Thread: Think Jack has something to prove tonight?

Default Think Jack has something to prove tonight?

First half stats:

9-10, 1-2 from downtown, 4-4 from the line, 4 boards, 2 assists, a steal and a TO and a total of 23 points thus far.

I think he is a little upset over last night and is coming out to play tonight and we may see a new career high.

Default Re: Think Jack has something to prove tonight?

Does he have me-itus or is he sharing the ball?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does he have me-itus or is he sharing the ball?
    I only caught the last half of the 2nd and the start of the third, and they look like their playing together. It looks like Jack is playing the way he was when Danny was out...attacking the basket.

Second half starting lineup: Jack/Rush/Granger/Murph/Roy

he is on fire! great shooting performance.

I think Jack and TJ made a point of getting along. They were passing the ball to each other and the one time I saw them talking they looked like they were being careful what they said.

Great game from Jack!

Anyone hear Jack after the game as he mentioned he had a "special friend" call him today who offered words of encouragement, which he said definitely helped him tonight. He wouldn't name the person, but he was all smiles after the game and in a very good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Second half starting lineup: Jack/Rush/Granger/Murph/Roy
    Oh hallelujah. I've been begging for that lineup for months. If that's our starting 5 the rest of the year I'll be thrilled.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Just a wild guess, Chris Bosh?

Oh hallelujah. I've been begging for that lineup for months. If that's our starting 5 the rest of the year I'll be thrilled.
    Amen!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

box score? nba.com is being stupid...

Roy threw out a real clunker tonight. Didn't seem to bother him, as he was leading the cheers from the sideline, but he was 0-5 with 3 fouls in 8 minutes.

McBob played 11 minutes.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy threw out a real clunker tonight. Didn't seem to bother him, as he was leading the cheers from the sideline, but he was 0-5 with 3 fouls in 8 minutes.

McBob played 11 minutes.
    Roy was terrible tonight. But he still should have gotten to play in the 4th instead of Rasho.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Roy threw out a real clunker tonight.
    That's fine. I expect all of our players to throw out the occasional clunker. But Roy/Murph/Granger/Rush/Jack gives us a much better chance to win the game than Murph/Granger/Quis/Jack/TJ.

Enjoy your time at PD!

That's fine. I expect all of our players to throw out the occasional clunker. But Roy/Murph/Granger/Rush/Jack gives us a much better chance to win the game than Murph/Granger/Quis/Jack/TJ.
    I wasn't complaining, or particularly worried. He just threw out a clunker, and I was commenting on the fact.

By the fourth, the game was over, so he sat with the rest of the starters.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I agree too, and also another 10 minutes to McRoberts who keeps on delivering. I'm ready to see a bit of a transition of Jeff's role to McBob, even as much as I like Jeff.

Hate to make too much of things but come on, that's an insane night from Jack and it's interesting that TJ came off the bench and for only 21 minutes. I wonder if perhaps JOB finally took the reigns on him and secretly sided with Jack, thus giving Jack an extra bump of confidence.

I mean doesn't it look that way? If Jack was way out of line and TJ was in the right then you wouldn't have seen the playing time and starters' roles dealt out like this. If TJ is about the team then he'll deal with it and realize what the team is asking of him. Time to man up and put his money where his mouth is. For game 1 it seems he did just that.

On Rasho/Roy: Roy's getting his chances as a starter which is good for him, it gives him a consistant situation to anchor onto. So he had a rough one tonight, no harm. As for Rasho, he's been struggling and been forced to sit quite a bit. That's tough on a vet that was seeing much more time early on. So I think it's good to reward him with a little PT, especially if he's up for it.

Better that then having Roy lost on the bench hoping for blowouts to see the court.

Maybe this is the beginning of JOB finding the team's identity finally? It sure would be nice even if it would be months late. It's not like they are missing out on much this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    Just a wild guess, Chris Bosh?
    what about him?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    what about him?
    Oh, I was responding to SmoothDave when he mentioned that Jack said he got a call from a "special friend" that helped him. I was just throwing it out there that it might be Bosh. Him and Jack are really good friends and Bosh knows TJ pretty well too, so he also knows firsthand the runs TJ gets into where all he sees is the basket. Just a wild guess.

I would be perfectly fine, with Jack being resigned for cheaper then what TJ is making.

Have Jack as our starting PG, with Diener as our backup, if he picks up his option. And try to use TJ in a trade for an athletic big, another defensive wing if we lose Quis, or some draft picks.