Thread: Coach Sloan is in Town

Default Coach Sloan is in Town

Fanatics,

I'm hoping one of you will check out a Pacer game using my tickets tomorrow night. There is, however, a codicil involved.

I want these tickets to go to someone that has never been to the fieldhouse to see a game. I realize that this probably disqualifies most of you, but, hey, they're my tickets and I set the rules.

Of course, I have no way of knowing whether or not any of you might be telling the truth in this matter, but I have full confidence in the honor system in this situation. Please don't disappoint me.

Those that qualify and are interested, please respond. I'll check back and give the tickets to somebody either later tonight or early tomorrow.

Thanks,
    MJB

Default Re: Coach Sloan is in Town

My wife's never been to a game at conseco, i'd love for her to go, with me of course

Damn. I hope whoever it goes to is honest. I tried to get ahold of a friend who I know wants to go, thinking he hadn't been. But he had been once he said.

Good luck peoples!

-- Steve --

Now there will be a bunch of responses like, "I've never been to the Fieldhouse but I live in _________"

I think this would've worked perfect for my g/f's parents who have never been before. Her dad is a big Indy's sports guy and I don't believe he's ever gon, but I could be wrong.

He's in his 80's and her mom is in her 50's or 60's. She's always telling them about the games we go to, and they're always like wow that sounds nice.

Thing is I don't think we could get them to come. We've offered to purchase tickets for them where they can ride with us and all, but I think they just fill too old and don't like feeling like there a burden.

I'm hoping someone has a little one who's old enough to know what's going on and a Pacers fan. There's nothing like that first NBA game rooting for your team.

Very nice of you Mr. Boyle. I'm hoping you select someone very deserving

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My co-worker has never been but really wants to go, but that will have to probably include myself with him, so count me out of this one...lol.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

MB, I just wanted to thank you for your generosity to the Pacers Digest community.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

This is a very nice gesture from you .. very nice..

I am not asking for tickets, let's just get that understood up front.....

My grandpa is one of the biggest Pacers fans in the world ...He has never been to a live game, as neither have I at Conseco .. I don't wanna come in with a sob story asking for tix, cuz it would be unfair to the rest of you .. But my grandpa don't have a whole lot longer with his heart in congestive failure... I would absolutely love to be able to take him to a game, but finances have been so bad lately I just can't seem to make it happen.. even with the cheap tix they have been offering...

Heck In all honesty , I would be afraid all the excitement of a live game would be bad on him .. He has a little bit of a hard time getting around, and all the walking probably wouldn't be a good idea...
    I have mentioned how I'd love to be able to go to a game with him , while he is still with us , but my mom says the same thing , that it would be too much excitement for him , and walking..

What I was kinda wanting to ask is ... Does Conseco have any kind of motorized carts, or accessability for handicap people or people such as my gramps ??

Cause if I get a chance here soon , I would like to figure out something that would be a good memory with my gramps.. such as goin to a game while he is still with us ..

But if it is gonna put a big strain on him with the walking , climbing steps I wouldn't put him through that... He can barely make it up the stairs at his house without stopping 3 or 4 times every 3 steps to rest...

Like I said ...I'm not asking for tickets just some information advice on my situation.. so plz dont consider me in the running ..lol
    Last edited by Kemo; 03-09-2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

This is a classy gesture.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Maybe Mark can change it to someone who hasn't made it to Conseco this year.

Once again as previously stated, a nice gesture by the Voice and I'll be thinking of you lucky PDers as I get reaquainted with Annie and her AED machine tomorrow night.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

What I was kinda wanting to ask is ... Does Conseco have any kind of motorized carts, or accessability for handicap people or people such as my gramps ??

Cause if I get a chance here soon , I would like to figure out something that would be a good memory with my gramps.. such as goin to a game while he is still with us ..

But if it is gonna put a big strain on him with the walking , climbing steps I wouldn't put him through that... He can barely make it up the stairs at his house without stopping 3 or 4 times every 3 steps to rest...

Like I said ...I'm not asking for tickets just some information advice on my situation.. so plz dont consider me in the running ..lol
    The Fieldhouse is widely accessible for the physically challenged. There are some very roomy places to sit for people in your position, Kemo.

That's cool Duke.. Like I said . that was one of my main concerns ,along with just the physical toll it would take on him ..

Plus If I WERE to plan on taking him to a game , I would definitely need more than a few days advance notice...

Do they have any kind of shuttle-cars from parking to the entrance?

Like i said .. VERY VERY nice gesture from Mr. Boyle ... As others have said .. it goes to show how much class the guy has ...

Definitely earning every bit of respect he deserves..

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

MB, Thanks for the kindness. You guys are doing a GREAT job, (as always), calling games.

'freak...out!

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Are the seats in the lower section?

If so, maybe you should give them to some diehard nosebleed section fan with upgrades and have them give their tickets away to some poor college student.

I haven't been to a game yet this season. The night I bought tickets for we had an ice storm, so I bugged out. But yeah, I've been before.

Cool gesture, Mark. Thanks for doing that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Awesome gesture!

My dad has followed the Pacers my whole life and helped get me into them. He has never been to Conseco but we have talked about going just never been able to.

woman without a team

I bet if you told Coach Sloan that I had Norm Van Lier as my avatar he'd want me to have the tickets.

All,

I wish Kemo could take his grandpa, or that PeeWee 31 could get the old folks to go. Since that doesn't seem to be in the cards, I think it would be nice if Pacers #1 Fan's dad could make his inaugural trip to CFH.

Let me know who to leave the two tickets for.

Thanks,
    MJB

P.S.: Grace....if Coach Sloan knew you were using NVL as an avatar, I think he might invite you to sit on the bench.

Very good of you, Mr. Boyle! Very good of you!
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

The man, the voice, the legend.....................Mr. Mark Boyle ladies and gentlemen!
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

wish i would have saw this sooner. i have never been to a pacers game at conseco or anywhere else.

growing up i was a huge bulls fan(michael jordan of course) and i could never get tickets to see them play the pacers. only recently now that i am older have i become a pacers fan.

Mr. Boyle has offered his tickets on a few occasions. I was the beneficiary of them once and they were awesome. Very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    All,

I wish Kemo could take his grandpa, or that PeeWee 31 could get the old folks to go. Since that doesn't seem to be in the cards, I think it would be nice if Pacers #1 Fan's dad could make his inaugural trip to CFH.

Let me know who to leave the two tickets for.

Thanks,
    MJB

P.S.: Grace....if Coach Sloan knew you were using NVL as an avatar, I think he might invite you to sit on the bench.
    Thank you very much Mr. Boyle. I sent you a PM with my name and some info. Can't wait to get to Indy tonight!

Thanks again

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    He'd change his mind when he found out I know Greg Ostertag's wife.