Thread: Mike Brown the next coach of the Nuggets ?

Default Mike Brown the next coach of the Nuggets ?

Mitch Lawrence is less reiable than Vescey, Mitch is as reliable as Sam Smith, but here it is

The Nuggets are expected to fire Jeff Bzdelik this week. At least that's the word that filtered into NBA headquarters late this past week. Bzdelik's successor likely will be Mike Brown, the Pacers' associate head coach and a former Denver scout. George Karl, a business partner with Denver owner Stan Kroenke, also has been linked to the job. The new coach has some work to do. Several players say there are some major divisions in the locker room, between young (Carmelo Anthony) and young (Nene Hilario), and young (Anthony) and old (Andre Miller and Marcus Cam

And this from Mitch Lawrence at the NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-178241c.html

[edit=24=1088349660][/edit]

sweabs

Default Re: Mike Brown the next coach of the Nuggets ?

Wow...I thought Bzdelik did a great job?

That can't be right...I heard on draft night that Bzdelik was going to stay...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Well that is not a suprise to me.

Kiki said that JB is up in the air because he is not for sure if JB is the guy to get the Nuggets to the next level and maybe he sees something in Mike Brown. I think that even though JB has done a tremendous job Mike would be an excellant choice.

If this goes through I say we hire JB to replace Brown.

If you go to prosportsdaily.com you will see something funny. They have one of, if not the best rumor page on the Internet. They have these two Blurbs one right below the other.
    --------------------------

Bzdelik optimistic as signs point to return
    June 27
    Denver Post: " Waiting for a news conference announcing that Jeff Bzdelik will be back next season looks like a waste of time. Yes, Nuggets officials have left the door open by regularly saying the coach was under contract while not confirming he would return. But, it's becoming clearer that Bzdelik will be back for the 2004-05 season."
    ---------------------------------

Nuggets may fire fire Bzdelik
    June 27
    New York Daily News columnist Mitch Lawrence (Scroll Down): "The Nuggets are expected to fire Jeff Bzdelik this week. At least that's the word that filtered into NBA headquarters late this past week. Bzdelik's successor likely will be Mike Brown, the Pacers' associate head coach and a former Denver scout. George Karl, a business partner with Denver owner Stan Kroenke, also has been linked to the job."
    -----------------------------

The second Blurb is the one Unclebuck has posted above. When reading ProSportsDaily earlier I found it funny seeing the two articles back to back. Who you choose to believe is up to you.

[edit=91=1088351413][/edit]
    [edit=91=1088353092][/edit]

Sorry, Mike, but I hope you don't get it because I want you to stay here.

If they haven't fired Bzeleiufjefohef, then they haven't talked to Mike Brown yet. We certainly haven't heard that they've asked for permission to talk to Brown.

That being said, that's a pretty nice position to go into, unlike the Hawks.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

If Mike's going to leave, Denver's a great place to start. I like Buzz a lot though, I wonder if we really could get him as an assistant here? There'd have to be a head coaching job for him somewhere, right?
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

What's new on the Kevin O'Neill front?

I have been saying that if offered the Hawks job Mike Brown should turn it down, but if he gets offered the Nuggets job he should take that without question.

As a pacers fan I can't be upset if he leaves for the Denver job.

Have not heard anything aboput Kevin O'Neill. My guess is Carlisle has quietly told jhim if brown leaves that Kevin is his guy
    [edit=24=1088358616][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been saying that if offered the Hawks job Mike Brown should turn it down, but if he gets offered the Nuggets job he should take that without question.

As a pacers fan I can't be upset if he leaves for the Denver job.
    Agreed. There's a ton of talent in Denver, and a smart GM to boot. Can't say the same about the Hawks. I hope Mike stays, but if he's gonna go, Denver would be a nearly ideal place.

who is mike brown?!

personally i thought bzdelik was ok (i had my problems with him but he did a decent job), but if we are gonna replace him id hope wed get a proven guy.

but i do know that if bzdelik did not have that 1.5 mill guaranteed deal for this year, he would have been gone a long time ago. for some reason kiki isnt too big of a fan...kiki wants a team that runs ALL THE TIME.

Mike Brown was the top assistant with the champion Spurs team, and the Pacers associate head coach [a title a little higher-ranking than assistant, so we could pry him away from SA] this year. The players all seem to love him, and he's a very energetic and knowledgable guy.

Well, if we lose Mike, and we will eventually, then if he's out west we only have to play him twice a year.

You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Well maybe not
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...995822,00.html

Denver paper has a quote from

Mike brown that he has not had any contact with the Nugs, and Kiki is saying the report is not true

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well maybe not
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...995822,00.html

Denver paper has a quote from

Mike brown that he has not had any contact with the Nugs, and Kiki is saying the report is not true

Good. I want him to stay at least one more year.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Just heard on "Best Damn..." that there will be no coach change in Denver, as there is no coaching problem. Just another rumor!