Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Game thread - Pacers beat Kings on the Road!

Default Re: Post Game thread - Pacers beat Kings on the Road!

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watch Danny and Mini-Me's response at 1:00 minute to Murph's reverse dunk

http://www.nba.com/video/games/kings...new/index.html
    Ha I like the commentary at the end on Diener's 3. " I don't know where that came from, but I know where it went"

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    At the :16 second mark.......I liked the play where TJ dribble to the hoop then passes the ball ( at the last second ) to Murphy AT THE TOP OF THE KEY where he drains the 3pt shot.

How TJ was able to pass the ball ( much less see ) Murphy at the top of the key is beyond me.
    He knew the passing lane was there when he crossed over to the left side, plus he gave the pass a bit of a lob. He didn't see Murph at all, but he knew where Murph would set up and he also knew that the King post player would pull into the paint for the rebound. Most big men hate guarding anyone outside anyway.

Or put another way, TJ is a real deal point guard.

And I'm not as down on BRush as some. He was clueless on offense, but he played very well defensively for a rookie. His help D was outstanding on several plays, and he can keep players in front of him.
    Last edited by danman; 03-04-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    He knew the passing lane was there when he crossed over to the left side, plus he gave the pass a bit of a lob. He didn't see Murph at all, but he knew where Murph would set up and he also knew that the King post player would pull into the paint for the rebound. Most big men hate guarding anyone outside anyway.

Or put another way, TJ is a real deal point guard.

And I'm not as down on BRush as some. He was clueless on offense, but he played very well defensively for a rookie. His help D was outstanding on several plays, and he can keep players in front of him.
    To be fair.....for every play that TJ makes like this....I have seen 3 other plays where he does the same exact thing and ends up putting up a bad shot that gets blocked by a forest of Big Men that converge on him or he ends up losing the ball.

When TJ is in the zone....he can be as amazing as he was yesterday night. The problem is that he has to get into the zone first.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I know this is a topic in another thread, but after seeing the team play and point distribution last night, it's timely here I think.

If there's to be any playoff run, Danny will have to find a way to integrate back into the flow that has been established in his absence. I'm hopeful, as has been suggested elsewhere, that this would mean he'd have to shoulder less on the offensive end, but ideally could focus more on impacting the game on the defensive end.

Whatever happens, the other guys have to be as engaged as they are now for us to continue to have any success. Cannot get passive waiting for DG to do something.
    HAHA, this says SO much about how far Danny has come this year.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Larry Brown is usually good at getting his teams to peak around this point of the season.

Likewise, I see a bit of peaking with our team. It's especially gratifying to see with Granger out. We could see a good stretch coming up, possibly, and if we made the playoffs we would be peaking at the right time.

Several players are breaking out: Danny, Murph, Jack, Quis. Rush and Roy are improving, Diener is looking good, TJ is at least trying to pass more and watch his shot selection.

I like what I'm seeing.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    Not clueless, more like inhibited by a passive first instinct. He'll come out of that over time I believe, but he likes to share and defer a lot more than he likes to take over. He even improved during the college year last season as he gained confidence, and still he liked to hand it over to Chalmers and Arthur, even Collins.
    On the other end though I'd say he's been playing that kind of D for years.

Now this is the kind of game by Troy, scoring aside even, that is very easy to praise. Fans of his shouldn't get so bent out of shape about the rebounding issue, there is something to that complaint but that doesn't diminish some of the other stuff (including some rebounding) he is doing.
    His shooting is getting almost stupid he's been so hot. Definitely has settled into his role in the grand scheme. If they can make the whole package work with him doing that part, then so bet it. I can deal with that even at his price.

I guess we have to question the Kings PG play because all the Pacers PG had strong nights. I will say that while Jack/TJ were strong last night, I really also think that Diener has taken great strides in his own game. I think he is significantly better this year. He's becoming a more aggressive passer without really amping up the high risk, easy TO situations.

Bird just may have been ahead of the curve on him. I know he's a short defensive liability, but he so good with the ball and obviously has the ability to punish teams who don't respect his open 3. I like his price as a backup PG more than Jack's, regardless of Jack's defense.

Quis - how can they not keep this guy? Look at the team's PPG allowed when he plays 20 minutes vs when he was out or still injured basically. Add to that having Rush out there with him and it's not hard to see the improved defensive results. I don't see how Quis THIS YEAR isn't worth his price tag. If the argument is "he'll be hurt all the time" then okay, tough to deny that concern. But if he plays it's a very fair deal IMO.

Danny is the new JO - in or out makes no difference, or worse yet the team wins more without him. Hey, let's play fair here, many of you guys were eager to run this stat out against JO, so it has to come out against Danny too. Either it means something or it never did, I don't care which side you pick on the matter.

I like the current setup, Roy and Rush are getting quality minutes for development, situations where they are challenged and where you can gauge improvements, and yet the team also remains competitive.

I'm stunned that they've managed to stay this close. Frankly as thin as this draft appears to be I'd say just go ahead and get to 8th if you can because spots 10-15 don't appear much different right now. Winning now would suggest that the team already improved via the draft...last year (and Danny's year).

You know you don't have to get better via the draft every year. Once you get 2-3 guys that have solid impacts you can climb pretty quickly as they develop. Usually at that point you finish it up by tweeking with vet moves/trades. Maybe that's what next season will be about as younger guys develop around Danny as the main scorer.

Worked with Reggie, Rik and Dale basically. I know Rik was a #2, but he also came before Reggie and Dale and the team was still bad. The kick up to the next level wasn't getting that magic #3 pick, it was getting good early teens picks that grew pretty quickly into strong, quality starters.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesterovic View Post
    We'll only get better from here on out! With Granger back, Jack and Murph on FIRE, and with Diener running everything, we should beast from here on out. Here's the rest of our schedule:

vs. Portland - Either way no idea
    vs. LAC - Win
    vs. Utah - Home Win
    vs. Atlanta - Loss probably but possibly not
    vs. Toronto - Win
    vs. Portland - Home Win
    vs. Dallas - Pretty easy home win
    vs. Charlotte - Win
    vs. Miami - Home Win with about 55% chance of winning
    vs. Chicago - Win
    vs. Washington - Win
    vs. Chicago - Home Win
    vs. San Antonio - Home Loss
    vs. OKC - Win
    vs. Toronto - Home Win
    vs. Atlanta - Probably a Loss
    vs. Detroit - Home Win
    vs. Cleveland - Home Loss
    vs. Milwaukee - Home Win

14 - 5 or 13-6 sounds about right because our schedule really is that easy.
    When did road wins vs top flight playoff teams start becoming a maybe?

Utah, Portland = obvious home wins????
    Dallas = EASY home win?

Yeah, because those teams got all those wins by blowing games to bottom feeders in the East. Look, the Pacers COULD win any of these games, certainly they've beat many top teams so far. But how can anyone in their right mind look at those as expected wins?

Talk about counting chickens before they're hatched. I'm happy about the team's play and hopeful, but at the same time their track record suggests losing to Millwaukee as much as it suggests they beat Utah.

It looks like it might yet finish out as a solid dogfight. I'm just happy they are in it enough that a win over Portland or Dallas will be more than just symbolic.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    When did road wins vs top flight playoff teams start becoming a maybe?

Utah, Portland = obvious home wins????
    Dallas = EASY home win?

Yeah, because those teams got all those wins by blowing games to bottom feeders in the East. Look, the Pacers COULD win any of these games, certainly they've beat many top teams so far. But how can anyone in their right mind look at those as expected wins?

Talk about counting chickens before they're hatched. I'm happy about the team's play and hopeful, but at the same time their track record suggests losing to Millwaukee as much as it suggests they beat Utah.

It looks like it might yet finish out as a solid dogfight. I'm just happy they are in it enough that a win over Portland or Dallas will be more than just symbolic.

Well I have changed my mind about Portland. But I say we are still going to win against Utah. And we are going to win vs. Dallas because we never lose when I am in attendance at games. Plus they won't have Howard or Terry.
    "I keep wondering the same thing. Last week they had the 4th worst record in the league, had an 11.9 percent chance of winning the lottery and were in line to land a franchise type player like Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins. This week? They have a 1.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, have the 8th worst record and are in line to draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe. Way to go Jim O'Brien. Rest Danny Granger the rest of the season (if it isn't too late) and give Josh McRoberts lots of minutes. That ought to do it." - Chad Ford on winning meaningless games

Way to go Jim, you may have just put our franchise back another 4+ years.