Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Game Thread: Pacers beat Chicago

Default Re: Post Game Thread: Pacers beat Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All in all there still is a postive vibe exiting this year. Bird has to build upon that for next season and we could see great things from this team.
    I agree. Assuming the Pacers are able to keep Jack, we could head into next season with this lineup:

Jack, Rush, Granger, Murphy, Hibbert
    Bench: Ford, Dunleavy, Foster
    If needed: Diener, Graham, McRoberts

That's a solid 8 man rotation. If we can grab another Rush/Hibbert level player from this draft, we'll really be in a pretty good position. Also, I think we're in a pretty good position to be able to draft any player on the board, which is exactly where you want to be heading into the draft. I'd flinch a bit if we drafted a single-position C or SF, but it wouldn't be terrible.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This year we need to draft talent. Talent even if we draft another PG.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    I'm not quite sure where to start. This was a nice win. I gave up on the playoffs a long time ago, but I still want them to win every night. There's probably something wrong with me.
    Same here.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Same here.
    Me three

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I hope a lot of you were able to hear Troy Murphy after the game.

He gave the coaching staff a lot of credit for keeping the team prepared and playing hard. He also said this is the best locker room he's been in during his 8 year career
    He also didn't say because it's pretty embarrassing - "this is the winningest team I've ever been on in the NBA".

Not quite, but darn close. Dun's situation is obviously virtually the same. It's dumbfounding to think that these are guys who have yet to play in 38 wins in one season, let alone see their team with or without them go over .500.

W-L in games played by Troy (team W-L while with team)
    GSW
    01-02 21-61 (same)
    02-03 37-42 (38-44)
    03-04 13-15 (37-45)
    04-05 30-40 (34-48)
    05-06 30-44 (34-48)
    06-07 10-16 (19-20)
    INDY
    06-07 14-28 (15-28)
    07-08 33-42 (36-46)
    08-09 26-40 (32-43)

Few losses Troy has experienced in a season - 44. If the Pacers can avoid losing more than 1 game the rest of the way he can tie that.

A reminder that the roster of his best team so far:
    Arenas
    Jamison
    Jason Richardson
    Dun (natch)
    Boykins
    Sura

Seems like a roster that could eventually score plenty of points.

Why do we care what Troy Murphy thinks of the locker room? I'll wait until he's part of a team that makes the playoffs before what he thinks is a good locker room matters to me. I don't mean to be overly snippy, but Troy Murphy is a career loser... great, this is the best locker room in his history of losing. Striking endorsement.

It would be far different if that statement came from say... Rasho, who's actually been a part of a good team before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Why do we care what Troy Murphy thinks of the locker room? I'll wait until he's part of a team that makes the playoffs before what he thinks is a good locker room matters to me. I don't mean to be overly snippy, but Troy Murphy is a career loser... great, this is the best locker room in his history of losing. Striking endorsement.

It would be far different if that statement came from say... Rasho, who's actually been a part of a good team before.
    OK - fair enough - I found it interesting and it backs up what I have heard all season long. Also backs up that JO and JT were the problems and they had to go - figured that was good to know - good to know that we don't have any locker room problem guys. Are you saying that if we heard Granger doesn't get along with Rush - that that would not be a problem. What if we heard that Granger is hated in the locker room or that he was causing problems within the team. Are you saying that wouldn't matter

But yes the record speaks for itself, but as we move forward it is important to know what guys you can go forward with

I do see your point, I agree a cohesive locker room is superior to a non cohesive one all things being equal, but I guess I just don't value locker room cohesion 1/1000th of what I value winning.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to poke you, just trying to express that winning is a far greater thing.

To add to / illustrate that thought, if Rush and Granger hated each other, but we won 50 games, then SWEET. I really just don't care how well they get along compared to winning ball games.
    Last edited by Dece; 04-01-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: additional thought added.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's been shown numerous times, especially here in Pacerland, that if your lockerroom doesn't get a long then success is short lived.

Chemistry off the court is very important. They don't have to hangout and be pals, but they atleast need to respect and be able to have a positive relationship with each other.

It's also been shown, here in Pacerland, that if you ditch all your talent in an attempt to solve all your problems... you have 0 chance at success. Is there some balance? Of course, we tend to debate these things in a black in white fashion and they aren't black in white in reality, but the truth of the NBA is, if you aren't talented, you aren't winning.

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    Ford took a terrible shot.. he is so lucky he hit it.
    He took the same game winning shot in Philadelphia when we were really short handed. He has a good eye for the basket for someone who's just 6 feet.

Thumbs up Re: Post Game Thread: Pacers beat Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I was able to go to the game, it was good stuff. Crowd seemed lively, even if not a full house.

Granger is impressive, man... this was the first game I've been to this year, he looks visibly more athletic and powerful this year, something I didn't catch watching the games from my living room. His shot is so sweet. And I noticed this --- when Granger catches the ball out behind the line, the entire crowd builds up just like we used to do when Reggie used to catch and set behind the line. You just have this feeling you're about to have 3 more points on the board. It's nice to feel that again.

Rush looks like he belongs out there, he's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. It was nice to see McRoberts get some meaningful playing time. I just wish Diener had made it out there, I love that kid.

+1000

and I totally agree x2 about Diener

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo

I don't think it has been mentioned, but our defense was really good at the end of the game.....most notably when it counted. In the final 4 minutes and 26 seconds of the game......we went 13-4 to close out the game.

Question to all of you...I recall that we had a lineup of TJ/Jack/BRush/Granger/Murphy to close out the game. In ImaginationLand where there is no such thing as an "injured Pacer", next season ( assuming that we do not make any major moves )....if we had a healthy lineup and JO'B had the option to put anyone in the lineup....who would you want to finish out the game?

Assuming that Jack is still here....I like a better Defensive PG/SG/SF lineup of Jack/BRush/Granger....but I can see some benefits ( if the matchup is right ) to have TJ as the PG ( just for the "clutch" factor ) if we needed to make a huge basket ( like he did yesterday night ) on a possession.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    +1000

and I totally agree x2 about Diener

My guess O'Brien wasn't comfortable playing him against the Bulls guards of Hinrich, Rose, and Gordon; and felt they would abuse him.

If Foster had played, my guess is that McBob wouldn't have gotten off of the pine either. JMOAA

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    My guess O'Brien wasn't comfortable playing him against the Bulls guards of Hinrich, Rose, and Gordon; and felt they would abuse him.

If Foster had played, my guess is that McBob wouldn't have gotten off of the pine either. JMOAA
    I think both are very safe assumptions.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson