Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're going to argue our points about the general officiating of the game despite that you were only paying attention to the last 2 minutes of the game?
    Geez can the guy just share his opinion. It does not mean he is right or wrong but everytime he says something you try and bait him into another argument. It has gotten old real quick. All he was doing was saying he thought the game was fair and did not understand everyone complaining. Hey that was his opinion. I think he is entitled to it.

I DVRed the game and watch it when I got off work late last night. I was so pissed after the loss that I went straight to bed.

Refs shouldn't be allowed to take a game like that from a team that clearly played better the majority of the game. The fouls calls were horrendous and clearly decided the game, not the mention the traveling calls on us, and no calls on the Blazers.

It made me sick to my stomach

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

post game thread formula

win = praise guys and effort + sunshine spirit

loss = pick a player of the night to turn them into scapegoats for the loss &/or officiating/coaching.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post

Kidding.
    There's a guy on my City League team that's a former small college basketball player. He's in his 40's now and if you ask him about his game he usually replies with "There's nothing wrong with my upper body."

I think you could describe Harrison and Williams by saying, "There's nothing wrong below the neck."
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    There's a guy on my City League team that's a former small college basketball player. He's in his 40's now and if you ask him about his game he usually replies with "There's nothing wrong with my upper body."

I think you could describe Harrison and Williams by saying, "There's nothing wrong below the neck."
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    One thing I learn again everytime I watch Brandon Roy play is just how bad of a GM Michael Jordan is. He picked Adam Morrison instead of Roy. Say what you will about Bird's talent evaluation skills, but at least he's never done anything that stupid.

Then there is Kwame Brown too!

I hope Jordan picks again this year for the Bobcats. It will give Bird a better chance to pick the wrong player again.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    OK< what personnel change would you have liked. The reason they hit those threes was because Brandon Roy was beating Daniels or Jack -(mainly Marquis) And Roy was their whole offense - whether he scored or assisted. So who could have defended Roy any better?
    Rush on Brandon Roy may have helped.

Hibbert inside may have made Brandon Roy's driving more difficult. The other guys fouled him anyway, may as well give Roy a chance to block the shot. Plus, Hibby's presence inside allows the wing defenders to cheat out closer to the perimeter.

I understand JOB going with the other lineup. But when it failed, and they went on a serious run, why not change to something different?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo

I really don't see what is there to complain about Foster. Honestly, what else are many of you expecting from Foster?

He did what he always did in previous games.....some things good, some things bad. Foster is a solid rotational "1st Big Man" to come off the bench......clearly a very solid Rotational Big Man PF/C.....but IMHO ( at best ) an average Starting Center ( against some Teams ) to a below average Starting Center ( against other Teams ) that is asked to do alot more then he is capable of by JO'B.

Foster blows layups or the occassional jumpshot....but I don't fault him for that....he's a rebounding/dirty-work/non-athletic Big Man that has a limited offensive game and a somewhat decent Big Man Defender against some ( but not all ) Big Men ( as evidenced by Aldridge scoring at will against him ). When he stops rebounding, not providing energy off the bench and starts doing really stupid things when he is on the floor; then I would be calling to reduce his minutes......but until we have a better Big Man Option that can't foul out in less then 20 minutes or does what Foster does but does it better, then I will live with what he provides on the floor.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    Geez can the guy just share his opinion. It does not mean he is right or wrong but everytime he says something you try and bait him into another argument. It has gotten old real quick. All he was doing was saying he thought the game was fair and did not understand everyone complaining. Hey that was his opinion. I think he is entitled to it.
    There's a difference in stating it the way you just did, and telling someone they need glasses if they didn't see it the way you did.

That goes for both sides of the argument, I might add.

This was never my argument to be honest I totally missed the game and therefore do not have an opinion on the officiating. I am just tired of seeing people start an argument over someone's honest opinion. Another poster said something to the effect of not seeing any problems with the officiating and then people attacked him like vultures because they did not agree. I promise you the number one complaint of any team's fans after they lose is that the officiating was terrible and totally one sided. It is an argument that always shows up on every teams boards after they lose. Second complaint being that the coach sucks and third being it is one player who should be traded. This goes for every team not just the Pacers.

I think he got "attacked" because of his use of one word. Whining. It has a negative connotation.

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I DVRed the game and watch it when I got off work late last night. I was so pissed after the loss that I went straight to bed.

Refs shouldn't be allowed to take a game like that from a team that clearly played better the majority of the game. The fouls calls were horrendous and clearly decided the game, not the mention the traveling calls on us, and no calls on the Blazers.

It made me sick to my stomach
    Has anybody ever played NBA Live 09 versus an actual person? Oh my gosh when someone is down by three on that game, they hit like 4 threes in a row. That game is nothing but a momentum swing...
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    Where did I switch the argument?

The only point I was trying to make was that it's hard to argue with people WHO WATCHED THE GAME on the quality of the officiating when YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE GAME.

It was TJ Ford that helped us build the lead.
    The Blazers go on a huge run w/ no TJ.
    Travis should not play unless he is red hot from 3 like the Kings game.
    Other teams drive and get open 3s & draw fouls.
    Then we can't score.
    It is not Foster's play, Jesus.
    Why am I the only 1 that sees this?
    Last edited by larry; 03-05-2009 at 11:57 PM.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Our problem is that TJ has to get too many minutes, because he doesn't have a backup.
    I would back him w/ Jack when we get Danny back.
    Travis would play as much as McRobbie if I had it my way.
    We are better on D w/ Hibbert in.
    I'm happy because I had doubts on him.
    He has had a good year imo.
    He's already better than Harrison.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    It was TJ Ford that helped us build the lead.
    The Blazers go on a huge run w/ no TJ.
    Travis should not play unless he is red hot from 3 like the Kings game.
    Other teams drive and get open 3s & draw fouls.
    Then we can't score.
    It is not Foster's play, Jesus.
    Why am I the only 1 that sees this?
    The Blazers didn't go on a huge run until the 2nd half. Travis didn't play in the second half. I fail to see your logic.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by USF View Post
    The Blazers didn't go on a huge run until the 2nd half. Travis didn't play in the second half. I fail to see your logic.
    You failed to see his logic because you assumed logic was used. You were wrong.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    You failed to see his logic because you assumed logic was used. You were wrong.
    pwned. I agree 100 percent. Diener not playing in the second half could very well be the reason we lost. He was on fire again out there and we could really of used him to keep TJ fresh and score. Plus Diener is the best pure PG we have by far. He is really fast and he creates, plus he has a 10-1 assist to turnover ratio. I don't see how you can hate on Diener. I'm glad he is a Pacer.

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    pwned. I agree 100 percent. Diener not playing in the second half could very well be the reason we lost. He was on fire again out there and we could really of used him to keep TJ fresh and score. Plus Diener is the best pure PG we have by far. He is really fast and he creates, plus he has a 10-1 assist to turnover ratio. I don't see how you can hate on Diener. I'm glad he is a Pacer.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    For those who wondered what a top ten player in the league looks like, we saw it tonight.
    Roy has been a top 10 player since last year. He's stuck in media blackout in Oregon, but the people that have seen him know. He's a straight up cold-hearted killer.

He's a top 10 player, but when it comes to taking over games, as it sounds like he did last night (I missed the game due to extenuating circumstances) there are maybe only 3-4 better.

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    yeah he was sitting on the Pacer bench hurt
    I can't help but laugh knowing that there actually are some of you who genuinely agree with this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Our problem is that TJ has to get too many minutes, because he doesn't have a backup.
    I would back him w/ Jack when we get Danny back.
    Travis would play as much as McRobbie if I had it my way.
    We are better on D w/ Hibbert in.
    I'm happy because I had doubts on him.
    He has had a good year imo.
    He's already better than Harrison.
    Yeah this team's problem is that TJ isn't staying fresh enough.

That's the problem.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    You're interpertation of the last play is laughable though. The calls went Portland's way the whole fourth quarter. While you might not have seen that, you can see on the replay Roy intentionally leaned his should into Ford, Ford made a great move to back off and cause minimal contact. When Roy leaned his shoulder into Ford (it wasn't even a move to the basket, it was blatantly a move to initiate contact), he wasn't expecting there to be such minimal contact that's why he lost his balance and fell. There were three calls you could have made there, and only two would be right. Well the wrong one was called. It was either an offensive foul or traveling but a defensive foul was a prime example of a "superstar phantom call." And the funny thing is I didn't even really think Roy was that much of a superstar.
    First thing I noticed about the play if B Roy hooked TJ Ford with his off arm.