Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Harrison coverage on Pacers.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison coverage on Pacers.com

Article:

Harrison Anxious to Get Started
    By John Clayton | June 28, 2004 The newest of the Indiana Pacers' big men arrived in Indianapolis Monday afternoon – just in time to go to work.

Harrison

After an introduction to local media, David Harrison, sitting alongside Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird and Coach Rick Carlisle, was headed to the gym for his first workout as a member of the Indiana Pacers.

“We’ve set it up so that he’s in here for a couple of days,” said Carlisle. “It gives us a chance to get to know him a little bit and get on the court and work on some things. It’s going to be a long journey for him because I expect him to be in this league for a long time. We just want to get him off on the right foot.”

Harrison’s short professional career has already been met with draft-night disappointment and speculation about whether his temperament and maturity level are ready for the NBA.

But, again, Harrison met his detractors head on.

Yes, his hands are smallish - in relative terms to seven-footers - but that is also a knock on Jermaine O’Neal, and “look at him.” Some have said his brain is too big – that he’s too smart for basketball. He responds, “How can you be too smart for anything?” Yes, he takes losing hard, maybe too hard sometimes, but wants to continue to play every game as if it’s his last. Yes, he “looks sleepy” on the court, but averaged 37 minutes per game last season. The people who questioned his work ethic weren’t up with him at 7:00 a.m. every day as he prepared for his pre-draft workouts.

“I want to prove all these people wrong that have these thoughts and opinions on me, said Harrison. “And maybe in a couple of years I can look back on all of it and laugh.”

As an All-Big 12 center and three-year starter at Colorado, the 7-foot, 285-pound Harrison developed solid basketball skills to go with obvious physical attributes. A rare combination of size, strength and skill is often enough for a player of Harrison’s ilk to land among the top players in the NBA Draft.

But Harrison fell to the Pacers at No. 29 – the final pick of the first round. His reaction was frustration, followed by elation and then relief that the three-year guaranteed contract awarded the league’s first-round draft picks awaited him rather than the tenuous job security of a second-round selection.

“Draft night was a long, long night,” he said. “After I got picked, I was elated. Then, I kind of felt a little disrespected – I mean, I go and finish first-team All Big-12, I’m my conference’s second leading scorer and I get overlooked by every team in the league, almost. But then, I looked at the situation I have with the Pacers and realized that this is a better situation than I would have had almost anywhere else. This is a gift and I’m going to use it. If you don’t use your gifts, they’re taken away. I believe that.”

Physically, Harrison is already one of the largest pure centers in the Eastern Conference. The course over the next few months during workouts and the NBA’s Summer League in Utah will be set toward refining his game for the professional level.

“You can always get better at almost everything,” said Harrison. “Defensively, I’m going to work harder at staying low in my position and timing on my shot blocks. Offensively, I want to work on scoring further and further out. Those are two things, if I get them down, it’s going to be real hard to stop me.”

Carlisle

His physical skills alone have Carlisle intrigued.

“We don’t have a guy like David. We don’t have a guy with his height in terms of size and his strength,” Carlisle said. “Scot Pollard is the closest thing, but I think David is a guy who has a little more brute, power type of strength than Scot. He fills a void. He’s something we don’t have.”

After Carlisle ‘s initial workouts with him, Harrison will return to join the Pacers’ Summer League team, which is to also include James Jones, Fred Jones and Jonathan Bender. Training camp for NBA teams will begin in October.

Harrison, for one, is anxious to get started.

“I kind of wish it was tomorrow,” he said joining the rest of the Pacers. “I like to jump into things. It starts today for me and I’m happy it’s here. It’s an opportunity I’ve worked for and prayed for, and it’s here.

That opportunity also comes with responsibility – one that Harrison has a unique insight into as the son of former NFL defensive lineman Dennis “Big Foot” Harrison, who spent 10 NFL seasons with Philadelphia, Atlanta and San Francisco.

“When you’re in athletics as a professional and even in college at the Division I level, you’re in a fishbowl and you’ve got to be aware that what other people do, you can’t do because you really stand out,” said Dennis Harrison. “He’s aware of that. We’ve raised him right, we feel. He knows right from wrong. We don’t worry about that. We don’t worry about getting a call to pick our children up from downtown. David just has to do the thing’s he’s doing – work hard. Like I told him, if you work hard and are in better shape that puts you ahead of half the people you’ve got to go against.”

Bird

That work was to begin on a lonely court Monday afternoon – just a player and his coach. Soon enough, preparation will meet opportunity as Harrison’s NBA career officially begins.

“Our job is measured in wins and losses and when we bring a young kid in, you expect him to be professional,” said Bird. “It’s good that his father has been in the professional business (of sports) and he’s got a good head on his shoulder. It all comes down to how hard you want to work.

“I’m a firm believer that if he does things right the first year, gets acclimated and feels comfortable with the system we have, his potential is unlimited because he has a lot of talent. He’s got size. He’s got strength, and we’ve just got to put it together.”

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/harri...es_040628.html

Transcript of press conference:

David Harrison Press
    Conference Transcript June 28, 2004 Larry Bird: Good afternoon. We’re here to introduce the newest member of the Indiana Pacers, David Harrison. We’re very excited about having this young man on our team now. He’s 7 foot. He’s going to weigh about 280, I don’t know what he weighs now. But we feel we’re very fortunate to have a young man with the talent of David, having a man slide that far down in the draft. He’s very appreciative of us taking him in the first round, but we’re very appreciative that the other teams passed him up because we think we’ve got a kid who’s willing to work and do the things necessary to get better as the year goes on. So we’ll turn it over to David because this is his day.

Harrison: Any questions?

Bird: You’ve got to give them a statement or something.

Harrison: Uh, hi. How you doin'? I’m David from Boulder, Colorado. I don’t really know what to do.

Q: Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed?
    Harrison: Yeah, this is awesome. This is a day you dream of. It really is.

Q: There’s been some questions about your ability to work and how hard that you’re willing to work. When you entered the draft, your coach from Colorado said you stopped working. What do you have to say? How can you defend that?
    Harrison: I’m just going to show them. I mean they might have a valid case about the past, but that was the past and now I am just pressing forward to the future.

Carlisle: It’s interesting that you asked that question because he has answered those a little bit. And we’ve gone to the trouble of taking some of his quotations and I’ll read a couple of them to you: “My work ethic has been questioned, but I am going to come in there and show them I am the hardest working player they have ever drafted.” – Harrison
    We’re going to put these up in his locker. Second one: “I am going to have six, seven months to answer all these questions and believe me, I am going to have a lot of answers for people. I’ve got a 28 player chip on my shoulder.” – Harrison
    That’s the second one and the third one is “I want to be an All-Star within my first contract. I want to start my rookie year. I want to make the All-Rookie Team. So I definitely have lofty goals and I’ll have to work hard to get there.” – Harrison
    Carlisle: He’s gone on record with a lot of things and we are going to keep reminding him of that. So you don’t need to bring up things that he’s already said.

Q: Given the fact that this is a team that has a deep roster, what do you feel your chances are of really being able to contribute in your first year?
    Harrison: I think that my chances are pretty high. Like Mr. Bird said, I am 7 feet, 285 pounds. I am probably the biggest person in the East besides (Zydrunas) Ilgauskus. I think I have a really high chance to contribute a lot to this team. And, like coach said, I just have to work hard and I’ll achieve my goals.

Q: Did you have a team that you were hoping you would go to? Sliding down into the twenties did you start thinking that you had a chance to go to a team that has a legitimate chance of winning a title?
    Harrison: That’s what my agent was telling me. It’s kindof a blessing in disguise going that late. But, (the Pacers) were four points away from the finals last year, so I just want to hope that maybe I could score those five points that they needed to win. Maybe I can help the team win more games next season.

Q: How much have you seen of the Pacers, other than in the playoffs?
    Harrison: I saw all the playoff games, but I didn’t get to watch them a lot in Boulder.

Q: Did you ever think the day would come where you would be sitting next to Larry Bird, on a podium, wearing an NBA hat?
    Harrison: I am still kind of shocked about that.

Q: You haven’t asked for his autograph or anything?
    Harrison: I was going to later.

Q: What do you have to do to refine your game, things you have to work on to get to that next level?
    Harrison: You can always get better at almost anything. Defensively I am going to work harder to stay low on my position, timing my shot blocks. Offensively I am going to work on scoring from further and further out. I mean, that’s two things if I can get down it’s going to be really hard to stop me.

Q: Larry Bird, Reggie Miller and Jeff Foster have all seen you play. Were you ever aware when NBA people were at your games? Were you ever conscious of who were at your games?
    Harrison: I remember a couple former players that were scouts and you would see them out wandering around the concourse before games, but you’re not really aware of it, you’re just trying to play your game.

Q: Is it frustrating being a three-year college guy and seeing your name slide down in favor of high school kids and European players who are still relatively young go before you?
    Harrison: That’s the nature of the draft right now. It’s been like that for three or four years. So it’s frustrating, but what can I do about it? I mean, I don’t have a draft pick.

Q: Seeing how Jermaine O’Neal got beat up and took some big hits against the Pistons, with a big guy in there that’s 40 or 40 pounds heavier than Jeff Foster, how much pressure will that take off?
    Carlisle: Well, we don’t have a guy like David. We don’t have a guy with his height in terms of size and his strength. You know, I think Scot Pollard is the closest thing. But I think David’s a guy that has a little more brute type power strength than Scot. So he fills a void of something we don’t have. It’s interesting, I looked at his college stats today and here’s a guy who averaged 15 points, 8 rebounds and shot over 60 percent from the field for three years, playing in a big time conference and has great statistics, the only thing that he really needs to work on statistically is free-throw shooting. He’s at 55 percent and I’ve seen him shoot in a work out tape and he’s got good form so I think that’s something that he’s going to be able to work on pretty easily. This is a great opportunity for our franchise. And it’s a great opportunity for him if he really takes advantage of it. Like I believe Larry’s told him, it’s up to him now because we are going to give him every resource to become the best player that he can be. When we’re done here we’re going to the gym. We’re going to get started and we’re excited about it.

Q: What are your plans for summer?
    Harrison: I was pretty much planning on moving out here as soon as possible. I was going to stay out here all summer and try to get used to the area and try to get used to the system and just work my way from there.

Q: Have you ever been to Indy before?
    Harrison: Yeah, the Nike camps here, so I have been up here a couple times.

Q: What did you learn from your dad about being a professional athlete?
    Harrison: More about the key to being a pro is keeping a schedule like being punctual…sorry if I was late today. Just performing in a professional manner on and off the court. It’s something you have to do.

Q: How do you like to play offense or approach the basket?
    Harrison: I like playing with my back to the basket. I’m one of the classic centers I think in that respect.

Q: What are your expectations for David? Whodoes he remind you of? What can he become?
    Bird: He’s a real center. He’s got the strength. He’s got the size. I don’t know if I can come up with a name as to who he is comparable to, but like Rick said it’s up to him now. This is a job. It’s just like you tell all the young kids coming in, when you get here it’s time to get to work. You know our jobs are measured on wins and losses, and when we bring a young kid in we expect him to be professional. Obviously he’s got to learn a lot of things, but I think it’s helped David that his father’s been through a lot of the process in the professional business. And I think he’s got a good head start on most of it, but it all comes down to how hard you want to work and work ethic. How well you get along with your fans and your teammates and you just take it a step at a time. I’m a firm believer that if he does the right things the first year, he gets acclimated and he feels comfortable with the system we have, his potential is unlimited because he’s got talent and he’s got size and he’s got strength. Now we’ve just got to put it together.

Q: Were you impressed with his workouts before the draft?
    Bird: I don’t put a lot of emphasis on workouts. I’ve seen him play a number of times this year and I think you are going to be surprised with the type of talent. He has skill, and obviously he has to get better just like everyone. But I am very impressed with the young man.

Carlisle to Harrison: I’ve got a question for David. It’s says here, in your personal, that you were an open-option major in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. What is an open-option major, because that sounds like something I should have explored when I was in school.
    Harrison: It’s something you can do when you don’t want to declare your major. But I’ve declared it, they just never update our website. I was a history major, pre-law philosophy minor.
    Carlisle: Cool.

Q: Did you declare your major before you went into the NBA Draft?
    Harrison: It’s an NCAA rule that you have to have a certain number of credit hours towards your degree after your sophomore year, so I declared it that summer of my sophomore year. That’s the updated web-system of Colorado, though, right there.

Q: It says your favorite sports team is the Philadelphia 76ers. Do you want to defend that as well?
    Harrison: Growing up, being from that area, that’s the team that I knew. But I’ll amend that now, they didn’t draft me.

Q: Do you know any of the current Pacers from Nike camps or anything?
    Harrison: I have met a couple. I don’t know any of them as friends.

Q: Is it intimidating coming in and playing with people like Reggie Miller and Jermaine O’Neal?
    Harrison: I think it’s more exciting. I don’t really get intimidated by much. That’s another thing that my dad taught me. If you’re intimidated by somebody, you’re scared. And there’s no point to fear anything. So, it’s more exciting to me than being intimidating.

Re: Harrison coverage on Pacers.com

Im starting to like this pick even more. I like that Carlise said that he was going to remind Harrison of all his statements he made. I think harrison will turn into a real steal.

Comment

I'm excited about this guy, not many true centers around anymore. I like his confidence and cockiness. If the guy lives up to his talent level we'll have a real keeper.

David Harrison

[edit=96=1088478388][/edit]
      [edit=96=1088478513][/edit]
      "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG" - Carol "The Walking Dead"

Comment

That was a good read. He is definitely sounding better with everything they put out on him. Come a long way from draft night when most everyone was upset about drafting a 'fat center with mental issues', heh.

Comment

Good ol' Indpls media:
          Soft as Charmin toilet paper!

I read the transcripts from the meet and greet and I was a little disappointed that no one asked about the kids maturity and his temper. These are the very things that alledgedly knocked him down to us. I think it is a fair question to ask!

Don't get me wrong, I still stand by being excited to see the guy play and hoping we truly have a diamond in the rough that could possibly be the real deal.
          [edit=29=1088475647][/edit]
          ...Still "flying casual"
          @roaminggnome74

Comment

I'm not too worried about the temper. In Colorado he was playing 37 minutes a game. Even if he is in the rotation next year, he won't be getting many minutes. Probably not enough to get in a fight (besides who would want to pick a fight with a 285 lb. bench player).

I am a little worried about his purported history of laziness. I think that the summer league will show us a lot about his work ethic.

Overall, I am really excited to have a guy that can body up to anyone in the league off the bench. I think that Jeff is a great center against all but a few teams. If Harrison can fill the void with some minutes against the big centers in the league, he could be an important piece to a championship puzzle.

Comment

The more I read the more worried I get.

From what I am reading it sounds like he should have been a top 10 pick. What did the rest of the teams see that caused them to not pick the guy.

Comment

Which happens 1st?

1) Artest pulls Harrison away from trouble.
                2) Harrison pulls Artest away from trouble.
                3) They square off and take each other out.
                3) They join together to take out an entire crew of zebras.

We may wanna keep them apart. No socializing or frateranization.

OK, I'm liking the kid more. Let's just pray he's not another Zyprexa candidate.
                Ever notice how friendly folks are at a shootin' range??.

Comment

Originally posted by indygeezer
                  Which happens 1st?

1) Artest pulls Harrison away from trouble.
                  2) Harrison pulls Artest away from trouble.
                  3) They square off and take each other out.
                  3) They join together to take out an entire crew of zebras.

We may wanna keep them apart. No socializing or frateranization.

OK, I'm liking the kid more. Let's just pray he's not another Zyprexa candidate.

Comment

UB, they saw the same stuff that made them pass on Jamaal Tinsley, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobli.
                    [edit=39=1088478097][/edit]
                    This space for rent.

Comment

Why does this stupid thing change c*ckiness to stickiness all by it's self.
                      "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG" - Carol "The Walking Dead"

Comment

cockiness

You're right. How weird.

Able, is there a language filter going after c*ck? Can you make it change whole words only?
                        [edit=39=1088478979][/edit]
                        This space for rent.

Comment

are you talking about? You mean when you type in "c0ckiness" it switches it?

Shaaaaaaaaaaaade.

*goes to undo his dirty work*

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck
                            The more I read the more worried I get.

From what I am reading it sounds like he should have been a top 10 pick. What did the rest of the teams see that caused them to not pick the guy.
                            Probably the same thing that dropped the college player of the year down to number 20. High School "potential" and Euro's (that barely play in their own leagues).

5 years ago, he would've been a lottery pick, attitude problems and all. Fine by me though. All the HS and Euros are letting the good college players drop to the Pacers the last couple years.

Comment

Whoever played with it (I know I said Shade, but in all fairness it may not have been ), please just leave that to me. Thanks.

Ok. Got it back to how I wanted it.

cockiness. Yeah, minor thing to deal with. No worse than the old forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X