Thread: Same stuff, different Day...making the playoffs...

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Same stuff, different Day...making the playoffs...

So I know this is the same old stuff that we've seen posted like 10 times but bare with me here. I do have a logic and it is this: If I care about it enough to take the time to actually write this, maybe some of you will care about it enough to read it.

I want to make the playoffs. Have all year, every year. We are...I believe 4 games out as it stands right now (5 behind 7th!) with the Bulls please for the love of God possibly losing tonight to the the Pissed off Dwayne Wades. So, maybe 3 1/2, 8 to play.

By the time March 31st is done rollin' around, POTENTIALLY (theres the killer word) 1/2 game out. That's a span of 5 days fellas. Let's break it down shall we?

Bulls Schedule:
    March 26 (thats tonight) vs. Heat ----L 3 1/2
    March 28 vs. yours truly in Chi Town ----L 2 1/2 (MUST WIN)
    March 29 @Toronto -----L 1 1/2 (very questionable loss but it's a back-to-back only for the Bulls. Full game made up since we play that day too vs. the WIZZZ)
    March 31 @ INDIANA ----LOSS 1/2 GAME OUT with 6 left for them to play, 7 for us and with a considerably tougher schedule I might add but who cares

So somebody please, tell me if I'm wrong. I've never really ever sat down and broken it down like this before to myself, let alone possibly for whoever reads this. Am I correct? And if so, is this not perfectly feasible? Who do WE play you might ask...

only games in between right now and the 31st is Chicago, Wizards, Chicago. So I believe we can only help ourselves. Naturally any loss to the Bulls and it's all but done. That's like losing twice. Anyways, I feel as though I'm rambling...

Thoughts, opinions, concerns...?
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Default Re: Same stuff, different Day...making the playoffs...

What I do is forget about wins at this time of year and look at the lost column. Right now we are 4 games behind Chicago, and each of us have ten games to play. That looks worse than it is because we play them twice.

The thing is if we lose one of those games it's like you said, it's all but done.

We have an outside shot if Miami beats Chicago tonight. We could then possibly make up 3 games in the next four. We would then be 1 behind them with 6 to play.

Of course there's other teams to think about too, but why bother if we can't catch Chicago.

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

see yes, valid point. I remember just reading about it that way. I got caught up in the W's when it all comes down to the L's. I'm a major Heat fan tonight. True story though, if I had a vote, swear on my Mother I'd vote for Dwayne Wade as MVP. I've said it for some time (of course not publicly) and he has only upped his game here for the better part of a month and a half
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

I want us to make the play offs aswell, but say we dont and with all biases aside, look at the east brackets as stands:

Cleveland
    Chicago

Orlando
    Detroit

Boston
    Philly

Atlanta
    Miami

Theres no way seeds 6-8 can beat seeds 1-3. They all look like such mismatches its pretty funny.

That's how it usually is. Upsets aren't the norm. People just want to see the Pacers push the Cavaliers to 5(6 maybe haha) games and get some playoff experience.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny