Thread: heywoode's photos from Pacers-Mavericks 03/20/09

Default heywoode's photos from Pacers-Mavericks 03/20/09

I promised more photos if it worked out that we got free/cheap club level tickets to more games, so I tried to please everyone in the Pacemate photos thread HERE, and I will attempt the same here.

We liked this game a whole lot more than the Blazers game, and I agree that the Pacers shoulda won this one. Friggin' Dirk Diggler can eat my shorts.

I will say that I seriously don't sweat losses like this one. We played good enough to win, we were competitive, and we gave them all they wanted. That is for certain. Games like this make me hope that very few changes are made to this team over the summer. I could see a few of the scrubbies changing names, but I like the two or three rotations we have.

I love being a Pacer fan!

=======================

Yup.

Hibby blocked it with his ELBOW.

Jason Kidd being Jason Kidd. Snuck in and stole a lazy pass and jetted down for the easy lay-in....

...only he BLEW THE LANDING!

Damn pro photogs and their strobes. The least they could do would be to give me a pocket wizard on the same frequency and let me get in on the action. Sigh.

Awesome defense!

Marky-Mark and Slicky-Slick. I'm starting to like the tradition of snipering him every game I attend. The next game where I have tix on the same side as he is broadcasting from, I'm going to go over and bother him during pregame! I'll make sure I tell him about my snipering because I won't attempt to presume that he checks out my photo threads! Love ya, Mark! It is always a pleasure and a privelege for us too!

The only Pacers steal of the game. Credited to Fosterific.

Nice acting to try and get the reach-in call, but no dice.

And yet he made the shot...

More fantastic defense. Three defenders taller than the shooter, and yet he gets it on the rim...

I love the german goose-step leg kick-out...Definitely clears some space!

I thought Stevie had some great intensity and tenacity during the third quarter and was a major impetus to the Pacers getting back in the game and really making Dallas work for the win. Great job, Stevie!

"OK, all I have to do is keep DD in front of me...Shouldn't be a problem....I wonder what we're having for supper when I get home....hmmmm....that girl in the front row has a nice blouse on and pretty hair.....I'm digging the boots.....

...........D'OH!"

Me and JJ are the only two who apparently saw what was coming here...

I swear he looks like an eighth grader. But I like him. A LOT.

Foster decided to take a little break while the action was going on the other end of the court. Pretty relaxing having an entire HALF of a basketball court to yourself!

This wasn't a foul. This was a JUMP BALL.

See?!

The crappy gamewinner. What a dick.

"Nice shot, Dirk. The game is almost over, so here is your wallet back. Thanks for letting me 'hold it' for you during the game...WINK WINK"

Didn't even have a chance...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: heywoode's photos from Pacers-Mavericks 03/20/09

Nice shots. I had a few nice shots that were wasted because of the strobes.

Mine were not as close, but just wait until I get that 300mm lense.

The student has become the teacher...

Let's not get crazy, Timmy. I think I could shoot with a disposable and still get good shots...

On another note, I'm not so sure that the work it takes to post a photos thread is worth the exposure the threads get anymore. Fewer and fewer people comment, let alone VIEW the threads. I've decided that I will probably not be posting photo threads anymore. Dukie attends more games than I do, and he is more willing to do what it takes for so little feedback or impact on PD.

Carry on, Dukie. You are the man!

I will miss the pics, but understand that it must be a huge time commitment to post them.

I also understand the frustration of the strobes! They are controlled by the Pacers photographer.

Mood

heywoode, I know where you are coming from. Look, I am not searching for a medal or anything, but I understand the work it takes to do this. I do this for everyone on the board to enjoy. Not everyone here has the opportunity to go to a game let alone have season tickets like I do. What the camera shows is what I saw with my eyes, so hopefully you all can experience what I have.

I too have contemplated slowing down or not doing this at all, but I know there are a few who really enjoy this. Yes, I would like to see a little more appreciation, but I can't beg for it, because no one had originally asked me to do this. I did it on my own to begin with.

You are giving me very big shoes to fill, heywoode. I will do my best to do what I can to make up for the great shots you provide for us.

Dang it. This means I have to take Pacemate photos now doesn't it?
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 03-22-2009 at 11:20 PM.

I don't need buttkissing. I don't really need anything. I'm just tired of pissing with it more than anything else. It's not like if I was coronated the Ansel Adams of PD, it would make me keep doing it....Oh wait...

sweabs

Thanks Woody. Great pics, as always.

Love the shot of Danny floating sideways in the air on defense.

You can take April through October off. But we want you back in the photo thread business next November.

TASRNP. WKOCDYU?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My only problem with photo threads is that they aren't the optimal way to look at the pictures - the format doesn't really match.

It might be good for the Masters of the Forum Tech-Fu to confer and hobnob during the off-season over a Photo Gallery section, where the actual shots can be seen and then a link posted from the message board each game. In particular, the gallery should have half-size photos with easily read caption areas.

For what it's worth, I enjoy the photos and particularly the captions, but they aren't always easy to scroll through.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My only problem with photo threads is that they aren't the optimal way to look at the pictures - the format doesn't really match.

It might be good for the Masters of the Forum Tech-Fu to confer and hobnob during the off-season over a Photo Gallery section, where the actual shots can be seen and then a link posted from the message board each game. In particular, the gallery should have half-size photos with easily read caption areas.

For what it's worth, I enjoy the photos and particularly the captions, but they aren't always easy to scroll through.
    I used to do clickable thumbnails and no one liked it.

Photobucket gives us only so much leeway on how we post our photos places. I just go ahead and resize mine to 800x600 and post them here. That resolution seems to not throw the page off-center.

A photo gallery section on the forum would be splendid, because I think one reason the threads do not get much attention is the fact that they get buried under everything else.