Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers beat the Wiz

Sports Logo

Default Post Game Thread - Pacers beat the Wiz

The Pacers win another game at home....this time...we didn't keep the opposing Team below 100.....and we're still 4 game behind.....but that's okay......we're pretty much out of the race now anyway........the story of the game was BRush's performance.

Although it took 4/5 of the season........BRush has slowly emerged from his rookie cocoon, continued to show what he can do on his defense and has built confidence in his scoring and shooting. He has put up two consecutive 29+ point games and even pulled down 10+ rebounds to boot.

Not bad.....I was thinking that he wouldn't be ready to take on a huge # of minutes a the SG spot until 1/2 way through his sophomore season....but I think he'll be ready by the start of Training camp next season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-29-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers beat the Wiz

Yeah, I agree. This should show him exactly what he needs to do in order to succeed at this level, so he can spend the summer working on it. He didn't get to play on the summer team last year, so this should be a good summer for him. I'm hoping Danny takes him under his wing and they form a good friendship, since I'm hoping they start together for the next decade.

You don't have to be friends with guys in order to play well together, but it sure doesn't hurt.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not bad.....I was thinking that he wouldn't be ready to take on a huge # of minutes a the SG spot until 1/2 way through his sophomore season....but I think he'll be ready by the start of Training camp next season.
    I think he would have received more minutes earlier in the year but he couldn't buy a field goal.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 03-29-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

He is really putting a clamp on that starter spot, which is great because whenever dunleavy finally returns he can slide right in as 6th man which is probably the ideal situation anyway. Loving that wing rotation.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

We have to rank in atleast the top 5 of wingspan for the starting 2/3 on a team, both rush and granger have really long arms. Any one care to find out both there wing spans?

Beside the great play from Rush and Granger (which we are accustomed to now), I loved how the fans were into the game. Considering that the Pacers arent selling many tickets and fans dont really come to games no more, it was nice to see the crowd cheering in the game and showing appreciation.

We have a solid 'swingman core' now with Granger and Rush. We have something to look forward to in the 2 and 3 sport
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldWayne View Post
    We have to rank in atleast the top 5 of wingspan for the starting 2/3 on a team, both rush and granger have really long arms. Any one care to find out both there wing spans?
    Granger = 7'2" wingspan
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...e-Workout-183/

Rush = 6'11" wingspan
    http://ballhype.com/story/brandon_rush/

WOW!!!
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

The game was a wonder to watch. JOB made a very true statement on the postgame show..."With Danny and Brandon on each side of the wing, they can be tough." During the game they said Murphy might return next game against the Bulls. Can't wait!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    He is really putting a clamp on that starter spot, which is great because whenever dunleavy finally returns he can slide right in as 6th man which is probably the ideal situation anyway. Loving that wing rotation.
    As we have seen and discussed in the recent "solid defensive" efforts from the Pacers ( before this game ), it's become clear that we need to really get more atheletic defensive players that can complement the less-athletically-and-defensively inclined players ( like Ford, Dunleavy and Murphy ). I'm hoping that by the start of the next season, that TPTB continue to give BRush the bulk of the minutes that Marquis had and that we acquire/draft/sign some more defensive-minded players to complement Dunleavy's eventual shift to a 6th-man position.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-29-2009 at 10:59 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

As we have seen and discussed in the recent "solid defensive" efforts from the Pacers ( before this game ), it's become clear that we need to really get more atheletic defensive players that can complement the less-athletically-and-defensively declined players ( like Ford, Dunleavy and Murphy ). I'm hoping that by the start of the next season, that TPTB continue to give BRush the bulk of the minutes that Marquis had and that we acquire/draft/sign some more defensive-minded players to complement Dunleavy's eventual shift to a 6th-man position.
    Personally, recovery withstanding, I see dun as more of a future piece than Troy or TJ. So hopefully replacing those two with more defensive minded players eventually helps alleviate this problem. Mike is capable of being a 20 PPG scorer and that is nice to have coming off the bench, especially behind two pretty athletic and capable defenders like Brandon and Danny.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Personally, recovery withstanding, I see dun as more of a future piece than Troy or TJ. So hopefully replacing those two with more defensive minded players eventually helps alleviate this problem. Mike is capable of being a 20 PPG scorer and that is nice to have coming off the bench, especially behind two pretty athletic and capable defenders like Brandon and Danny.
    The issue with Dunleavy is after the 2011 season, what is he going to be asking in respect to salary? Theres no way we can afford to pay him around the $9 million mark that he is getting now.

Also, we dont know how his knee is going to react after this surgery that he just had. But overall, I dont see him as the future 6th man on our team. I think hes going to be asking for too much money.

We need to put our focus on our big man and get an additional big man in there to help them out. I truely beleive that we are one big man away from being a competitive playoff team. We have solid PG play, from Ford and Jack, we have solid wing play, from Rush and Granger, put our big man arent that great!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    The issue with Dunleavy is after the 2011 season, what is he going to be asking in respect to salary? Theres no way we can afford to pay him around the $9 million mark that he is getting now.

Also, we dont know how his knee is going to react after this surgery that he just had. But overall, I dont see him as the future 6th man on our team. I think hes going to be asking for too much money.
    And what would make you think that?

Regardless, there's two years to go between now and 2011. I'm hopeful that Dun can come back at full strength, because a Dun/Rush/Granger wing rotation is great.
    Last edited by Anthem; 03-29-2009 at 10:28 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i don't think dunleavy would do that. He's too much of a class act. He knows his place.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

this is really impressive. We know Danny is a great weak side shot blocker, he is actually 1st in the league in blocks per game among small forwards in the NBA. We have also seen a lot of really nice blocks this year by Rush, I think he easily can average a block a game next year with his quick feet, good vert, and that wingspan. Weve seen him run down a number of fast break lay ups by the opponent and block them.

A lot of people bash DG's defense, and while he can certainly improve, theres no way he is a below average defender. We know he is skilled in blocking shots, he needs to improve his defensive awareness, but his 1 on 1 perimeter defense is really not that bad. Hes got good stance for his long legs and good hands as well, hes got a lot of potential on that end. I think he is gna come out next year with much improved defense, because he knows he has to.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...nba/index.html

Good to see Rush getting noticed around the NBA, not just us pacers fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    And what would make you think that?

Regardless, there's two years to go between now and 2011. I'm hopeful that Dun can come back at full strength, because a Dun/Rush/Granger wing rotation is great.
    my concern is, how are we going to afford to resign Dunleavy? His asking price is probably going to be too much

Sports Logo

my concern is, how are we going to afford to resign Dunleavy? His asking price is probably going to be too much
    Dunleavy will be 31 by the time that his contract comes up. Why do you think that his asking price will be too high?

Dunleavy will be 31 by the time that his contract comes up. Why do you think that his asking price will be too high?
    Because of his current contract. If he got a contract similar to Fosters, then I would be all for keeping Dunleavy.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...nba/index.html

Good to see Rush getting noticed around the NBA, not just us pacers fans!
    Legen...wait for it...DARY!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

good to see Rush playing so well after looking so awful earlier in the season.

Hibbert REALLY has to cut down on the fouls.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

I liked the large group of people yelling "Josh - Mc - Rob - erts" during the second half. You could see Josh laughing about it. Too bad he got in with only 23 seconds left.

I got shots of those McBob guys. They were in 114, and we were in 104. Heard them yelling several times during Pacer free throws, so figured I'd get a couple frames of them. My friend and I stopped at a Pizza King in Anderson on the way home and ran into those guys there. Got an email address and am gonna send them the shots I took. Great guys, great postgame story for us...one of those "what're the odds" stories that makes going to Pacer games golden...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Check out this box score. I've never seen anything quite like it. Small forward for the Pacers scored 31 points. So did the small forward for the Wiz. The point guard for the Pacers scored 19 points, so did the point guard for the Wiz. The center for the Pacers scored 12 points, so did the center for the Wiz.

After that it gets a bit different, but the Pacers have guys in the starting lineup scoring 6 and 29, so do the Wiz. So each starting line up matched the scoring of someone in the other starting lineup.

Each team also had two reserves score 6 and 3 respectively.

Anyway I thought it interesting enough to point out.

Washington Wizards (17-58)

Field Goals
    Rebounds

posminfgm-a3pm-aftm-a+/-offdeftotastpfsttobsbapts
    C.Butler F 41:29 8-20 2-5 13-15 -1 8 5 13 3 2 2 1 0 0 31
    A.Jamison F 37:47 10-20 3-5 6-6 +1 2 4 6 0 4 0 1 1 1 29
    A.Blatche C 24:01 3-10 0-0 6-7 -21 0 3 3 1 1 0 0 1 1 12
    D.McGuire G 37:42 1-3 0-0 4-6 -10 1 7 8 1 0 2 1 0 0 6
    J.Crittenton G 43:08 8-14 1-3 2-5 -11 1 3 4 3 2 0 1 1 0 19
    J.McGee
    19:43 1-7 0-0 4-4 +3 1 6 7 1 2 1 0 0 0 6
    N.Young
    30:28 4-9 0-1 1-2 +3 1 1 2 1 3 3 3 1 1 9
    O.Pecherov
    05:42 1-1 1-1 0-0 -9 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
    G.Arenas DNP - Rest
    J.Dixon DNP - Rt. Ankle Tendonitis
    B.Haywood DND - Rt. Wrist
    D.Songaila DNP - Sprained Neck
    Total
    240 36-84 7-15 36-45
    14 30 44 10 14 8 8 4 3 115

42.9% 46.7% 80.0% Team Rebs: 9Total TO: 8
    Indiana Pacers (31-43)

Field Goals
    Rebounds

posminfgm-a3pm-aftm-a+/-offdeftotastpfsttobsbapts
    D.Granger F 41:33 10-16 4-6 7-8 +15 1 5 6 3 3 0 5 1 0 31
    J.Foster F 37:38 3-8 0-0 0-2 +10 4 5 9 5 6 0 0 0 2 6
    R.Hibbert C 15:59 5-10 0-0 2-3 0 5 3 8 0 6 1 0 1 1 12
    B.Rush G 33:05 13-25 3-7 0-0 +7 1 9 10 1 2 0 0 1 0 29
    J.Jack G 36:01 7-12 1-2 4-4 +6 1 5 6 7 3 0 0 0 1 19
    R.Nesterovic
    18:24 5-7 0-0 0-0 +10 1 3 4 0 3 1 0 0 0 10
    T.Ford
    33:38 3-5 0-0 2-2 -5 0 3 3 10 4 1 4 0 0 8
    S.Graham
    12:49 2-8 0-3 2-2 +1 1 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 6
    T.Diener
    10:30 1-4 1-2 0-0 +1 1 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
    J.McRoberts
    00:23 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    M.Baston DNP - Coach's Decision
    T.Murphy DND - Sprained Left Knee
    Total
    240 49-95 9-20 17-21
    15 36 51 26 27 4 9 3 4 124

51.6% 45.0% 81.0% Team Rebs: 3Total TO: 9

Mood

Will,

I kind of noticed that last night while I was looking at some extra stats for the Game Ball.

Wild, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    good to see Rush playing so well after looking so awful earlier in the season.

Hibbert REALLY has to cut down on the fouls.
    I'm sure he will. Remember Foster's early seasons, or Smits' early years? I remember wondering if either of those guys could play twenty minutes without fouling out. Many big guys get called for fouls early in their careers that they either don't commit or get called for after their "rookie phase".