Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 97

Thread: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

  1. #26

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this foul complaining is funny.

    I watched it without reading anything from the board, at first I was like WTF, but after 3 replays it's easy to see he was fouled.

    Don't get all the whining.

    -- Steve --
    Again, last two seconds. Go spoon David Stern if that's your idea of a good ending to a well-played NBA game.

  2. #27
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this foul complaining is funny.

    I watched it without reading anything from the board, at first I was like WTF, but after 3 replays it's easy to see he was fouled.

    Don't get all the whining.

    -- Steve --
    Check the boxscore. Tell me there's not a PF and FT disparity.

    Watch more than the last play and you'd know what we're talking about.

  3. #28
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well great game, it was a win. Rasho just did horrible. We would have definently won without him. And if Deiner played, ouch for Portland.
    Are you David Harrison or Ron Artest?

  4. #29
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we were running our offense through Jeff tonight?

    And the last time I checked, Jeff's winning the race against Roy, Rasho, and Murph... Roy penetrates, we double... leaves Joel open underneath... weakside defense gives up layup or commits foul.

    Joel was Foster's man, no?
    Of course the offense isn't run through Jeff, but there were a number of occassions Jeff got a good pass from Ford right by the basket and biffed an easy bucket.

    Tonight, between Hibbert & Foster, it was CLEAR that Roy was playing better. Not just because he was able to score, but because while Roy was in, our interior defense was tough as nails. When Jeff came in, Portland abused us down low.

    Hibbert, despite his fouls, needed to come back in. He played MUCH better tonight than Jeff, and I think it made a HUGE difference in the game.

    --pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  5. #30

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Check the boxscore. Tell me there's not a PF and FT disparity.

    Watch more than the last play and you'd know what we're talking about.
    He claims there was a great deal of consistency to the night's officiating in the game thread

  6. #31

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He claims there was a great deal of consistency to the night's officiating in the game thread
    I did? Please go find that post.

    LOL

    -- Steve --

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kokomo, IN
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Yet another NBA game where the players don't decide the outcome of the game. TJ did everything right in that situation. The NBA is ridiculous and a joke. There's no integrity in the game anymore. David Stern might've made the NBA a global association, but he also ruined the fundamental game of basketball and I can't wait until he is gone!!!

    Also, Rasho never should play again. He provides absolutely NOTHING. Baston or McRoberts can easily do what he does...run slow, miss shots, not rebound, and make stupid fouls. At least Baston and McRoberts can guard someone. I don't see any reason why he should see the court again especially since he's not a part of the future.

    If Foster misses one more layup I'm going to puke.

  8. #33
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did? Please go find that post.

    LOL

    -- Steve --
    So do you agree or disagree with the officiating consistency, quality, and disparity?

  9. #34
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by peasouptexan7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    If Foster misses one more layup I'm going to puke.
    Then the Clippers game is going to be your own personal Ipecac.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  10. #35

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did? Please go find that post.

    LOL

    -- Steve --
    "Players do decide games. All game long.

    God forbid you strive for consistency in your refs no matter the situation. Whew, that idea must be straight from Satan himself! WOO"

    Okay, my bad, I read that quickly at first glance...I know what you're getting at. But fact is, fouls weren't called evenly on each end of the floor all night, so being consistent about how they "should" have been calling the game in the last 2 secs means absolutely nothing if they hadn't been consistent at all about calling the game up to that point anyway.

    You say they should be consistent about making calls in every second of the game. I say they weren't consistent with their calls all night, so why make that weak *** call at the end? You let the players play, and you're right, it's not in the rulebook. But as a practical matter, you do it.

  11. #36
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course the offense isn't run through Jeff, but there were a number of occassions Jeff got a good pass from Ford right by the basket and biffed an easy bucket.

    Tonight, between Hibbert & Foster, it was CLEAR that Roy was playing better. Not just because he was able to score, but because while Roy was in, our interior defense was tough as nails. When Jeff came in, Portland abused us down low.

    Hibbert, despite his fouls, needed to come back in. He played MUCH better tonight than Jeff, and I think it made a HUGE difference in the game.

    --pizza
    Three things:

    1. Foster only missed 3 shots tonight.

    2. Roy only gets 6 fouls.

    3. Portland was getting stuff in the paint due to B. Roy's penetration. Had nothing to do with Foster. B Roy's penetration is why Foster was in the game: he was penetrating and drawing fouls on Hibbert.

  12. #37
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by peasouptexan7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Foster misses one more layup I'm going to puke.
    You're a manly man.

  13. #38
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    1. Foster only missed 3 shots tonight.
    He only made 1.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  14. #39

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So do you agree or disagree with the officiating consistency, quality, and disparity?
    I watched the game on my PC, and was muti tasking while doing so, so I can't speak for every foul in the game. I was just talking about the last one.

    That said, I don't think a gap in FT attempts by one team or another necessarily means anything was wrong. Sometimes one team just fouls more than the other. That, and we were playing a back to back where we were probably more tired and reaching instead of moving as much as we should. I didn't see anything that drew my ire, or disgusted me. However I was listening to the announcers for probably 50% of the game as well.

    Like I said though, in the 50% of the game I did watch, I never thought about complaining about the refs.

    -- Steve --

  15. #40

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    It wasn't just the foul at the end. Yes the foul at the end was a blown call. If you went back and saw a foul you need glasses. Roy intitiated the contact and tripped over his own feet. There were other calls as well. The strip out of bounds that clearly went off of dude's leg and the travel calls. All in all this was one of the worse officiated games we've faced this year, but that's what home teams with pumped up crowds usually get: the calls in their favor. So it wasn't a rarity what we saw tonight. It happens in the NBA over and over again. The super star phantom calls are also not a rarity and we know some games are fixed just by the nature there is another out there like the one that fell. I don't know if it is even a measurable percent of games, but it does still happen sometimes. Blown calls and super star treatment have nothing to do with the fix but more to do with an unfair biased.

    On the other hand, we had a chance to win the game. If Jack hit the shot nothing the refs did would have mattered. I'm 90 percent positive what lost us the game was not putting Hibbert back in at the end. The second Hibbert game out of the game, Portland started it's run. I don't see where people are getting the logic to crucify Foster but I thought he played a pretty typical Foster like game. He had plenty of good defensive plays and putbacks, but he still is Foster. Foster is nowhere near as effective at stopping a big man in the post one on one as Hibbert is.

    O'Brien is a good coach he just needs to realize Hibbert and Murphy need to be the bigs in the game at the end and not Rasho and or Foster. I'm not throwing Rasho or Foster under the bus, I want them to play. But the lack of PT for McRoberts still has me sratching my head in disbelief. I want all three to share PT, and Roy in as long as he stays out of foul trouble. In no way shape or form do I believe Hibbert should be buried in the bench with 2 fouls to give at the end of a game. It's getting redundant.

    Come on JOB I know you are a better coach than this. Give McRoberts minutes and let Hibbert close games more often. Not every game, but a lot of the close games we've lost this year was due to our inability to defend the post. Hibbert is our best post defender regardless of the fouling tendencies. McRoberts may be better than Foster and Rasho as well but we haven't seen enough of him. When he has managed to get minutes he seemed like he was the better defender and he fits into the offense better.

    Reggie used to say if we could get 1 out 3 on a west coast swing we would be good. I'm pretty confident we are going to handle LA and go 2-1 heading back home. It sucks to lose groud on the 8th spot, but once again we are 10 games under .500. It's been like that all season and I just hope we can stay playing 5-3 ball and close the gap.

    Rush is just too passive out there. His offense needs to develop, but he is going to be good in the future.

    One thing I kept thinking to myself tonight is "Man I REALLY wish there was a way we could keep Jack and Daniels." I guess you just have to believe that Rush will progress in his first full off season and can step prepared into the void Daniels will leave. Quis is the man. He deserves his pay day.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 03-05-2009 at 01:36 AM.

  16. #41
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the game on my PC, and was muti tasking while doing so, so I can't speak for every foul in the game. I was just talking about the last one.

    That said, I don't think a gap in FT attempts by one team or another necessarily means anything was wrong. Sometimes one team just fouls more than the other. That, and we were playing a back to back where we were probably more tired and reaching instead of moving as much as we should. I didn't see anything that drew my ire, or disgusted me. However I was listening to the announcers for probably 50% of the game as well.

    Like I said though, in the 50% of the game I did watch, I never thought about complaining about the refs.

    -- Steve --
    So you're going to argue our points about the general officiating of the game despite that you were only paying attention to the last 2 minutes of the game?

  17. #42
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He only made 1.
    So you want to pin the loss on the three shots that Foster missed and ignore the other 37 shots that the Pacers missed?

  18. #43

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're going to argue our points about the general officiating of the game despite that you were only paying attention to the last 2 minutes of the game?
    NBA games are 4 minutes? Who knew?

    Anyway, I have not argued the whole game's officiating with anyone. I have argued the last call. Damn, reading comprehension people.

    -- Steve --

  19. #44
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this foul complaining is funny.

    I watched it without reading anything from the board, at first I was like WTF, but after 3 replays it's easy to see he was fouled.

    Don't get all the whining.

    -- Steve --
    I was complaining about the officiating. You made this post.

    My whining was not on the last play but for the entire game, which you weren't paying attention to.

    Was your comment to other posters whining or mine?

  20. #45
    lone pacers fan in israel tde3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    israel!
    Age
    22
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portland has the best atmosphere of any basketball game I've attended. And I've been to plenty of big ones.
    go to a maccabi tel aviv game. best atmosphere ever! the crowd never stops singing, no need to pump him.

  21. #46

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NBA games are 4 minutes? Who knew?

    Anyway, I have not argued the whole game's officiating with anyone. I have argued the last call. Damn, reading comprehension people.

    -- Steve --
    You're interpertation of the last play is laughable though. The calls went Portland's way the whole fourth quarter. While you might not have seen that, you can see on the replay Roy intentionally leaned his should into Ford, Ford made a great move to back off and cause minimal contact. When Roy leaned his shoulder into Ford (it wasn't even a move to the basket, it was blatantly a move to initiate contact), he wasn't expecting there to be such minimal contact that's why he lost his balance and fell. There were three calls you could have made there, and only two would be right. Well the wrong one was called. It was either an offensive foul or traveling but a defensive foul was a prime example of a "superstar phantom call." And the funny thing is I didn't even really think Roy was that much of a superstar.
    Last edited by Midcoasted; 03-05-2009 at 01:49 AM.

  22. #47

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by tde3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    go to a maccabi tel aviv game. best atmosphere ever! the crowd never stops singing, no need to pump him.
    Buy me a round trip plane ticket and a seat to the game and I will gladly take your offer.

  23. #48

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was complaining about the officiating. You made this post.

    My whining was not on the last play but for the entire game, which you weren't paying attention to.

    Was your comment to other posters whining or mine?
    It was more of a carryover from the Game Thread where everyone was complaining about the last call, and I addressed that. Everyone was whining about the call that got Roy to the line.

    Of the post you quoted you didn't bold the important part. The part that referred to '3 replays' and all that, it was clear what I was talking about. The last call of the game. Guilty conscious or something?

    -- Steve --

  24. #49
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Can someone explain to me why Jack didn't jump into Outlaw and take the 3 free throws?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  25. #50
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers lose to Blazers

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you want to pin the loss on the three shots that Foster missed and ignore the other 37 shots that the Pacers missed?
    I'm not pinning the loss on him at all. But he played terrible. And it wasn't just the 3 missed shots.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

Similar Threads

  1. Post Game Thread - Pacers lose in LaLaLand
    By CableKC in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 07:16 PM
  2. 11/22/08 Post Game Thread: Pacers / Heat - Where DWade Happens
    By avoidingtheclowns in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 01:17 PM
  3. Post Game thread: Pacers Hawks
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
  4. Replies: 95
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 05:12 PM
  5. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •