Thread: Corey Maggette

J-Wont

Default Corey Maggette

has anyone thought about the possibility of aquiring this guy? He's a 20 a game scorer and he's, I believe, 2nd in the NBA in free throw attempts. He's playing SF for the Clippers but he also can play SG, which his 6'6" 228 body is more suited for.
    I would Love for Indiana to snatch this guy up. He's a 24 year old superstar in the making, and would be our SG for the present and the future.
    Here's a trade I proposed that could possibly get him here. Keep in mind the Clippers aren't the brightest orginization around.

Indiana Trades
    Al Harrington
    Fred Jones

LA Clippers Trade
    Corey Maggette

Why Indiana does it: Al wants to start and has asked to be traded, he gets his wish in Los Angeles. Maggette played sf for LA last year, but he's just as effective (and at 6'6" 225 more suited) at shooting guard. Corey gives the Pacers more scoring and a replacement for Reggie. Reggie goes to the bench and takes Fred Jones spot as backup SG.
    New rotation:
    Tinsley/FA or Johnson/Brewer/Wright
    Maggette/Miller/Artest
    Artest/Bender/Maggette
    O'Neal/Croshere/Bender
    Foster/Harrison/Pollard

Why Clippers does it: They up their rostor quality. Harrington can take over the starting SF spot for Maggette, where his 6'9" 250 lb. frame is much more suited than Maggettes. He's not as good offensively as Maggette, but he's considerably better defensively and he's a better rebounder. Fred Jones backs up Q at the 2 spot. Right now the Clippers Eddie House as their backup shooting guard so Jones would be a huge improvement.
    New Rotation:
    Jaric/Dooling/Livingston/Overton/Chalmers
    Q/Jones/House
    Harrington/Simmons/Barnes
    Brand/Wilcox/Harrington
    Kaman/Ely/Moore

RA231

Default Re: Corey Maggette

I like Maggette, but I would prefer Quentin Richardson. Q-Rich would be a little bit cheaper. He could be invovled in a S&T for Harrington and maybe a future 1st. Im not a big fan of Maggette, but he is a good player and I would take him for that deal if we do not get Q-Rich.

The Clippers I believe are looking to build on Maggette and Brand so it would be hard to get him.
    [edit=75=1088534641][/edit]
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Considering that the Clips might have to let QRich go this summer, I see no reason why they would trade their only quality SG for a backup SG and a PF when they already HAVE one of the game's top PFs in Elton Brand.

I see no reason why the Clips make this deal. Harrington is not a small forward, though he can play there on occasion.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004