Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers at Clippers Post-Game: Pacers sneak win at the end

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Clippers Post Game: P's gut it out

Great mental toughness by the guys.

All those close games in the first half of the year is beginning to pay off now. We wouldn't have pulled this game out earlier in the year.

Some good defensive adjustments down the stretch.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Default Post Game thread Pacers beat Clippers

106-105 was our only lead of the 2nd half.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Default Pacers at Clippers Post-Game: Pacers sneak win at the end

A good late-game effort by the team. It didn't look like we deserved to win given our defensive effort prior to the 4th quarter, but we really turned it up in the clutch.

Default Re: Pacers at Clippers Post-Game: Pacers sneak win at the end

That was still such a lousy effort that it feels like a loss!

Dream Big

Marquis 5-17 ouch.. he made up for it in the end though.

106-105 was our only lead of the 2nd half.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like we have 4 post-game threads!

Anyway, can someone merge them?

This game we didn't deserve, but it made up for the Portland game.

Good gutty game by Jack at the end... and Murph as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

4 post game threads? Seems like everyone is a little jumpy to start their own thread. Anyways, I caught part of this game and I'd just like to add that its nice to have a team that doesn't fold when things don't go their way. You have to give these guys credit. Against all odds, they are still making a push for the playoffs. Good win!

Troy now holds the Pacers record for most double doubles in a row! Way to go Troy!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 post game threads? Seems like everyone is a little jumpy to start their own thread.
    Not really. We've had a few games where no one ever started one.

As long as one gets started, that's all that matters.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Who had the better game: Jack 25p 7a or Murphy 22p 15r? Jack continues to impress. Murphy continues to earn his pay.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    4 post game threads?
    I think we were all waiting for you to start it.

Sports Logo

BRush has been way off on the offensive end these last couple of games. Why he took that last 3pt shot attempt is beyond me. I know that he was wide open....but was that play drawn up that way for him to take that shot? At that point, I would have much rather have had Marquis take a 3pt shot then BRush.

His confidence on the offensive end has really been down lately....I didn't see him hit one shot in the 2nd half of the game.

For once, our Defense really was effective AT THE END OF THE GAME when it really mattered. At the 7:18 mark of the 4th QTR, we were down 92-101....for the rest of the game, we went on a 14-5 run to close out the game. They scored 4 points in 7+ minutes.

There was a sequence in there somewhere where both teams went back and forth on possessions where each team missed a whole bunch of easy shots.

Again, we beat another Team that we should be beating...on the road no less. It was an ugly game....but it was a solid win......we trailed for the majority of the game where we only was up by a few points in the 2nd QTR and somehow pulled out a win at the last second. This was a good win. We actually came back from behind to get the win.

Duke, I think that Jack should get the Game winning Ball.....he was clutch at the end hitting key shots and FTs to keep us in the game.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-08-2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Great now someone please explain what happen in the last few posessions?
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Mood

I watched it and evenI am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparko View Post
    Great now someone please explain what happen in the last few posessions?
    We went on like a 12 - 2 run to close the game. The Clips did not make a buvket the final 7 1/2 minutes. Jack put us up 1 with a AND 1 with like 30 to go. We then get a steal, Ford drives and kicks it out to Rush in the corner who misses a 3 with 2 seconds on the shot clock. Clips grab the reb with 5 secs left. Eric Gordon drives to the line out of a time out, TJ plays good D just back pedaling not commiting the foul, The Quis blocks the lay up attempt by Gordon, Game Over. We steal it on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    A good late-game effort by the team. It didn't look like we deserved to win given our defensive effort prior to the 4th quarter, but we really turned it up in the clutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    That was still such a lousy effort that it feels like a loss!
    Well, we've lost plenty that we deserved to win, so...

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    BRush has been way off on the offensive end these last couple of games. Why he took that last 3pt shot attempt is beyond me. I know that he was wide open....but was that play drawn up that way for him to take that shot? At that point, I would have much rather have had Marquis take a 3pt shot then BRush.

His confidence on the offensive end has really been down lately....I didn't see him hit one shot in the 2nd half of the game.
    I didn't think it was a confidence problem tonight, he was just off...again.

As to why he took the shot, the play sets up the wings on each corner, Daniels in one, Rush the other. The way the play developed, Rush was the guy that was open/TJ saw. He had to take the shot. (BTW...I think the play was for TJ at the rim or on the pull up, but he bailed when Thornton challenged him.)

If you don't want a guy to shoot on any given play, you can't put him on the floor.

Mood

w00t we won. I am happy. Nothing else to worry about.

Now it's bedtime.

Well it is good to win when the team just doesn't play well.
    that is what good teams do. I knew JJ was having a game.
    Murphy had a great line.
    (I think he had his double-double by halftime w/ 14-11)
    I just didn't really see him playing great which is a great tribute to him!
    kind of like seeing a Lebron line while your yawning on the couch.
    I just expect stats like that out of Murph now.
    I just hope it isn't like Croshere where he had that 1 year when we went to the Finals & well he had that 1 year.

And I agree I was ticked at the Portland loss, so this is a kind of a makeup.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    Troy now holds the Pacers record for most double doubles in a row! Way to go Troy!
    I think 15 rebounds without one single offensive board might be a record as well. Seriously, I know the big fans love to brush that off but it's not normal, not even close. No other top rebounders are anywhere near as ridiculously lopsided in their OFF/DEF ratio.

But whatever, dude is an offensive machine so what do I care. What does tick me off is this - Clips start 2 rooks, one at center, and Roy doesn't even get in the game. For chrissake Jordan is way more raw than Roy, Roy could have taken it to him a little.

And Gordon, well all they do for him is run him out there for 40+ minutes. Meanwhile it feels like we have to beg just to see Rush for 20 a night, let alone Roy and McBob.

The reward for not using the rooks? A flub give-away game from the Clips for a freaking 1 point win, with them missing several key guys as well. I mean the Clips are like a rookie/soph game with Fred Jones as the vet.

I'm fine for a playoff push, but throwing everything you've got at the most broken-spirit team in the NBA for a 1 point win doesn't indicate a team making a move. I know they got the win, but for the life of me I'm not sure I see the direction the team is headed. Maybe if this was the 2nd night on a back to back but it wasn't.

Just one more night where a team proves they can easily run with the Pacers despite playing their own youth movement while ours spend most of the time on the bench.

One thing I'm surprised nobody commented on: Rush played the entire fourth quarter, despite going oh-for-six. He opened the fourth guarding Gordon, and spent most of the quarter with that assignment. Eric Gordon scored one point in the fourth...after scoring 34 in the first three.

Also, while Jack made some huge plays at the offensive end, Brandon Rush's block of Al Thornton's dunk at the 2:05 mark was huge. It was that last, best shot the Clips got, and Rush did a great job of erasing it. For all the disappointments on the offensive end, I don't think the Pacers win that game without Brandon Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I think 15 rebounds without one single offensive board might be a record as well. Seriously, I know the big fans love to brush that off but it's not normal, not even close. No other top rebounders are anywhere near as ridiculously lopsided in their OFF/DEF ratio.

But whatever, dude is an offensive machine so what do I care. What does tick me off is this - Clips start 2 rooks, one at center, and Roy doesn't even get in the game. For chrissake Jordan is way more raw than Roy, Roy could have taken it to him a little.

And Gordon, well all they do for him is run him out there for 40+ minutes. Meanwhile it feels like we have to beg just to see Rush for 20 a night, let alone Roy and McBob.

The reward for not using the rooks? A flub give-away game from the Clips for a freaking 1 point win, with them missing several key guys as well. I mean the Clips are like a rookie/soph game with Fred Jones as the vet.

I'm fine for a playoff push, but throwing everything you've got at the most broken-spirit team in the NBA for a 1 point win doesn't indicate a team making a move. I know they got the win, but for the life of me I'm not sure I see the direction the team is headed. Maybe if this was the 2nd night on a back to back but it wasn't.

Just one more night where a team proves they can easily run with the Pacers despite playing their own youth movement while ours spend most of the time on the bench.
    Seth...Hibbert wasn't there, he was at his grandfather's funeral.
    Last edited by count55; 03-08-2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Didn't need the first part

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Jesus, Seth...Hibbert wasn't there, he was at his grandfather's funeral.
    That is what I was thinking...

But anyway, we got the win. I don't care how it happened, or how we did it, but the W column is one number higher now.

With that said, I'm heading to bed. w00t! A rhyme!

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

Ah ha! Caught not paying attention! That doesn't happen to you very often. (cackle, cackle)

By the way Rush got 24 plus minutes. Hehehehehehe!
    Last edited by Will Galen; 03-08-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

It's been YEARS since I've seen the Pacers win in person.

Think about that for a minute. Years.

And I was supposed to be out of town for this one - didn't even have tickets until yesterday.

Things are finally looking up.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird