Thread: Pacers Digest draft idea

Default Pacers Digest draft idea

I know for the last few years, we've done a mock draft where we've all voted on who we think will be selected where and then the player with the most votes goes to that team.

Everyone has their opinions of which player will be the best, or which player has potential, but a lot of times there's so much conversation over multiple players that the predictions are a wash.

Since around this time of year, we all feel we're scouts and have our opinions of which of the players will be busts or stars.

Now I know this will not work for everyone due to work and other obligations, and I know it's still early, but how about this idea on draft night.......

For those near a computer or internet device watching the draft, how about when the Pacers are on the clock, we post who they should draft with that pick.

There's no pipe dreams of players that are off the board, and we can keep the threads alive and look back on who actually got it right or at least got close.

The recruiting center thread gave me the idea with someone opinions going on about talent there.

Granted trades could ruin the moment, but we're on the clock, just like the Pacers are on the clock. We have to digest (no pun intended) who's still available, our needs, what we've seen, what we heard and pick who WE feel the Pacers SHOULD select, not guess who we THINK they WILL select.

I know we have the draft thread where folks discuss all the picks and express their opinions there, but we should have one thread, where during our pick.. whomever is available posts who they select for the Pacers at that time.

If we continue to bump the threads, we can look back on our selections to see how the players turned out.

Just an idea, and it may be stupid, but I thought it sounded interesting

Feel free to chime in on your thoughts

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Digest draft idea

Sounds good, start the thread! Draft day is probably one of my favorite days of the year as far as sports goes. (and will be until the Pacers get good). Great excuse to order a pizza, buy some beer, and watch something pretty interesting. Of course this should be describing the playoffs but the draft is the next best thing.

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not for it replacing the voting on each team. That sounds like a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not for it replacing the voting on each team. That sounds like a good time.
    Not trying to replace anything. I'm hoping the mock still happens as well.

I just want it for Pacers picks

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i like this, we could do both.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Terrance Williams.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

I like this idea.

I also like the idea of doing an "experts"-type mock draft. This would be where we have everybody who wants to be involved pick 1, 2, or 3 teams (depending on how much interest there is). Then we do a mock draft with each team's "expert" making their pick.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie