Thread: Why we don't need T-Mac, Redd, Pierce, Dampier, or Allen!!!!!!

Default Why we don't need T-Mac, Redd, Pierce, Dampier, or Allen!!!!!!

Well, I wrote this once and when I spell checked it it was lost becuase that feature doesn't work yet so this one might be shorter.
    I think a lot of the people on this board forget that we won 62 games last year and we might have beat the pistons if we were healthy. That is not exactly a team that need any of the above listed names.
    Now I am with some of you that would love to see T-mac in a Pacer jersey. I would too but I think even if it did happen we would actually take a step backward next year becuase of the amount of talent lost. I think 3 years down the road would we would be better off but I think for next year we would actually be worse off. It looks like he is going to the Rockets anyway.
    Now I have seen a lot of threads suggesting we go after Allen, Redd, or Pierce. I think this is NOT going to happen. Remember we won 61 games last year. We don't need an ALLSTAR shooting guard. What we need is a Solid Shooting guard who can streach the defensive. That is what we really need. I think this is possible to obtain as well.

Several names I would like to see us go after are Quintin Richardson, Jason Terry, Jamaal Crawford or Jason Richardson. There are others as well. Some of these might be tougher to get then others but I think their price tags at least on some of them should be better then T-Mac.

As far as the center thing goes I think we are ok really. I mean we did win 61 games with Foster starting. Let's be honest JO plays Center a lot and gets the job done when he has to. I am not saying we couldn't use another Center but hopefully harrison can become that center. If not we will survive. Our weakest area is outside shooting. Our team like to Bang. This means we REALLY need a way tos streach the Defensive and I personally believe that Dampier will be too expensive for what we will get.

Now, that I have depressed all of you about talkign about how we don't need to trade for an Allstar Shooting guard let me tell you I think our upside is HUGE next year if we can Make a trade including harrignton and or Pollard/Cros. for one of the Guards listed above. I also think instead of waiting a year or 2 to get that superstar to have talent trained around them we could win it all next year.

Who is with me?

PS: I LOVE what I have read on Rashad Wright. He sounds like a baller. I really hope it is all ture and I hope he dominates summer league and we got a new backup PG for dirt cheap.

PSS: After getting over how we didn't Get Jackson I am actually really pleased with our picks ocnsidering they were the crappiest ones in both rounds. Harrison has a huge upside and seems tougher then PB. I hope we get to see him play a little too.

Well, that it.
    GO PACERS

Default Re: Why we don't need T-Mac, Redd, Pierce, Dampier, or Allen!!!!!!

Somewhat OT, what summer league are the Pacers in? I heard that the Boston one will not be held this year.

You are right, we don't need those guys but when we are likely to trade both Artest and Harrington [Based on rumors so it may not be accurate] so we will have to get a big name value type in return.

Only thing is Bird might be looking to upgrade at point guard it seems...hmmm.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

yea we really dont need any of them just give Al to the bulls for crawford.we get rid of a player who was good but wanted to start and we get a great SG who can drop at least 15 to 20 a night.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Disagree on Terry. I don't think a backcourt of Terry and Tinsley is a long-term solution. We've already got a short combo guard, why would we need another?

Other than that, I'm with ya.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Dream Big

I said it before, I'll say it again. Keep Ron Artest and arrange a trade to get Quentin Richardson. Keep the team -deep-.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somewhat OT, what summer league are the Pacers in? I heard that the Boston one will not be held this year.
    rocky mountain revue

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/rocky_m...ue_040618.html

(edit: url)

[edit=148=1088397576][/edit]

After all the talk about obtaining a better shooting guard, I have one question.

What will the rotations look like if Reggie and Freddie are still on the team and we bring in a decent (Q-Rich type) 2 for Harrington?

Freddie has made so much progress this past year that cutting his minutes will only deter his progress and probably **** him off. I don't really think playing him at the point is a realistic option considering that we will already have JT, AJ (or someone similar), and then the 3rd stringer (Wright or Brewer). Especially with the tight rotations Rick likes to play.

Reggie will also need minutes and may even start. Add to that that Ron may get time at the 2... and we got issues.

Does anyone see that if we do get a new shooting guard that Freddie will more than likely be included in a trade to aleviate this problem? If not, what do the minutes look like?

I don't see why Freddy can't spend time backing up Tinsley.

He's more of a distributer than AJ.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!