Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Do we like Jason Terry?

  1. #1
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Do we like Jason Terry?

    Insider suggests a Harrington for Terry swap - not sure if it jives with salaries, but my first reaction was, hell yes.

    I am not sure, however, if Terry is a 1 or a 2 - maybe that is the problem. The only thing I know about Terry is from what I see of him against us - he torches us.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I would love to have JT.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    no please.

    No more combo guards. one is more than enough and we have freddie.

    i dont like small sgs, and terry is one terrible pg.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I don't care how tall he is. The guy can shoot. And that's really all we need.

  5. #5
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    A backcourt of Tinsley and Terry scares me to death. I don't want that.

    Terry's game is that of a shooting guard, but if he plays that position then you need to have a big point guard.

    Terry would be the perfect 3rd guard, playing both spots, but as a starter, no thanks

  6. #6
    Member Dukins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    911
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I like Jason Terry but it will not bode will for us having to small guards. If we could possibly get stephen jackson in the deal i would go for that.


    2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

  7. #7
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I don't know whether i like him or not. I don't think we'll get him though.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I still don't understand the fascination with Jason.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I don't think so, but not for sure.

    I think Indiana should now just focus on getting a shooting guard. Sign one or trade Harrington.

  10. #10
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I'd take Terry in a heartbeat.

    I've seen him against other teams than the Pacers and he isn't going to give up much more in defense on the perimeter than Reggie does, in spite of his size.

    Offensively, he can bang it in over defenders who are a lot bigger than he is. He's not really going to pound his way down the post against a bigger defender, buit we want someone who can quick off the dribble or pop an outside shot and Terry can do.

    Freddie may be Terry at some point, but I want Terry now, frankly.

    Imagine Terry coming in for Reg, playing some 2 minutes then sliding to 1 when Fred comes in for Mel.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  11. #11
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    He can shoot.I won't be mad if we get him.But if we can't get him go for Jamal Crawford.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  12. #12
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    If he were to be traded to the Pacers I would love him. If he doesn't come here then I say he sucks!:P
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,395

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    Do I like Terry?? Hell, yes!!
    The guy is an offensive presence. A strong one. And on a defensive minded team like this one, he could be a real catalyst.

    I agree with Bill that Terry would be no bigger a liablity than Reggie, but with a WHOLE lot better upside.

    Does the though of tow small guards being in at the same time bother me? Not really. Why? Look at the title winning Detroit Pistons.

    No, not the recent ones.

    The ones from around 1990. Dumars...Thomas...Vinnie Johnson. The Psitons made other teams adjust to them, not the other way around.

    Whereas some of you say we'd get posted up a lot, I say we'd run the other team ragged.

    Terry's problem is that he's been forced to play at the one spot. Let him be a 2 and that's it.

    Salry-wise, a Terry trade is kinda tough straight up. HAwks onyl have 4 players under contract right now for trade purposes and odds are it would have to be a 2 for 2 trade...along with the fact that Terry, I think, gets right of refusal, if he wants.

    But Doug, I say with this coaching staff, any defensive liabilities posed by Terry would be greatly minimized.


    (PS- Am I the only Netscape user on this forum?? With all the viruses targeted for IE, I'm surpsried folks aren't finding alternatives.)
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  14. #14
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (PS- Am I the only Netscape user on this forum?? With all the viruses targeted for IE, I'm surpsried folks aren't finding alternatives.)
    I'm running Firefox/Mozilla and LOVE it!!!!!


  15. #15

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I'd rate Terry above Flip and Crawford and below Mobley.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  16. #16
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,636

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rate Terry above Flip and Crawford and below Mobley.
    Perfectly put!

    I think that People forget that Jason's run at point the last two years have been pretty successful. I even think he averaged more assists than Tinsley.



    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd rate Terry above Flip and Crawford and below Mobley.
    Perfectly put!

    I think that People forget that Jason's run at point the last two years have been pretty successful. I even think he averaged more assists than Tinsley.



    The last 3 years, Tinsley has averaged more asts.
    The last 2 years, Tinsley has averaged less TO's.

    Plus he's done it in less minutes than Terry.

    Terry is 6'2''. His shooting has been dropping off, and his pg skills are mediocre at best. From teh times i HAVE seen him play, he's not a playmaker at all. His assists don't come from running an offense. HE just gets so many minutes and touches that he gets assists here and there.

    Offensively he is pretty potent, but not potent enough in my opinion to pair him up with Tinsley in the backcourt. The defensive liability would be too great.

    Tinsley is an offensive quarterback. He gets the ball where it needs to go to put the team in the position to score. He's the only player on the team capable of pushing the rock as a distributer consistently.

    But I do agree that i would put Terry above flip and below mobley. Dont even get me started on FLip Murray.....
    [edit=221=1088541472][/edit]

  18. #18

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do I like Terry?? Hell, yes!!
    The guy is an offensive presence. A strong one. And on a defensive minded team like this one, he could be a real catalyst.

    I agree with Bill that Terry would be no bigger a liablity than Reggie, but with a WHOLE lot better upside.

    Does the though of tow small guards being in at the same time bother me? Not really. Why? Look at the title winning Detroit Pistons.

    No, not the recent ones.

    The ones from around 1990. Dumars...Thomas...Vinnie Johnson. The Psitons made other teams adjust to them, not the other way around.

    Whereas some of you say we'd get posted up a lot, I say we'd run the other team ragged.

    Terry's problem is that he's been forced to play at the one spot. Let him be a 2 and that's it.

    Salry-wise, a Terry trade is kinda tough straight up. HAwks onyl have 4 players under contract right now for trade purposes and odds are it would have to be a 2 for 2 trade...along with the fact that Terry, I think, gets right of refusal, if he wants.

    But Doug, I say with this coaching staff, any defensive liabilities posed by Terry would be greatly minimized.


    (PS- Am I the only Netscape user on this forum?? With all the viruses targeted for IE, I'm surpsried folks aren't finding alternatives.)

    Comparing
    Tinsley and Terry to Isiah and Dumars defensively (or offensively for that matter) is a laugher. Terry is not capable of guarding sgs. Dumars was built to guard the 1, 2 and even 3 if he needed. He is bigger, taller, stronger and more defensive minded than Terry will ever become. He is one of the greatest defenders under 6'4'' in the history of the NBA. The only players i can even think of offhand that can compare of Gary Payton and Sidney Moncrief (never seen moncrief play, there im going by what ive heard)

    And Thomas was one of the quickest players ever.
    He must have averaged almost 2 steals a game for his career. Tinsley is pretty quick, and is a pretty good thief, but Thomas could snatch that ball whenver he wanted.

    I dont want a small SG. Unless he's Joe Dumars circa 1990. In a LOT of ways Terry would be a greater defensive liability than REggie. There are much better options out there. Pretty much if he's over 6'5'' and can shoot better than Terry and his suspect jumper, then bring him on.

    [edit=221=1088540961][/edit]

  19. #19
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,991

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    I think that pretty much settles my view on Terry too than, lets NOT get him. You just convinced me.
    [edit=198=1088540798][/edit]
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  20. #20
    Member Snickers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    True
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,614

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .... You just convinced me.
    Not orange!?
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

  21. #21
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,991

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    :P
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  22. #22
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: Do we like Jason Terry?

    No.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

    Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

    Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •