Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    What a game. So many things to talk about, but I'll start with this one question:

    Did anybody doubt that Wade was gonna hit that last shot? I was sure we'd lost.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #2
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a game. So many things to talk about, but I'll start with this one question:

    Did anybody doubt that Wade was gonna hit that last shot? I was sure we'd lost.
    I was surprised he didn't hit it. Other good news is we picked up a full game on everyone except the Knicks and they just went into OT against the Clippers.

    EDIT; We only picked up a half game on Chicago who didn't play tonight. We are still 4 games behind them in the loss column. We have two to play against them and we HAVE to win both.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 03-25-2009 at 09:06 PM.

  3. #3
    Dryey dryley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clinton, in.
    Age
    57
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    I was sure he'd hit it, too.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    I was too with how tenative Rush was guarding him so as to not foul him.

    The Pacers in the last 4 games are 2-2, but the thing that stands out is they haven't given up a 100 points to the opposition in any of those 4 games!!!

    If they had been doing that the whole season, the Pacers would be a 6th seed, at least, in the EC playoffs. They could have been a .500 or better team.

  5. #5
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Knicks lost, we are now a game ahead of them in the lost column. Four teams yet to pass.

  6. #6
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    A lot of great defense tonight. Great win by the team.

    However, the offense down the stretch was interesting. Both TJ AND Jack got into a little too much one on one with no passing. This time, TJ performed pretty well, though both of them missed some shots down with the stretch without ever passing once.

    This was probably due to JOB calling for no motion offense, so I guess I can't blame those two guys much. (I disagree with shutting down the offense. We needed a couple of scores to seal the game. We got lucky at the end.)

    Brandon Rush's defense looks better and better.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  7. #7
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,998

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Are the boos for JO getting louder? I noticed (via TV) he got some boos each time he entered the game and when he made a shot. I saw him smiling about it.

    I thought TJ took a bad shot out of rhythm and then lost his rhythm in those final 2-3 minutes. Before that, I didn't really have a problem with his shot selection and passing.

    I still think some of the calling for his head is premature (that we've seen in some other threads).

    I also think some of the feud dynamics between Ford and Jack were overblown. At least watching on TV it looked like they were already over it by the next game and I didn't see any signs of it lingering tonight. Then again, winning cures a lot of ills....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #8
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,079

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    I think Jack and Ford are working on things to make the team, and their own play, better.

    And I think Jack can be given credit for that phenomenon. That's just my take.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  9. #9
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Post-game quotes from Wade remind of what I hear from Battier's opponents all the time. "I don't know what happened"..."I usually hit those shots"...etc. Brandon is doing something right.

  10. #10
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Fantastic game to watch tonight, incredible D with all the stops and blocks. Foster had a great game, it's been a while since he last had so many rebounds (16), and four blocks too. Rush has been more aggressive lately, and I'm very excited about that. Yeah, I was surprised that Wade missed that last second shot, no complaints though, just glad we pulled this one out!!

  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are the boos for JO getting louder? I noticed (via TV) he got some boos each time he entered the game and when he made a shot. I saw him smiling about it.
    Pretty light when he entered the game. They got a lot louder when he hit those two clutch shots.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #12
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    What an amazing crowd tonight I must say.

  13. #13
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,540

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anybody doubt that Wade was gonna hit that last shot? I was sure we'd lost.
    I didn't catch the game but the highlights on NBA TV Gametime. I saw that we were up by 2 points at the end of the game and they showed the final play. Before the ball went to Wade I was sure that we would have lost it in another buzzer beater.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #14
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Wade must have taken the last 9 shots for the Heat. At one point JO was wide-open and he opted to shoot the J instead....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  15. #15
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    I had to comment on the crowd-noise tonight. The place was loud at the end of the game. Maybe even louder than the Cavs game from a while ago.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  16. #16

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    The playoffs are still possible. If we can beat the bulls twice and go on a 12 game win streak we will make the playoffs. Or Detroit bails on their season and loses almost all of the games they have left.

  17. #17
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Please make the playoffs....please.

    Here is some footage from the game:

    [yt]zOlZLtaam44&feature=channel_page[/yt]
    [yt]O8atZyAtAdc&feature=channel_page[/yt]
    [yt]4BUJycjD2Ls&feature=channel[/yt]
    [yt]74MU5fHhkz0&feature=channel[/yt]
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 03-26-2009 at 12:34 AM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  18. #18

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The playoffs are still possible. If we can beat the bulls twice and go on a 12 game win streak we will make the playoffs. Or Detroit bails on their season and loses almost all of the games they have left.

    The ever eternal optimist. Then there is realism.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ever eternal optimist. Then there is realism.
    I agree. good game but the pacers are not going to the playoffs

  20. #20
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wade must have taken the last 9 shots for the Heat. At one point JO was wide-open and he opted to shoot the J instead....
    Actually, Wade only took the last shot. The four previous attempts were by JO, James Jones (fouled on one), and Haslem.

  21. #21
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Anybody know why they went away from the Haslem pick and roll that was eating us alive in the first half? Did we make an adjustment that caused it to fail a couple of times or did the Heat just assume we would adjust?

    Brandon's defense was freaking amazing all night. He got caught in the air exactly once - the rest of the time he stayed with DWade through every fake. His movement through screens was usually very good - I think he only made the wrong decision twice.

    As far as I'm concerned he has a pass to keep building his confidence on offense as long as he can continue to play D at this level. Wow.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  22. #22
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    This was an awesome game. Quite possibly the best defensive game the Pacers have played all year.

    Rush and Jack did a fantastic job guarding Wade. There was a reason he wasn't hitting his jumpers, and it's because he had a hand in his face on most of them. We need to give some credit to our bigs who did a splendid job rotating to force Wade to give it up on his drives to the hoop.

    This was probably Foster's best game of the year.

    Boxscores are a funny thing. After watching the game, I would have told you that Danny had a poor shooting night, but he was 10-20, so I'm apparently wrong. He and Brandon missed some pretty easy shots. If we'd have had a decent night from behind the arc, we'd have won by 10 points.

    TJ played better. He's much more effective when he uses his step back jumper than when he tries to get to the rim every time. He had a great 4th quarter, but part of me thinks him trying to take over was the reason we couldn't score at all in the last few minutes. He took a few shots in a row and it totally killed the flow of the offense. This may be O'Brien's fault if he was calling the plays. I don't want to nitpick the guy to death, but if he'd been cold instead of hot in the 4th, we lose.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  23. #23
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, Wade only took the last shot. The four previous attempts were by JO, James Jones (fouled on one), and Haslem.
    Well then I guess my point should be that out of the last 2 or 3 minutes he probably jacked up about 8 or 9 shots....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  24. #24

    Default Re: Postgame Thread: PD is back up, and the Pacers beat the Heat!

    Great footage! Flip Video?

    It's always cool to get a different perspective on the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •