Thread: Golden State Warriors

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Golden State Warriors

Alright guys. I am looking to do another blockbuster with our good friends Golden State. Since they could care less about personality, and we care about image... it just seems to always work. Here is my idea:

Golden State gets:

TJ Ford 2 yr, 17.00M
    Jamaal Tinsley 2 yr, 14.85M
    Indiana 2009 First Round Pick (Top 3 Protected until we convey it)
    Current Year Salary:----15.70M Total Salary:----31.85M

Indiana gets:

Monta Ellis 5 yr, 55.00M
    Anthony Randolph 3 yr, 6.72M
    Anthony Morrow 1 yr, 0.74M
    Current Year Salary:----13.58M Total Salary:----62.46M

This trade does a couple of things. Ellis is a better athlete than Ford and really has a similar game, except Ellis is a much better finisher around the rim. I would also say that Ellis is a little bit better defender. We get rid of Tinsley. I have heard rumors that Jamal Crawford will be opting out of his contract to get out of Golden State. He and Nellie don't seem to get along very well. And the front office and Ellis have been going at it since the Moped incident. So they will have a need for PG depth and Ford and Tinsley gives them two solid options. We basically get Randolph for our First Rounder. We are taking on almost double the salary, however we get the better end of the talent for once. Ellis just turned 23 and is good running the pick and roll as well as being out in transition. We have the upside and athleticism of Anthony Randolph. Morrow is a throw to fill a roster spot for us. We cut over 2M off our current year salary figure and over 3M next year. That will help us a lot. All of that money is deferred until 2011-2012 and later. Since we have crept up the standings it doesn't look like we are going to get into the top ten of this draft. We are protecting the pick just in case we get into the top 3 from the lottery. The Warriors are stuck because not too many teams want to take on Ellis because of his ankle and his contract. I think we should take that chance.

In summary:

GS benefits - cut loose an unhappy player, cut 30M off of their books long-term, get a first rounder this year and two solid PGs for Nellie

IND benefits - LT upgrade at PG, potential of Anthony Randolph, cutting a couple million off the books this year and next for more ST flexibility, get rid of Tinsley finally

Mood

Default Re: Golden State Warriors

We need to keep our pick I would think. If there was a way to do thst then it would be a good deal. Anything that gets rid of the melonomma called Tin Man I'd be happy.

Mood

I suppose I should have put the ages of the players in the original post.

Monta Ellis turned 23 on October 26
    Anthony Randolph (19) turns 20 on July 15
    Anthony Morrow turned 23 on September 27

Jamaal Tinsley turned 31 last Saturday February 28
    TJ Ford turns 26 on March 24

We are getting younger and more athletic with this deal. If we give up a first rounder in which we would have selected someone who is 21 or 22, we aren't changing much in giving up the pick. Randolph is 19!!! Its like we are selecting him with our first this year, which would be a steal considering his upside. But we are taking on the money of Monta's contract for that to happen.

PacerGod
    I was thinking of trades packaging our pick first round pick and Tinsley. This is not a bad trade. Give it time and see how the season pans out. We still have a small chance of making the playoffs. That loss to Toronto yesterday hurt.

Ellis and Randolph individually - all present circumstances taken into account - are worth more than the entire Pacers side of the package...

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ellis and Randolph individually - all present circumstances taken into account - are worth more than the entire Pacers side of the package...
    I totally agree. For beginners GS is better off keeping Morrow than taking Tinsley. GS can get better offers for Ellis than what we are offering. Our pick isn't even going to be that good we r looking around a 9th pick in a pretty shallow draft
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

This would be a steal for the Pacers, though i'd prefer Brandan Wright over Randolph.

Mood

I completely agree with all of your sentiments about talent. That is the point. Its the exact same type of trade that our franchise has been forced into making because of prima donna players over the last how many years. All of our trades have given up better talent for lesser players because the players have driven their true trade value down. Here is a situation where the Pacers can benefit from another franchise in disarray. The amount of money owed to Ellis is significant. The savings the Warriors get by getting rid of an unhappy player drives his trade value wayyyyyyy down. Just ask JO, Ron Ron, Jax, Tinsley and Baby Al what its like to get traded for lesser talent. This is a talent for money relief trade. Nothing else. Yeah we would probably not involve Tinsley, Randolph and our first in reality. But its an idea for a team we can take advantage of that will be looking to get rid of a few bad apples. They would be much better served getting rid of their coach and front office, but thats a whole different thread.
    Last edited by pacergod2; 03-17-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to have Randolph. We need to cash in while Nellie has a case of the stupids, and make a play for this kid if they're really offering him up.
    Last edited by NapTonius Monk; 03-17-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Randolph would be tough to pry from them. He is a pretty skilled player in that he can shoot mid-range jumpers decently for a forward, is athletic, can distribute fairly well, and probably best of all, has the ability to handle the ball like a guard. I think that the only reasonable way for us to get him is to have picked him up in the draft (same goes for Speights).