Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just got two Sec 5 Row 18 seats for $6

Default I just got two Sec 5 Row 18 seats for $6

I got them thru Facebook. Pacers VS. Nuggets on Sunday. I just joined the Pacers Facebook page and received a link to Ticketmaster. All I had to pay was the handling charges.

I'd post this in the promotions sticky but nobody reads that stuff do they?

Default Re: I just got two Sec 5 Row 18 seats for $6

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got them thru Facebook. Pacers VS. Nuggets on Sunday. I just joined the Pacers Facebook page and received a link to Ticketmaster. All I had to pay was the handling charges.

What do you mean "pacers facebook page?"

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

I've gotten tickets from a promotion like that before. Which group did this? There are like 80,000 groups. Can you send me the link to the ticketmaster page for this deal?

The e-mail I got said due to high interest they've expanded the number of tickets past the 1st 500 and to spread the word. So there ya go.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The e-mail I got said due to high interest they've expanded the number of tickets past the 1st 500 and to spread the word. So there ya go.
    I followed the steps. Did it take awhile to receive the link?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as well.
    Last edited by BPump33; 02-27-2009 at 12:32 PM.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Yeah no joke. Thanks a lot. I hadn't heard a peep about this. I assume it sends the link to the e-mail address you have listed on facebook?

i followed the steps, but no e-mail or facebook message

It's not instant. I signed up yesterday and got mine 20 minutes ago.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I didn't have to work, I'd be all over this.

I signed up. Hopefully they didn't run out of tickets already. I'll be checking my e-mail regularly in the next day to see if i get a link or not.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, when I first signed up a while back I got this for a game closer to that time.

It is a great deal, take advantage of it if you can!!!

Look I am thrilled to death for you guys and I do not mean this in any way towards insulting any of you. Really I don't.

But the fact that the Pacers are just giving away lower level and club level seats just pisses me off to no end.

I have been a season ticket holder in some capacity since 1985 and in my life I have never recieved an upgrade, discount or freebie from the team.

I have litterally spent thousands of dollars on the team (I have 4 tickets) and I have honestly paid for mine every single season. Many years back in the 80's sitting up in the nosebleed sections but since about 96 I have been able to be in the lower half for the games.

I see $5.00 club seats, I see people who pay for balcony tickets sitting on the 2nd or 3rd row off of the floor and not paying penny more.

I am not mad at any of you (well Gnome and Hicks, yes ) but as a person who buys thier tickets at full price I feel frankly like an idiot.

Honestly why should I pay for season tickets next year when I know attendance will be no better than it is now and I can just get better seats at a lot less cost?

Again, please do not be offended for you guys that are doing this. It is a great deal for you and I am happy you can go.

I guess I am just bitter because I feel like I have given a lot of money over the years to the team, many years when I didn't really have it to give, and I have never once seen my ticket rep other than when he wanted my money.

I had the magic rep that all of the others had as well but he never once spoke to me or anything other than to ask for money last year at the draft party.

I have a new rep. now. So we will see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Look I am thrilled to death for you guys and I do not mean this in any way towards insulting any of you. Really I don't.

But the fact that the Pacers are just giving away lower level and club level seats just pisses me off to no end.

I have been a season ticket holder in some capacity since 1985 and in my life I have never recieved an upgrade, discount or freebie from the team.

I have litterally spent thousands of dollars on the team (I have 4 tickets) and I have honestly paid for mine every single season. Many years back in the 80's sitting up in the nosebleed sections but since about 96 I have been able to be in the lower half for the games.

I see $5.00 club seats, I see people who pay for balcony tickets sitting on the 2nd or 3rd row off of the floor and not paying penny more.

I am not mad at any of you (well Gnome and Hicks, yes ) but as a person who buys thier tickets at full price I feel frankly like an idiot.

Honestly why should I pay for season tickets next year when I know attendance will be no better than it is now and I can just get better seats at a lot less cost?

Again, please do not be offended for you guys that are doing this. It is a great deal for you and I am happy you can go.

I guess I am just bitter because I feel like I have given a lot of money over the years to the team, many years when I didn't really have it to give, and I have never once seen my ticket rep other than when he wanted my money.

I had the magic rep that all of the others had as well but he never once spoke to me or anything other than to ask for money last year at the draft party.

Ladies and gentlemen, in a post, why the NBA will do even worse financially next year when people don't renew their season tickets or demand some kind of compensation.

The difference is we'll be staying the night and you own the house. Probably doesn't make it any easier to swallow but in three years when the Colts suck and the Pacers are the talk of the town you'll still have your great seats and I'll be calling my dad to see if I can use his company seats and he'll say I think I still have some for the Pacers Vs the worst team in the NBA at that time. In fact, last season I got to sit with him and his partner in the floor seats and they were talking about giving them up. (4 seats @ 2400 a game, 8 more in the lower level and a suite was getting silly since they couldn't even give away the floor seats). I told them the same thing I'm telling you it's not worth it to go to the back of the line the way pro sports are so cyclical.

Still sucks though. I've been to probably 20 games the last two seasons and haven't paid a dime for the seats. In fact, I went last Sunday 'cause a local radio station couldn't get rid of their seats.
    Last edited by Dr. Goldfoot; 02-27-2009 at 02:05 PM.

I have wondered this many many times this year. Everytime i heard of these deals and cheap tickets i was wondering if they were doing anything for the season ticket holders. Judging by this post it doesn't appear they have done anything. I do feel sorry for you in all honesty. I would feel the same way if i paid for season tickets and then saw the team giving away lower level tickets for free. I do respect you very much for getting season tickets every year. This franchise wouldn't even be here right now if not for people like you.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with 'ya, Peck. The STHs really should get some kind of added bonus for their loyalty.

Mood

You and I are in the same position, however, I have only had mine for the latter part of this decade.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I agree with 'ya, Peck. The STHs really should get some kind of added bonus for their loyalty.
    I was told by my "current" rep that renewals before the 11th get 5 free tickets for this season. I'm not sure where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We've gotten opportunities for free club seats maybe three or four times this year.

It's tough. I don't have the investment that some have, so it doesn't bother me to see them try to get bodies in the seats. To me, it's really crucial that they get more people to come see them.

As to whether these are working or not, I cannot tell you.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, in a post, why the NBA will do even worse financially next year when people don't renew their season tickets or demand some kind of compensation.
    Well, it all goes back to loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Well, it all goes back to loyalty.
    That's too flat of a statement. There are too many other issues to consider, and the Pacers, in all honesty, are a luxury.

It is hard for me to get to games now. I am driving 200 miles roundtrip every day so that I could avoid taking a significant pay cut.

As I said, I am not bothered by the ticket giveaways as I consider them a short term attempt to broaden the fan base. However, I can understand the frustration that others feel.

To say it all goes back to loyalty it too simplistic, and too dismissive for people who deserve better.

EDIT: I'm renewing, so I'm not defending myself, here. It's just that it is not bad or unreasonable for some to elect to discontinue their tickets.
    Last edited by count55; 02-27-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    That's too flat of a statement. There are too many other issues to consider, and the Pacers, in all honesty, are a luxury.

It is hard for me to get to games now. I am driving 200 miles roundtrip every day so that I could avoid taking a significant pay cut.

As I said, I am not bothered by the ticket giveaways as I consider them a short term attempt to broaden the fan base. However, I can understand the frustration that others feel.

To say it all goes back to loyalty it too simplistic, and too dismissive for people who deserve better.

EDIT: I'm renewing, so I'm not defending myself, here. It's just that it is not bad or unreasonable for some to elect to discontinue their tickets.
    I apologize for being flat, but that is what Peck is saying. He wants to be rewarded for his continued loyalty.

I have not as bad as a commute as you, but I do drive about 135 miles round trip to go to the games. I can get frustrated at times.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I apologize for being flat, but that is what Peck is saying. He wants to be rewarded for his continued loyalty.

I have not as bad as a commute as you, but I do drive about 135 miles round trip to go to the games. I can get frustrated at times.
    Yeah, I'm sorry...my commute is to my job, not to Pacer games. I live in Fishers, but I work in Terre Haute.