amare, I just don't see them being over .500.
    ---
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

If Hill plays, they will win over 41 games.

Liquid Slap

Just checking to see if my username still works.??? Looks like it does. Do I have to recreate my signature though?
    [edit=253=1088546164][/edit]

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good Finally the Tmac Madness will end

I never thought I'd be so relieved not to get a superstar, but I'm glad all this is over.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Hill plays, they will win over 41 games.
    I don't know about that. I don't see him having much patience for Francis and Mobley's me-first attitudes, and I don't see the coach helping in that regard, or any other, for that matter.

---
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Houston just raped Orlando stupid. :

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wouldn't it be hilarious if T-Mac reupped with the Rockets, then Yao left as a FA?

Who cares? I'm so tired of these rumors. What we were missing is a big Center and a 2 who can create and score. The center was addressed in the draft. Bird/Walsh WILL address the 2. This will be done for the benefit of the team, not the detriment. There is no addition by subtraction on this team like there was with the McKey and Schrempf trade, so we will get value in a trade for Al or whomever. Period.

McGrady going to the West screws him out of being an All-Star starter and weakens the Magic overall. Francis will never be a big winner in this league. And neither will Orlando.

It's between us and Detroit and if Rashweed doesn't re-sign with Detroit (which is a strong possibility) we are the default best team in the NBA-San Antonio and Detroit a close second. So, let's show some faith in our braintrust (Walsh, Bird, Carlisle) and be patient.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.